D+ amenity and gifts ?

Is everyone now getting the extra gifts with the "welcome" package as requested, ie wine if designated? We have been getting the D+ amenity of a bottle of wine for several cruises. I always ask for it to be in the MDR. Last month on Serenade it was in the suite. The MDR maitre'd told me that these wines were no longer being delivered to the MDR. Was that a fluke or on Serenade only? I do not want to pay a corkage fee for my wine amenity!

I have read reports on this board that if you take an opened bottle of wine into the MDR, you still may be charged the corkage fee. Really need to know if this is happening fleet wide. Dawana-Glad to hear that it worked for you. I too called twice before the cruise to verify delivery to the MDR.

I have read reports on this board that if you take an opened bottle of wine into the MDR, you still may be charged the corkage fee. Really need to know if this is happening fleet wide. Dawana-Glad to hear that it worked for you. I too called twice before the cruise to verify delivery to the MDR.

We have always requested the wine from the D+ amenity be delivered to the MDR, and about 1/3 the time it's delivered to the stateroom. It even has an accompanying card saying to deliver to the MDR with our table number listed, and we still find it in the stateroom! I just bring it to the MDR (corked) with the card and tell them it was delivered to the stateroom by mistake, and have never been charged a corkage fee.

Archived