elite mini bar

robgvic

If two elites travel in teh same cabin do you get two mini bar set ups?

No matter how many elite members are booked in a stateoom, you only receive one mini bar set up (but they include two of everything in that one set up). The only time you would get two (no matter how many Elites are booked) is if you are booked in a full suite and are an Elite member in the Captain's Circle (mini suites don't apply, it must be a full suite). Elite in a full suite receive two mini bar set ups.

On a 28 day booking, which could also be booked as 2 cruises, we received a mini-bar for each segment & thus ended up with 2 setups. Others have said they had the same experience so this would be another way to get 2 setups. :D

On a 28 day booking, which could also be booked as 2 cruises, we received a mini-bar for each segment & thus ended up with 2 setups. Others have said they had the same experience so this would be another way to get 2 setups. :D

We are in a full suite for a 28 day cruise, but it only counts as one cruise. I assume only one set up?

We are in a full suite for a 28 day cruise, but it only counts as one cruise. I assume only one set up?

I'm not positive but based on my experience of having a 28 cruise which could be booked as 2 separate cruises, we received 2 minibar set ups for being Elite.

At the end of the 1st segment, practically everything was closed out & began like a new cruise...new cruise card, new internet account, folio ended (but transferred automatically to the 2nd segment). So for the most part, it was treated like 2 cruises except for shipboard credits. The amount of OBC we earned from our FCD credit was based on a 28 cruise as was my Military OBC.

As Toto said, if you get a full suite you'd get 2 minibar setups if you are Elite. I don't have a clue how that works in a suite for situations like mine. Since you'd get 2 Elite minibar setups then you may also get 2 full suite setups???? :confused:

It looks like you are on the 28 day Sapphire RT LA to Hawaii, Samoa and Tahiti cruise next year. That is a full 28 day cruise and not a combination of a back to back cruise. Unless one of you in the stateroom/suite is an Elite member in the Captain's circle, I would guess you will only receive one mini bar set up for the entire 28 days (two set ups IF at least one of you is Elite in the Captain's Circle). We sail the same intinerary this October, and will have to let you know if we receive more than our usually amount for one cruise after we return, but I would guess that isn't going to happen, by past experience. ;)

Can anyone tell me how the mini bar works, for an elite person travelling alone. I am hoping to go on a cruise, taking a mini suite. I will be paying 200% of the fare, so do I get the usual mini bar set up or only half.

June

Toto- OT, but how did you convince your DH to go on that cruise? I thought, like my DH, he wasn't fond of that many sea days in a row. Tell me your secret!

LOL, it took a lot of discussion the last few months. :) Up until a few weeks ago, we were still undecided whether we would go, or cancel before final payment date.

I reminded him I was able to book the GS suite...........which was even nicer than the suite we had on the Royal.

But what finally convinced him that this was a great idea (now you would think it was his idea from the start lol). Those flights back from Tahiti last month were real killers for both of us. We decided after we returned home that we won't fly anywhere again that the flight is over 4 hours.......it was just too difficult for us both. I swear ATN has made their seats even more narrow then they were years ago (and we haven't increased in size, at least I haven't, since our last PPT to LAX flight the year before). We boarded our second flight on SW for home, and we felt like we were flying in First in comparison, as the seat width was huge on SW compared to ATN. But the jet lag was simply awful this time for over 10 days after returning home, and we were squished like sardines for 8.5 hours on that flight so we had wrenched backs and stiff necks on top of it.

After discussing the fact that this cruise has only one flight to LA and back, he decided this might be just what he will need this fall as the weather begins to turn colder, and it might not be as bad as he originally thought it would. ;) He actually did enjoy the 5 days at sea last month more than usual, so the only stretch of sea days longer than that on this cruise is when we return from Tahiti to LA. (8 sea days in a row).

So, unless something unexpected happens here, health wise or something else, he is all for this cruise now. It just took a bit of discussion and a nasty flight home last month to convince him that this is the only way he will ever get back to Samoa or Tahiti.

Can you see the smile on my face? :p

Can anyone tell me how the mini bar works, for an elite person travelling alone. I am hoping to go on a cruise, taking a mini suite. I will be paying 200% of the fare, so do I get the usual mini bar set up or only half.

June

Even traveling solo, you will get a full mini bar set up with two of each item, since you are Elite. It will either be in your stateroom when you arrive or be delivered shortly afterwards. It is complimentary and you can trade out what you want for other things. Alcohol for alcohol or non alcoholic drinks. Non alcoholic drinks for non alcoholic drinks, or the entire bar set up for one bottle of wine.

Thank you Toto for the information. This will be my first time travelling alone. I lost my Husband in October 2010. We were booked for the South Pacafic in October 2011, but I cancelled it. Hoping to go on a cruise with friends (a couple).

June

June

The mini bar setup is per cabin, not per person. You get the whole thing all for yourself. :D

I don't usually repeat. Didn't notice Toto's prior response. Sorry.

Thanks for the information. It was as I expected. Seems thought that two elites should get two set ups. It really doesn't matter though as we seldom use all of the set up anyway. Still a nice benefit but not as great as teh free laundry on a long trip

Thanks for the information. It was as I expected. Seems thought that two elites should get two set ups. It really doesn't matter though as we seldom use all of the set up anyway. Still a nice benefit but not as great as teh free laundry on a long trip

You do realize that you can switch items to others, if you don't care for the initial setup. You can't upgrade, but you can certainly downgrade. We switch all our booze for either beer or diet coke; all soft drinks provided for diet coke. I know someone who switches everything for water.

Archived