Whats up carnival fcc???

CHIEB2812

If you purchase an FCC on board can it be applied to a future cruise that you have booked that is fully paid off already? Do you get a 100 refund and the 100 OBC? Or does it not apply to future cruises that are already 100% paid off?

Thanks

If you purchase an FCC on board can it be applied to a future cruise that you have booked that is fully paid off already? Do you get a 100 refund and the 100 OBC? Or does it not apply to future cruises that are already 100% paid off?

Thanks

I can tell you what happened to me in a somewhat similar situation....

We had paid for all of our cruise, except $100, intending to use our FCC to pay off the rest. In the time that it took to mail our FCC into the office, our Easy Saver Fare went down. We submitted the Easy Saver form online, and received the difference of $80. So, now we only owed $20! Our FCC was received and accepted, and we received the OBC of $100. On our Billing screen it now showed an overpayment of $80. I waited a couple of weeks to see if we would be automatically refunded the money, or if it would just roll over into our OBC, which would have been fine with us. However, none of that happened. I had to call a PVP and ask them to refund our overpayment. They told me 7 - 10 business days and we should have the refund. We don't yet have it, but are still within the 7 - 10 day timeframe.

I would suggest that you call and ask to see if it can still be submitted, can't hurt!

Wow! Wish I had found this thread before jumping through all the hoops of applying my friend's FCC to our current cruise. Thanks for the clarification between "deposit" vs $100 off ( actually sounds more like $100 "prepaid"). Thanks for the explanation of full deposit up front and the $100 applied after mail in. I noticed something else today- earlier this year the length to use an FCC changed for those buying now. Under the old system, my friend had 4 years to use her FCC. Now it has to be booked in two years and sailed in three years. I guess it is a program that is a work in progress.

All cruises we have been on have not been done like this. My fault for assuming . In the future will not purchase fcc from Carnival as it is not helpful to me. Live and Learn! This dosent mean I wont cruise with Carnival, I will just not with fcc..:rolleyes:

How is doubling your money on a 7 day cruise not helpful?????

We have purchased 18 and used 15 of them since Nov 2008 and I can tell you it has been VERY helpful (over $1,000 dollars tax free)....woo hoo!!

How is doubling your money on a 7 day cruise not helpful?????

We have purchased 18 and used 15 of them since Nov 2008 and I can tell you it has been VERY helpful (over $1,000 dollars tax free)....woo hoo!!

Shhh...we all know Uncle Sam is trying to figure out more ways to increase taxes we pay. :p

We bought some on the Triumph on April 6th. It

On the terms and conditions on the back, #5 says, "This certificate can be applied as a deposit but does not serve as a full deposit for all sailings. The recipient is responsible for covering any difference in the full deposit at the time of booking."

I took that to mean that if my deposit is $200, I have to pay $100 to cover the difference. When I called my PVP today, he said the FCC cannot be used for any part of the deposit. The guy selling them on ship very clearly said they could be used as a deposit. Not complaining, I bought them for the free OBC.

Paid $100.00 for FCC

Received $100.00 discount toward cruise (after paying deposit)

Received $ 100.00 OBC

Used it along with ES.

Sounds good to me:D:D:D

I will purchase another one next week on the Liberty:D

We bought some on the Triumph on April 6th. It

On the terms and conditions on the back, #5 says, "This certificate can be applied as a deposit but does not serve as a full deposit for all sailings. The recipient is responsible for covering any difference in the full deposit at the time of booking."

I took that to mean that if my deposit is $200, I have to pay $100 to cover the difference. When I called my PVP today, he said the FCC cannot be used for any part of the deposit. The guy selling them on ship very clearly said they could be used as a deposit. Not complaining, I bought them for the free OBC.

I don't see how Carnival can make a contract *clearly* stating you can use it for *part* of the deposit, and then retract that contract and tell you that you can't.

See image of the back of the cert, especially number 5 (as discussed by quoted poster). I agree, I get them for the "free" OBC, but hey, a contract is a contract, no?

GP

fcc2.jpg.9357dc32c46075d8a81c85e313c213b2.jpg

Bought fcc on past cruise . Called Carnival to apply fcc to future cruise and they refuse to take it as my deposit telling me I have to put money down to hold the cruise send the certificate certified mail to Carnival when they receive it they will then apply the fcc to the cruise and onboard credit. This defeats the whole purpose of purchasing fcc! This is not how Princess works, had I known this I would not have purchased this fcc. There is something really wrong with this system...BEWARE:confused:

Regardless of what anyone says here the FCC (says it right on the back) can be used towards the deposit of a cruise. The problem is that in order for that to work you have to overnight the FCC so they can apply it before your cruise automatically cancels because the full deposit isn't paid. To have to spend $20+ to overnight it really reduces the value, but...

This year I was able to prevent my cruise from canceling even though I mailed it certified mail as per the Carnival rep on the phone when I booked, but it was no simple task.

Now, with that being said Carnival doesn't have a working system in place to make that work, but I understand that in a couple of weeks the FCC's will no longer require mailing and this issue should be fixed.

The problem is that in order for that to work you have to overnight the FCC so they can apply it before your cruise automatically cancels because the full deposit isn't paid..

Actually most people pay it in full to prevent any chance of it being cancelled, and then when they credit the FCC, they gave me the choice either $100 refund to my cc, or $100 extra OBC. I didnt get the $100 refund until I followed up after my cruise, but I got it with no danger of my cruise being cancelled. My PVP is the type to be safe not sorry.

I don't see how Carnival can make a contract *clearly* stating you can use it for *part* of the deposit, and then retract that contract and tell you that you can't.

See image of the back of the cert, especially number 5 (as discussed by quoted poster). I agree, I get them for the "free" OBC, but hey, a contract is a contract, no?

GP

They can't. But they can say that in order to use it towards a deposit you have to send it by overnight mail.

When the FCC's first came out they were good for 5 years. The one I just bought indicates that you have to apply it to a cruise within 2 years and the actual cruise must be within 3 years.

The other thing that I noticed that they used to be fully refundable - no longer the case...

Except for some rates, like interline rates.

As printed on the back of my (3 week old) certificate:

“Not combinable with Interline, Friends and Family, and Welcome Home promotions. Additional offers and/or restricted fares may apply.”

That last line pretty much gives Carnival Carte Blanche to exclude any rates they want to.

Paid $100.00 for FCC

Received $100.00 discount toward cruise (after paying deposit)

Received $ 100.00 OBC

Used it along with ES.

Sounds good to me:D:D:D

I will purchase another one next week on the Liberty:D

Sounds good to me too! We've bought them twice and gotten the $100 OBC on both 7 day cruises.

John Heald posted something on Facebook that sounds like you may be able to do the future cruise certificate online after next week. That would nice to save the $14 it is for me to mail it.

Maybe this has been addressed, but if you purchase FCC & book a cruise on board at the same time ,can you use the $100 for deposit.

You can use it toward the deposit, but you still have to pay the regular deposit for the booking.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone been successful in applying FCC to their cruise account online yet? I have tried many times in the past week and have not been successful. I was told by a PVP to type in my name without a space and that didn't work, I also read on these boards to type just my first name on the requestor line, again, that didn't work. Just curious if anyone else has any other tips for success.

Yes it is true that they don't apply your FCC to your "deposit" but they do take $100 off what you owe and give you $100obc once you have sent it in with your booking number via certified mail. They do not accept them by phone but you do get what you paid for.

I hope they DO accept them by phone !!! I purchased one via phone.

This was after sailing the Sensation where they did not sell them. They only gave me a certificate number....Going to book our 2012 Jan. Legend cruise soon so guess i will find out.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been reading thru a lot of posts about the FCC...

do they have to be bought while onboard a cruise?

if so, when we are on board this fall, can we buy multiple certificates

and use them for 3 different cabins on the same cruise in 2012?

(family cruise I am thinking of doing with the kids)

thanks a lot

future cruise credit. you buy them for $100 when you are on your cruise, and get free onboard credit.

I have been reading thru a lot of posts about the FCC...

do they have to be bought while onboard a cruise?

if so, when we are on board this fall, can we buy multiple certificates

and use them for 3 different cabins on the same cruise in 2012?

(family cruise I am thinking of doing with the kids)

thanks a lot

Yes, they only sell them onboard (the exception being the ships that do not have them, you can call the week after your cruise to purchase them).

I bought 5 at one time and 3 the next. No limit.

they do state they cant be used toward already booked cruises ...so I cant say for sure you can use them toward a cruise in 2012. They are non transferable, so you cant buy them for someone else. You do get two friends and family certs if you book onboard ...this is only if you book the cruise onboard. (i.e. not if you buy a FCC and bring it home to use to book)

any way of finding out which ships sell them in advance..we will be on the Magic this fall for 21 days)

is there a limit to how many you can apply to a future cruise...I have read on here that several ppl. have been able to apply the FCC to alredy booked cruises, so I am crossing my fingers that will apply..but will check with my PVP when i book the family cruise)

Can't take the chance of waiting until this Oct. to book the new Breeze for 2012...the cabins I want probably wont be available and for sure not at the awesome pricing showing this week **

Yes, they only sell them onboard (the exception being the ships that do not have them, you can call the week after your cruise to purchase them).

I bought 5 at one time and 3 the next. No limit.

they do state they cant be used toward already booked cruises ...so I cant say for sure you can use them toward a cruise in 2012. They are non transferable, so you cant buy them for someone else. You do get two friends and family certs if you book onboard ...this is only if you book the cruise onboard.

(i.e. not if you buy a FCC and bring it home to use to book)

Archived