Fluid Pricing!

C at Sea

C at Sea,

I don't think the 3rd July cruises sold out on Saturday - lots of people reporting today that they got on their choice of cruise for that date, though Oriana was sold out by about 9:30am and Oceana is seeing very big price hikes for most grades of cabin - probably as a result of Oriana selling out and people going for the next cheapest cruise.

I think the reason the system crashed was simply because it's not designed to deal with the volume of sales and enquiries that first day sales generate. You would think P&O would know the level of sales they needed to be able to handle!!

Feebee_71

we preebooked 2 balcony cabins for azura in april going to the med we did this through p&o at the daily telegraph cruise show a couple of weeks ago this last weekend we decided we were going to do a 175th anniversery cruise (3rd july) the 4 nighter on oceana to amsterdam we phoned the person who we booked with from p&o on monday and because it went on sale today she said she would phone us before 8am today to get our details in the syatem as quick as possible. she phoned this morning entered the details ready to press enter at 8am the minyte she pressed enter the system crashed she spent anhour getting everything on and we have a confirmed booking but the 1st 2 levels of outside stateroom were already booked and sold out and when you go on the website now it says this cruise is no longer available to be booked not sure if this is a website glitch again like the prices?

After waiting finally for today and ready to book 2 cruises for next year I am well and truly disappointed with P&O.

Perhaps I should have taken pot luck with cabin allocation and pre registered but when you are committing this amount of money for holidays I did want some say, as we have found where we are onboard does make a difference to us.

Ok I can accept the cabins I would most have liked were already allocated by the time my TA got through to bookings but what I find hard to accept was between 8am and 11am today the price had increased by over £500! and all OB spend withdrawn.

Yes perhaps it is supply and demand but we were going to be over £1k out of pocket compared to the advertised brochure price over the two cruises.

In hindsight I should have booked one a few weeks ago and pre-registered for the one that went on sale today.

Hopefully everyone else got what he or she were after and are happy.

I will look forward to the two P&O cruises I have already booked for this year and my plans for 2012 are now possibly with one of their competitors or perhaps when the opening frenzy has calmed down and P&O have unbooked cabins due to the current economic climate I might just bag myself a bargain who knows.

When I enquired about cruise J208 on the Arcadia on March 30 I was quoted £2974 for a DC grade cabin,then I was quoted £3524 on April 2nd,then today I booked the cruise with my TA for £2194 .

The way PandO have been this last week with their fluid pricing is terrible,imagine sitting down to dinner the first night and finding out that someone had paid £3524 for the same cabin. :mad::mad:

The way PandO have been this last week with their fluid pricing is terrible,imagine sitting down to dinner the first night and finding out that someone had paid £3524 for the same cabin. :mad::mad:

You ask what people paid for their cabin ??? on the first night ?????

Archived