help! can't book family of 4

cruiser01

Hi:

i'm trying to book a disney cruise. When i try and book 4 people in a cabin it says no cabins. when i try 3 people there are lots. even though these cabins can accodate more than three, it won't let me book 4. is this a ship capacity issue. is there a way around this? will they release a cabin for 4, and change another to 2. or something else?

thanks!

Hi:

i'm trying to book a disney cruise. When i try and book 4 people in a cabin it says no cabins. when i try 3 people there are lots. even though these cabins can accodate more than three, it won't let me book 4. is this a ship capacity issue. is there a way around this? will they release a cabin for 4, and change another to 2. or something else?

thanks!

Subscribing. Same issue. I thought all cabins could accommodate 2 adults, 2 children

Most of the cabins are designed to accomodate 3 or 4 persons, however, all cabins on the ship cannot be reserved for their maximum number at the same time.

More to the point, the issue could be lifeboat capacity or kids clubs limits on your particular cruise.

:)

:)

More to the point, the issue could be lifeboat capacity or kids clubs limits on your particular cruise.

Yep, it's usually a matter of kid club limits. Each club has a capacity and once it is reached no kids of that age group can be booked into any cabin.

Doesn't appear to be a kids club issue. Tried booking 4 adults and still won't allow me. Any other thoughts

Weird... looks like it's time to call DCL and see if they can explain and hopefully help. :confused:

If you can book 3 but not 4, then all the cabins that sleep 4 are gone. They do have many cabins that sleep 3. Cabins that sleep 4 or 5 sell out before cabins that sleep 3, obviously becasue it is a family cruise line.

Try a fake booking for 3 and see what cabins are offered, then check out the particular cabins offered on a deck plan to see if in fact those cabins only sleep 3.

I was having the same issue. I was trying to book 2 adults with 2 kids and then 1adult with 1 child (taking grandma) it would give me rooms if I broke it down 3 and 3 but not if I broke it 4 and 2. Using the same ages kids/adults. DH is insisting on a verandah (we've never sailed without a balcony) but I was going to book my mom in a oceanview OR verandah,either one was fine. I am a little concerned with the smoke on verandahs anyways (first time taking kids on a cruiseship and I have kids with smoke allergies)

I was thinking it was because one of our "kids" is 13...but I tried rearranging ...

I am really starting to dislike the disneycruise site :( Sadly. I will eventually call but I like being able to play around with things myself.

Being a family of 5 that takes grandma I am very familiar with Disney accomadating familes of 4 or less....Thankfully it is starting to get better :D

I am crossing my fingers that some staterooms open up for FALL in the next few days with the news about a bad hurricane season coming.

I was having the same issue. I was trying to book 2 adults with 2 kids and then 1adult with 1 child (taking grandma) it would give me rooms if I broke it down 3 and 3 but not if I broke it 4 and 2. Using the same ages kids/adults. DH is insisting on a verandah (we've never sailed without a balcony) but I was going to book my mom in a oceanview OR verandah,either one was fine. I am a little concerned with the smoke on verandahs anyways (first time taking kids on a cruiseship and I have kids with smoke allergies)

I was thinking it was because one of our "kids" is 13...but I tried rearranging ...

I am really starting to dislike the disneycruise site :( Sadly. I will eventually call but I like being able to play around with things myself.

Being a family of 5 that takes grandma I am very familiar with Disney accomadating familes of 4 or less....Thankfully it is starting to get better :D

I am crossing my fingers that some staterooms open up for FALL in the next few days with the news about a bad hurricane season coming.

Out of the seven days we just sailed, we only had problems with smoke on the balcony once. It was the second leg of the trip and the guy next store lit up and the smoke of course came my way. I went back in room. I didn't see him out smoking any other days though, or at least when I was out there. There are ashtray type cups on the balconies and ours still had cigs in it from prior guest(s).

I'm not sure what to really tell you other than from our experience, it didn't seem like there were many smokers on board. That being said, DCL limits where people can smoke quite a bit, so balconies might be a more likely spot for smokers.

Archived