Volendam dry dock. What changes?

zebra

I hear that the Volendam is currently in dry dock in Singapore. Does anyone know what changes or upgrades she will be having done???

Standard maintenance and upgrade. Volendam's last dry-dock prior to the current one was in APR-MAY 08 on Vancouver Island (Esquimalt) so she is right on target

That is not what I thought at all, I was primarlily interested in knowing if some of the lounge furniture was going to be replaced after many comments about it showing a lot of wear. I guess they will. We will be sailing her on a 37 day cruise, so I will be able to report ... although I am sure others will jump at that opportunity before me.

When we were on board September /October were told that the cabins are to be refurbished.

During that time the chairs placed at the tables in the Neptune Lounge, one at a time would vanish to be re upholstered.

That is not what I thought at all, I was primarlily interested in knowing if some of the lounge furniture was going to be replaced after many comments about it showing a lot of wear. I guess they will. We will be sailing her on a 37 day cruise, so I will be able to report ... although I am sure others will jump at that opportunity before me.

Better to leave the old furniture than replace it with the uncomfortable MIX and Showroom at Sea stuff that seems to now be the standard in the redos!

Archived