Sailing out of Port Canaveral

hlb76

We are looking to sail out of Port Canaveral this Oct. I hear that the airport to port is about a 45 min haul. Guessing a expensive cab ride. I have seen lots of post about a car company or limos so I will explore those options too.

I was wondering if we have to fly in a day early are there hotels near the port or do you need to stay in the Orlando area?

I was also wondering if there are any other airports that might be close to fly into. I checked flights and holy cow they where high compared to flying into other place in the same time frame.

Any other hints or tips for a PC newbie???

Orlando (MCO) is a 45-60 minute ride away. There are no other major airports closer to the port.

You can rent a car one way or shuttle for about $20 per person each way. There are lots of hotels in the Port Canaveral and nearby beach areas - if your flight arrives late it may be easier to stay near MCO and travel to the port the next morning.

Search these boards to Port Canaveral FAQ and you'll find a wealth of info. Good luck! :)

It's a long way to the port. We took the official shuttle. Kennedy Space Center is great to see while you are there. The ticket is good for several days so you could stop and see it before the cruise and then visit again after before flying out. From what little we managed to see, I would guess that 3 days would probably be needed to see it.

We are looking to sail out of Port Canaveral this Oct. I hear that the airport to port is about a 45 min haul. Guessing a expensive cab ride. I have seen lots of post about a car company or limos so I will explore those options too.

I was wondering if we have to fly in a day early are there hotels near the port or do you need to stay in the Orlando area?

I was also wondering if there are any other airports that might be close to fly into. I checked flights and holy cow they where high compared to flying into other place in the same time frame.

Hello. Orlando is the closest airport. A popular option to get there is to get a one way rental car that you can turn in the morning of your cruise and the car rental agency will shuttle you to the ship. You could also hire a private car/limo or arrange for a shuttle to the port. There are multiple hotels in the Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach area, everything from right on the beach to being 5 minutes from the cruise terminal. :D

We had 4 poeple and rented a car. Like someone said when you turn car in the will take you to the ship. Plus you have the car to check out coco beach. Getting back to the ship we used coco beach shuttle. I thik it was 54 dollars. Cheapest way I found to do it.

Hi, I will be sailing Freedom of the Seas in Dec. I have ten in my group. U have the option of flying in a day or two prior to your cruise; and getting a hotel by the port; or getting a hotel in Orlando or airport area. The only place I heard that offers free shuttles from airport to port is Ron Jon Resorts; its a time share; but they also rent rooms. There are a list of shuttle companies and here are links.

http://www.limorentalspecials.com/port-limos.php?Title=Port+Canaveral+Limos&KW=Port+Canaveral+Limos&meta=

http://www.happylimo.com/

http://travelynx.net/

I will be flying in a day prior to sailing. Will book Hyatt Regency inside the airport; this way all my family who are coming from different cities can meet there. We will take one of the above shuttle companies to the port the following day and book a roundtrip; they will pick us up the following week. If u have any more questions please ask.

The Raddison and Four Points by Sheraton are 2 hotels that offer shuttle service to the port. Both have there +/-'s, but I like the Sheraton beacuse it 1 block from the beach, very close to food, drink (incl starbucks)and any other thing you might need. I have never been disappointed staying there.

The drive from Orlando International to the port is not difficult. State road 528 (beach line expressway) run past the airport and straight to the port, the city of Cape Canaveral and Cocoa Beach. The only drawback is that it is a toll road, so make sure you have some change.

Hope this helps.

The Raddison and Four Points by Sheraton are 2 hotels that offer shuttle service to the port. Both have there +/-'s, but I like the Sheraton beacuse it 1 block from the beach, very close to food, drink (incl starbucks)and any other thing you might need. I have never been disappointed staying there.

The drive from Orlando International to the port is not difficult. State road 528 (beach line expressway) run past the airport and straight to the port, the city of Cape Canaveral and Cocoa Beach. The only drawback is that it is a toll road, so make sure you have some change.

Hope this helps.

Just an FYI only 1 toll between here and the airport.

Hope this helps.

Also... the Sheraton is way newer than the Radisson. I stayed at the Radisson about 10+ years ago, from friends who have stayed recently its gone downhill. There is a go-kart place near the Radisson which is fun, and also a big "Adult Store" within walking distance. However my pick would be the Sheraton

We are using Ambiance Transportation in Orlando. There are 4 of us in our party. We have a rate of $100 each way. They are picking us up at our hotel (Days Inn - Florida Mall - $49/nite!), and taking us to the port. (We are flying in a day early. This will be my fourth cruise, and I find it much easier to fly into the area the day beforehand). They are also going to be right at the port to transport us back to the Orlando Airport. Communication with the company has been wonderful so far. I don't anticipate any problems. Other posts about them have been very good.

We are using Ambiance Transportation in Orlando. There are 4 of us in our party. We have a rate of $100 each way. They are picking us up at our hotel (Days Inn - Florida Mall - $49/nite!), and taking us to the port. (We are flying in a day early. This will be my fourth cruise, and I find it much easier to fly into the area the day beforehand). They are also going to be right at the port to transport us back to the Orlando Airport. Communication with the company has been wonderful so far. I don't anticipate any problems. Other posts about them have been very good.

What time did u book your flight home? What time is Ambiance picking you up at port? Am trying to figure out a good time to book my flight home.

There is an airport in Melbourne which is south of the port. However, not too many commercial flights into/out of Melbourne. As for a hotel, look in the Cocoa Beach area which is just south of the port.

My flight is at noon.... Ambiance is going to pick us up at the port between 8 and 8:30. We are doing self-departing off the ship.

Thanks for the info; I won't be making a flight before noon. Want to take advantage of the luggage valet program; I don't think u can use it if your flight is before noon.

This info is great! Just what I needed. A few other questions I have, as I'm not familiar at all with the area...

We are going to arrive late at MCO (23:30) the night before our cruise, but are coming from the west coast, so it won't feel too bad.

Should we stay by the airport and shuttle directly to the port the next day or should we shuttle to a hotel near the port (maybe Coco beach area?) and spend the morning checking it out. Is it walkable? Worth spending 1/2 a day at?

thanks for the info!

This info is great! Just what I needed. A few other questions I have, as I'm not familiar at all with the area...

We are going to arrive late at MCO (23:30) the night before our cruise, but are coming from the west coast, so it won't feel too bad.

Should we stay by the airport and shuttle directly to the port the next day or should we shuttle to a hotel near the port (maybe Coco beach area?) and spend the morning checking it out. Is it walkable? Worth spending 1/2 a day at?

thanks for the info!

Unless you will be renting a car I would stay by the airport. You will probably pay a premium to shuttle at that time of night.

thanks for the info!

If you are coming in that late, then stay near the airport.

thanks for the info!

I am booking the Hyatt which is located inside the airport. I have family coming from different cities; we will all meet at hotel; spend the night; and take a shuttle on Sunday morning.

We just returned and had a late flight and a comfort suite Orlando airport l picked us up and shuttled us to the hotel and then took us back to Orlando airport to pick up our Enterprise Car. We got a new van (6 of us) with 700 miles on it!!!! Sweet! We drove right to the Radisson and checked in by 11:00am and then spent the day at the beach. We had a great day. We then used the pool at the Radisson which is beautiful. Our room was clean and the hotel staff was very friendly!! I was worried from reading posts of others. Great experience. We ate at Sunset Bar and Grill and watched the sunset go down. Took amazing pictures. The food was great, the staff great and enjoyed people having a blast. Band played, it was all good. Radisson took us to the pier and then after the cruise Enterprise picked us up. It all went very smoooth. Coco Beach was great!!!!

We just returned and had a late flight and a comfort suite Orlando airport l picked us up and shuttled us to the hotel and then took us back to Orlando airport to pick up our Enterprise Car. We got a new van (6 of us) with 700 miles on it!!!! Sweet! We drove right to the Radisson and checked in by 11:00am and then spent the day at the beach. We had a great day. We then used the pool at the Radisson which is beautiful. Our room was clean and the hotel staff was very friendly!! I was worried from reading posts of others. Great experience. We ate at Sunset Bar and Grill and watched the sunset go down. Took amazing pictures. The food was great, the staff great and enjoyed people having a blast. Band played, it was all good. Radisson took us to the pier and then after the cruise Enterprise picked us up. It all went very smoooth. Coco Beach was great!!!!

Just what we like to hear.

Something to consider. Our July cruise on the Freedom OTS will be our third cruise from Port Canaveral, Each time we flew into West Palm Beach Airport (PBI) the day before, rented a car and drove the 2 hours to PC. It's an easy drive, PBI is a very easy airport to come and go from and flying into PBI will save us a little over $400 for three tickets.

We flew into the Melborne airport when we took a cruise out of Port Canaveral. The cost of airfare may be higher; but, the savings on staying in a hotel plus cab/car rental/shuttle from Orlando airport may end up costing you more. If I recall correctly, the shuttle ride to the pier was only like 15-20 minutes and we slept in our own bed the night before the cruise (we are not hotel people - we avoid them if at all possible).

We decided to fly in 3 days early and do 2 days at Disney it was awesome. We picked up a rental car at the airport and returned it near the cruise port. It was perfect. After the cruise it worked out cheaper to use a shuttle to the airport. We were happy to have a shuttle so we didn't have to worry about returning a vehicle, finding our way, etc. We paid $20pp (infant was free) with cruisexpress. They were awesome. They played a movie for the kids and the owner answers all emails promptly. She was at the cruise port to make sure everything went smoothly. I highly recommend them.

Archived