Might have to cancel / your experience with Cruisecare

My wife and I have a June cruise planned and have made full payment. Unfortunately my MIL has become seriously ill (she was not joining us) and potentially we may have to cancel based on how her health issues progress. We did take out the Cruisecare insurance through RCL so I am interested in hearing anyone who has experienced a similar situation. Specifically, how was your claim handled? Were there any issues involved with your reimbursement?

We are not adverse at all to rescheduling to another time or taking cash in reimbursement.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Sorry to hear you may need to cancel. June is quite a ways away, so if it were me, I'd wait to the last minute to cancel, things may change by then.

As for experience with cruise care, we have used it twice for medical.

Filing for medical is different than a cancellation. Both times were quick and easy with full refunds.

We made a claim a number of years ago when our mother (one of the cruisers) was suddenly hospitalized just prior to the cruise. We were fully reimbursed except for the cost of the insurance. Just required a letter/note from her physician. Very quick, very easy.

Archived