Port calendar

cbb

I've used the search function, my old sources (cruisett, etc), attempted to load "Port of Livorno info,(which won't load), so my question is; "how do I find info on where my ship will dock in Livorno on April 21 (Insignia)?. I'm looking for specific dock so that info might not be known. Trying to do the #1 bus to train station, then train to Lucca via Pisa. Anyone know anything about shuttles, whether they're O or port? As always, I am thankful to y'all! c

We were in Livorno on a Sunday in October 2010. The port ran a shuttle from the ship to a spot downtown near the bus stop. There was a charge for the round trip. We tried to get the first available train so we were on the first shuttle. It left late due to the driver not being ready to accept payment. The ship's concierge stepped in and collected and paid the driver later. We waited quite a while for the bus so we missed our planned train. Trains ran about once an hour to Florence.

Make sure you have the correct change for the city bus prior to boarding, the driver does not make change. While we were waiting we tried to get a cab but they would not stop. Sunday morning there was very little going on in downtown Livorno.

We had plenty of time at the station to get tickets and figure out which track our departing train would be on.

The return trip was much better, the bus was at the station when we exited the station and the shuttle was waiting down town.

LHT28, yea, it's just not me!

SandPine, I knew about having exact change; do you remember how much it was? I have read that the same is true for the bus? Perhaps there will be taxis at port and we can bypass the bus. We'll see.........I'll try to remember to post what occurred when we return.

cbb

I do not remember the cost, sorry. Going from the train station back is not as much a problem because there are businesses in the station to make change. But, from the stop downtown you are on a street corner with not much around, especially early on a Sunday morning as was our case.

As I recall the port shuttle bus would make change.

We didn't see any taxis at dock side. The port shuttle bus takes you several blocks into the city to where they drop you off. We didn't see any taxis at that drop-off point either.

Good luck. The train portion of the trip is easy and drops you off by the outdoor market district, and it is a short walk to the duomo, etc,

Sand Pine,

Good info to know. We arrive on a Thursday (of course it is Maundy Thurs so here's hoping there is no change to the scheduling) @ 8:00am and leave (Good) Friday @ 8pm. Somewhere on CC I read that sometimes taxis don't even want to drive from port to train station because it is not cost efficient for them.

We've printed out maps and also way points (for gps) so if we can get close to the train station we're good to go! (I'm a sucker for trains; Alaska RR and Durango & Silverton are favs!) We'll check train schedules shortly before we leave to make sure Easter and/or strikes haven't changed times. Coming back we may stop at Pisa; it's been years and we have to transfer there anyway. Thanks again!

I've used the search function, my old sources (cruisett, etc), attempted to load "Port of Livorno info,(which won't load), so my question is; "how do I find info on where my ship will dock in Livorno on April 21 (Insignia)?. I'm looking for specific dock so that info might not be known. Trying to do the #1 bus to train station, then train to Lucca via Pisa. Anyone know anything about shuttles, whether they're O or port? As always, I am thankful to y'all! c

Berth 75...

http://www.portolivorno2000.it/component/schedules/?da=21&mo=04&ye=2011

Paul,

thank you so much. I have spent 2 days trying to log on to that site; you had the magic touch!! Ok....people, here is the next question. Having looked at a map and at our berth, how difficult is it going to be to walk from our berth to the Via Grande to a bus stop. Are passengers allowed to walk in the dock area? Thanks!!!

Archived