Brilliance OTS Coming Back to the US

I recall reading about a size issue.

Not the St. Lawrence river but the Welland canal is too small that feeds off it is.

RAdiance class ships would go up the river to Montreal (and many that size have) without a problem. I would be more inclined to think it's the extra distance.

I've sailed (many year ago) from Montreal to Liverpool, England - no problems.

How about cruises starting or terminating in MONTREAL!? :D So far, the only major cruise line going there on a regular basis is Holland America. It would be great too see Royal Caribbean going there as well! :)

I have heard that there is a bridge in-between Quebec City and Montreal which prevents larger ships from getting all the way to Montreal. At least, that was what was explained to me by an expert in Canada/NE cruises at a conference in '09.

There is the Champlain Bridge that is 120 feet above high water. How high is the Radiance class of ships?

I'm not sure off the top of my head. However, we had a rep from New York, Boston, and Quebec talking to us who specialize in the Canada/NE cruises. The guy from Quebec is the one that said that. And, we don't see large cruise ships going to Montreal. They would if they could, as that would be a great port city.

There is the Champlain Bridge that is 120 feet above high water. How high is the Radiance class of ships?

I think the exact figure is 173' but I could be off a couple of feet. In any event it has an air draft of 170-180ft.

PS: I just checked the Sunshine Skyway Bridge clearance which is 175'. The Radiance has been sailing out of Tampa this winter, so I think the 173' figure is correct. Clearly a little too big to head up to Montreal!

:DMmm rather nice Transatlantic -

2012 DEPARTURE DATES:

Ports of Call:

Copenhagen, Denmark; Lerwick/shetland, Scotland; Klaksvik, Faroe Islands; Reykjavik, Iceland; St. John's, Newfoundland; Cape Liberty Cruise Port, New Jersey

Thank you for posting that cruise, you're always so helpful and nice. You're the perfect model of being a Host on CC

• 2 weeks later...

Liz, have you heard anymore about when we can book this TA cruise? We also want to do the Scandanavia/Russia 7 day and make this a B2B, as do friends of ours. Calls to C&A yield zilch info.

Best to you and your family. Enjoy this spring time weather! (The snow is gone, isn't it?)

Rick and Deirdra

Archived