New Port of Call for NZ

Just checking out Volendam sailings and noticed they have included a new port of call this coming season..

New Plymouth.

I presume thats instead of Christchurch?

PAH116.jpg

Ship: ms Volendam

Embark Port: Sydney, Australia

Disembark Port: Sydney, Australia Departure Dates: Dec 19, 2011

Ports of Call: Sydney, Australia; Milford Sound, New Zealand; Cruising Fiordland Natl Park; Oban (Halfmoon Bay), New Zealand; Port Chalmers (Dunedin), NZ; New Plymouth, New Zealand; Wellington, New Zealand; Napier, New Zealand; Tauranga (Rotorua) New Zealand; Auckland, New Zealand; Waitangi (Bay of Islands), NZ

I will be watching our future cruise too, as we were meant to go to Christchurch. However I understand that the locals need time and space to repair. Surely the port of Akaroa would be close enough to support them in some financial way. I hope so.

Jen

HAL is the only major line I've seen that stops there (so far) and that's only for one cruise, Dec 19, 2011.

Also, I don't believe it was a replacement for Christchurch as I believe it's part of their original schedule and both before (Dec 5) and after (Jan 17) NZ cruises still have Christchurch/Lyttleton listed, even though they're not expected to go there any more.

We are booked on the March 27th 2012 out of Auckland on the Volendam and our itinerary shows Akaroa for Christchurch. Gosh they sure can do with our visiting dollars to help them rebuild .......

We are booked on the March 27th 2012 out of Auckland on the Volendam and our itinerary shows Akaroa for Christchurch. Gosh they sure can do with our visiting dollars to help them rebuild .......

When you are in Akaroa I suggest you visit a little shop called Fire and Ice. They hand-make jewellery from an incredible array of semi-precious stones and also pearls. The designs are very imaginative and the prices are quite reasonable.

Archived