Brilliance OTS Coming Back to the US

I was just on the Royal Caribbean site and the Brilliance is still there doing the 10 or 11 day Canada cruise. I also just got off the phone with RCI to book the cruise and they told me that the bookings will open next week.

I saw it there last night, honestly I did but no pricing. Now today, Brilliance IS NOT doing Canada/NE, no Quebec City, no Corner Brook, no 10 night cruise, and no Brilliance. Just Jewel doing the ususal 7 nighters. It was all a mistake folks

Still all there right now.

I saw it there last night, honestly I did but no pricing. Now today, Brilliance IS NOT doing Canada/NE, no Quebec City, no Corner Brook, no 10 night cruise, and no Brilliance. Just Jewel doing the ususal 7 nighters. It was all a mistake folks

Look again. They may have taken it down temporarily while they begin to load the prices but if it isn't already back, it should be shortly. I know that it was there earlier this morning but haven't checked it recently.

We were playing with the Brilliance 2012 itin's this afternoon, and for a while it would just show 2011's. No matter how many times we entered "2012", it would automatically revert to "2011". Something like that may have contributed to the above confusion. But now, and for the last several hours, it's working fine.

Rick and Deirdra

Here are itineraries I found for Brilliance on the RCI website using Ship Calendar. The Transatlantic itinerary....leaves Copenhagen 9/8 and arrives in Cape Liberty on 9/21. Then there's a gap before the Canada/New England itinerary that starts Oct 1 out of Quebec City. :confused:

08-Sep Copenhagen, Denmark 4:30 PM

09-Sep Cruising

10-Sep Lerwick/shetland, Scotland 7:00 AM 5:00 PMTendered

11-Sep Klaksvik, Faroe Islands 7:00 AM 4:00 PMDocked

12-Sep Cruising

13-Sep Reykjavik, Iceland 8:00 AM Docked

14-Sep Reykjavik, Iceland 5:00 PMDocked

15-Sep Cruising

16-Sep Cruising

17-Sep Cruising

18-Sep St. John's, Newfoundland 8:00 AM 6:00 PMDocked

19-Sep Cruising

20-Sep Cruising

21-Sep Cape Liberty Cruise Port, New Jersey 7:00 AM

01-Oct Quebec City, Quebec 4:30 PM

02-Oct Baie-comeau, Canada 11:00 AM 6:00 PMDocked

03-Oct At Sea

04-Oct Corner Brook, Newfoundland 8:00 AM 6:00 PMDocked

05-Oct At Sea

06-Oct Halifax, Nova Scotia 7:00 AM 4:00 PMDocked

07-Oct Sydney, Nova Scotia 8:00 AM 6:00 PMDocked

08-Oct St. Pierre Miquelon 7:00 AM 4:00 PMDocked

09-Oct Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island 12:00 PM 7:00 PMTendered

10-Oct At Sea

11-Oct Quebec City, Quebec 7:00 AM Docked

12-Oct Quebec City, Quebec

more interesting to me is the Serenade for summer 2012 is now blank?

Wasn't it scheduled for europe?

Did they change there mind and decide to keep her in the Caribbean?

Nevermind.... i see the transatlantic sailing.

So this leaves only the Oasis/allure and probably freedom in the Caribbean for summer 2012?

Radiance too maybe?

Here are itineraries I found for Brilliance on the RCI website using Ship Calendar. The Transatlantic itinerary....leaves Copenhagen 9/8 and arrives in Cape Liberty on 9/21. Then there's a gap before the Canada/New England itinerary that starts Oct 1 out of Quebec City. :confused:

Yesterday, they listed a 10 (or maybe 11 night) cruise from Cape Liberty to Quebec City - which is what would fill in those dates.

I wonder if Brilliance will still be operated by RCI UK? I also wonder if the seaview cafe on Brilliance will be changed back to what it once was or if it will remain as it is now? Every time someone would write a negative review about Brilliance lately, inevitably someone would explain the that it was because the ship was operated by RCI UK and say that Brilliance isn't a true example of the 'real' RCI experience. I wonder how that will fly with the folks sailing out of NJ, QC and/or San Juan?

BOTS was fine when we sailed in Feb 2011. The service was on par with other RCCL ships more or less. The Concierge was not good (being nice here) but that can be said about some others on the ships over here anyhow...

Even when she sailed in the Caribbean previously, she had a different menu in the Seaview Cafe.

I went hoping for a Cuban sandwich like on Serenade, no such luck but just the same the menu was fine.

That does seem to be a possibility and Radiance ships are certainly a better fit for the cooler (and cold weather) cruises in the Fall and winter, but i think that the fact that Explorer generally sails at or near capacity would indicate that Brilliance would have to be a complement to Explorer rather than a replacement. :)

Perhaps they will stick 2 mid size ships to increase the capacity some and have multiple routes covered at one time.

Look again. They may have taken it down temporarily while they begin to load the prices but if it isn't already back, it should be shortly. I know that it was there earlier this morning but haven't checked it recently.

Oh tytytyty for that news. I was beginning to think the IT bandit had struck again. Hope springs eternal....

Yesterday, they listed a 10 (or maybe 11 night) cruise from Cape Liberty to Quebec City - which is what would fill in those dates.

It's back today.......

21-Sep Cape Liberty Cruise Port, New Jersey 4:30 PM

22-Sep Cruising

23-Sep Portland, Maine 8:00 AM 6:00 PMDocked

24-Sep Bar Harbor, Maine 7:00 AM 4:00 PMTendered

25-Sep Saint John, New Brunswick 7:00 AM 4:00 PMDocked

26-Sep Halifax, Nova Scotia 9:00 AM 6:00 PMDocked

27-Sep Sydney, Nova Scotia 8:30 AM 5:00 PMDocked

28-Sep Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island 8:00 AM 4:00 PMTendered 29-Sep Gaspe, Canada 10:00 AM 6:00 PMTendered

30-Sep Cruising

01-Oct Quebec City, Quebec 7:00 AM

Perhaps they will stick 2 mid size ships to increase the capacity some and have multiple routes covered at one time.

That is certainly a possibility but what ship would they have to move to Cape Liberty and what itineraries might that mean they would be giving up? Even with 22 ships in the fleet, their options are limited. I personally like the smaller ships but also recognize that they lack some of the features that many people really enjoy and deploying two mid-size ships that lack a Royal Promenade and other mega ship features might not be the best solution.

I doubt that RCI would replace a 3100 passenger capacity ship with a 2100 capacity one for very long. As nice a ship as the Brilliance is, we need more capacity in New Jersey, not less. Even with the 'X' Silhouette, we still need either a larger ship here in the NorthEast or an additional ship with some different itineraries.

- Clancy

Why, less supply = higher prices for RCI, just look what they did in FL.

Why, less supply = higher prices for RCI, just look what they did in FL.

They seem to be filling Explorer already, so they can easily charge high prices that will generate more revenue and not have to turn away customers. What they did in Florida was move ships out of the Caribbean during the low season to itineraries where they can generate additional money and continue to fill their ships. Cape Liberty, especially in the winter months, is a totally different story, and reducing capacity really means reducing the number of passengers they can carry. With 1000 fewer passengers on each sailing, just consider how much they would have to raise prices just to compensate for the lost revenue.

I hear angels singing! 10 night cruises, round trip from Quebec City!

How about cruises starting or terminating in MONTREAL!? :D So far, the only major cruise line going there on a regular basis is Holland America. It would be great too see Royal Caribbean going there as well! :)

Been looking at the photo on RCCL on line of "Brilliance" on the Sept. 2012 TA from Copenhagen page. Shore doesn't look like her. Is that Enchantment?

R&D

It's not only for the Brilliance but for all their ships they put the same ship which is the Enchantment in this case. In my humble opinion they should know (and do) better.

How about cruises starting or terminating in MONTREAL!? :D So far, the only major cruise line going there on a regular basis is Holland America. It would be great too see Royal Caribbean going there as well! :)

We second that motion!!

It's not only for the Brilliance but for all their ships they put the same ship which is the Enchantment in this case. In my humble opinion they should know (and do) better.

No reason for not showing the actual ship advertised. Shouldn't someone there care? We have several nice photos of Brilliance if they need one.

Rick and Deirdra

HAL does so because the Maasdam is small enough to sail between Quebec City and Montreal. The St. Lawrence might be too shallow for larger ships to navigate between QC and Montreal.

HAL does so because the Maasdam is small enough to sail between Quebec City and Montreal. The St. Lawrence might be too shallow for larger ships to navigate between QC and Montreal.

No, it isn't too shallow. They could do it if they wanted.

Archived