Special Military Program application form

Astro Flyer

First of all, thank you Princess for continuing this great program & for supplying an application form! :D

Since I checked the Princess Special Military Program FAQs earlier today, an application form has been added. This should make it easier to get this great benefit for eligible US, Canadian & UK veterans with application required no later than 7 days before cruise departure & that they will be handled within 7 days:

http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/faq_answer_legal/Military_Personnel_Benefit_US.pdf

Here's the link to the updated FAQ info which doesn't appear different beyond now having an application form PDF. While the FAQ statement says for active duty military, retired military & disabled military veterans, the application still shows the category for those with an honorable discharge with a minimum of 2 years or 6 months in a war zone, or an Educational Discharge if within 90 days of normal separation date (the Educational option is new). The FAQ says application must be made no later than 14 days before departure, unlike the form which says 7 days:

http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/additional_faq/military_program.jsp

...and I just faxed our info yesterday...the old way...without the form...:o

So did I!

I wish Princess would go back to posting any Princess credits (shareholder and now military) in your Circle Account. That way you can tell yourself if those credits have been posted rather than having to wait for your TA to tell you.

Thank you. I've just printed several forms for all of our upcoming cruises. It appears they no longer need to see an accompanying driver's license with the DD214.

Sorry to say "YES", you "DO", it is mentioned, just before the sending instructions, so don't forget.

It would be nice if they had s registry, for this info, so you wouldn't have to send in a form for every cruise, it would be automatic, and less work all around.

Cato

Completed Cruises !

First cruise - Coral Princess, 19 November 2008, 10 day Panama Canal, FLL to ACA

Second cruise - Coral Princess, 15 May 2009, 3 day Repositioning, Los Angeles to Vancouver.

Third cruise - Sapphire Princess, 25 November 2009? 7 day Mexican Riviera.

Fourth cruise - Golden Princes, 12 June 2010, 7 day Alaska. (Golden Anniversary Cruise)

Fifth Cruise - Island Princess, 04 October 2010, Vancouver - Los Angeles, Repositioning

Sixth cruise - Sapphire Princess, 05 January 2011, 10 day Mexican Riviera. LA to LA.

Future & Hopeful Cruises !

( Already booked )

Seventh cruise - Golden Princess, 11 May 2011, 3 day, LA to Vancouver, Repositioning

Eighth cruise - Sapphire Princess, 14 May 2011, 1 day, Vancouver to Seattle, Repositioning

Ninth cruise - Oasis of the Seas, 26 Nov. 2011, 7 day, Western Caribbean, Ft. Lauderdale Ret.

...and I just faxed our info yesterday...the old way...without the form...:o

So did I!

I did mine about ten days ago (old way of course) and I received an email within 3 days confirming the credit for our 5/5 cruise.

Sorry to say "YES"' date=' you "DO", it is mentioned, just before the sending instructions, so don't forget.

OK, maybe I'm blind. Show me where it's mentioned that a driver's license ID is needed.

I did mine about ten days ago (old way of course) and I received an email within 3 days confirming the credit for our 5/5 cruise.

OK, maybe I'm blind. Show me where it's mentioned that a driver's license ID is needed.

I must be blind, also, because I don't see anything mentioned about driver's license.

I must be blind, also, because I don't see anything mentioned about driver's license.

Obviously Donna's Dad thinks it's there. Perhaps he'll come back and explain.

I wonder if they could be reading last November's press release? Since the driver's license is no longer mentioned in their updated procedure, apparently it's no longer required.

What's the criteria for military discount? How many years did one have to serve for the discount? Thanks

For U.S. Veterans with an honorable discharge, it's a minimum of 2 years or 6 months in an active war zone.

What's the criteria for military discount? How many years did one have to serve for the discount? Thanks

The links to this info is in my original post (#1) about the new application forms & the criteria to qualify.

And something I found out recently, it is only for past active veterans, not reservists. :( Still a nice perk though. :)

I never thought it would include reservists. And yes, it's really very nice to receive this extra bonus. Especially since I didn't even know my husband when he served, and enlisting at age 18 sure has its perks now. :)

And something I found out recently, it is only for past active veterans, not reservists. :( Still a nice perk though. :)

Reservists qualify if they meet the minimum active duty requirements...2 years and/or 6 months in an active war zone.

Does anyone know for sure what the new qualifying category means...an Educational Discharge if within 90 days of normal separation date?

I'm only speculating but maybe it's for someone who is on active duty & receives an early out to go to school? During my service in the early 70s, I recall there were several programs that would qualify for an early out. :confused:

Astro Flyer, thank you for posting this, certainly clears up a lot of confusion and makes it easy for those who qualify.

We applied for ours in Feb. for our Oct. cruise and rec'd credit in short order. Our TA listed it on our booking confirmation and we also copied to take so there'll be no questions.

Many thanks to Princess for this generous bonus and all our brave military, past and present, for their dedicated service and sacrifices.

It would be nice if they had s registry' date=' for this info, so you wouldn't have to send in a form for every cruise, it would be automatic, and less work all around.[/color']

Cato

I emailed such a suggestion to Princess & they said thanks for a great suggestion & forwarded it to their webmaster. Only time will tell if it's implemented...it's a mutually beneficial idea for both Princess & for us. After the initial expense of adding this option to our Captain's Circle accounts, it would save Princess many hours of processing applications to verify eligibility. Just do it once, then take our booking info to apply it to our cruises.

It's a great program & just trying to say thanks to them by suggesting an easier way for them to manage it.

Reservists qualify if they meet the minimum active duty requirements...2 years and/or 6 months in an active war zone.

Two years count only if the two years active duty weren't for training purposes. Many reservists in the Vietnam era served active duty for training unlike today's reservists who are serving multiple tours on active duty.

Does anyone know for sure what the new qualifying category means...an Educational Discharge if within 90 days of normal separation date?

I'm only speculating but maybe it's for someone who is on active duty & receives an early out to go to school? During my service in the early 70s, I recall there were several programs that would qualify for an early out. :confused:

You are correct. Active duty could request an early out in order to start a qualified course of instruction. Two of my tours were in military personnel and I processed a number of these discharges.

Two years count only if the two years active duty weren't for training purposes. Many reservists in the Vietnam era served active duty for training unlike today's reservists who are serving multiple tours on active duty.

Very true...training or drilling didn't count...only active duty. As a Naval Air reservist, I was activated for 2 years onboard an aircraft carrier with 2 deployments to Yankee Station in the Gulf of Tonkin Yacht Club. Thus I was one of those Vietnam veterans who did qualify & I knew of others in the same situation. The airwar got hot & they needed bodies so we served our tours on active duty.

You are correct. Active duty could request an early out in order to start a qualified course of instruction. Two of my tours were in military personnel and I processed a number of these discharges.

Thanks for confirming what was meant by an Educational Discharge...I appreciate sharing your experiences.

I noticed on another recent thread about a similar subject that you & your husband are retired from the military. Thanks for protecting our freedoms & for all of the sacrifices you and your family have made for us. :D

so I am confused. When we booked with out TA she told us she needed my husbands DD214 and his drivers license. So far our credit has not shown up in our princess acct. We also got $25 from AAA for signing up for our cruise at a cruise show.

Archived