Every unbooked room?

I'd like to know if anyone knows of a website that would show TOTAL room availability for every room category. I'm not asking regarding the mathematical total of unbooked rooms but the specific rooms available, deck by deck. If my understanding is correct, Royal's website doesn't post all rooms available under "cabin selection" heading.

Thanks.

Many people want such a website.

A number of CC posters claim to know such a site (which is actually a TA website) but that website has been proven to not show all available cabins.

The simple answer is there is no such website and likely never will be, as no cruiseline (business) will ever make their entire inventory public. They don´t want to give their competitor any idea of how good / bad they are selling.

Many people want such a website.

A number of CC posters claim to know such a site (which is actually a TA website) but that website has been proven to not show all available cabins.

The simple answer is there is no such website and likely never will be, as no cruiseline (business) will ever make their entire inventory public. They don´t want to give their competitor any idea of how good / bad they are selling.

Exactly, why would a company let their competitors know anything like that.

Exactly, why would a company let their competitors know anything like that.

Most airlines will show seating charts for all their flights; one can easily see if any given flight is full ("full" in the sense of all seats assigned), empty, or anywhere in-between. What is the difference between this and the cruise lines?

Most airlines will show seating charts for all their flights; one can easily see if any given flight is full ("full" in the sense of all seats assigned), empty, or anywhere in-between. What is the difference between this and the cruise lines?

Yet, when you go to check in at 24 hours, all of a sudden, that totally full, no open seat plane has a bunch of seats open up in rows 8, 9, 10, 11, etc. When the day before the plane was showing completely full.

So I don't think that the airlines are showing the reality either. No way that suddenly, just at 24 hours, a whole bunch of people cancelled.

A seating chart actually tells you nothing about how many tickets are sold. Airline seats are not assigned like cabins.

A seating chart actually tells you nothing about how many tickets are sold. Airline seats are not assigned like cabins.

Not sure what you mean. A seating chart will show you exactly which seats have been pre-assigned. Since most people on most airlines (Southwest is the obvious exception) select their own specific seats prior to departure, the seating chart is a good proxy for how many seats have been sold on that flight.

If you go to Yahoo travel and inquire as if you are trying to book a cabin, you can see cabin availability by category. I don't know if every open cabin comes up, but it seems like a fair representation of what is available. I also use this to monitor price changes after I've made a deposit.

Not sure what you mean. A seating chart will show you exactly which seats have been pre-assigned. Since most people on most airlines (Southwest is the obvious exception) select their own specific seats prior to departure, the seating chart is a good proxy for how many seats have been sold on that flight.

Many airline seats are not assigned until check-in, so while you might see lots of unassigned seats that gives no clue as to how many tix have been sold and on the reverse the airline blocks seats on the seating chart as unavailable that are not actually assigned. I stand by my post airline seating chart is different than cabin assignment.

Yet, when you go to check in at 24 hours, all of a sudden, that totally full, no open seat plane has a bunch of seats open up in rows 8, 9, 10, 11, etc. When the day before the plane was showing completely full.

So I don't think that the airlines are showing the reality either. No way that suddenly, just at 24 hours, a whole bunch of people cancelled.

That also happens because of status upgrades. For instance with Delta, Silver members get upraded to first class 3 days up till flight time if there are seats available. That would open up coach class seats they were previously occupying.

The cruiselines do manipulate the inventory though. I'm guessing it's an attempt to sell more cabins. I've seen sailings with 10+ balconies open then the next day - poof, they're all gone. Then a few days later they will return. I guess it's to make people who are watching a sailing for price drops feel a sense of urgency to book?

Archived