Eclipse: Glass of wine to MDR or select?? Baccio pastry, etc.pastry

Roboat

I think it's tacky as well. Would bring a glass of wine from home to a nice restaurant?

It is perfectly acceptable to Celebrity.

My favorite restaurants do not permit BYO so I would not.

BTW, I think its tacky to criticize people who ask a simple question.

are any of the coffees offered free?

:)

Mayfig,

Many months ago you placed your name on the Roll Call For the NCL Epic trans Atlantic sailing of May 7, 2011. We have not heard from you since.

Please let us know if you will be joining us or if you've cancelled. Post your reply at: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1130800

I don't think I am breaking any rule. On the X website:

"On Celebrity Cruises, with the exception of embarkation day, when Guests are permitted to bring on board with them two (2) bottles of wine (which are subject to a corkage fee), per stateroom, guests are not permitted to bring alcoholic beverages on board for consumption or any other purpose."

My interpretation is that "subject to corkage fees" would apply if I bring a bottle, ask the sommelier or wine steward to select an appropriate glass, open the wine, keep my glass full, and arrange appropriate storage of any remaining wine for consumption on another night, all of which require additional effort.

Granted, another consideration is that a bit of revenue is lost. But

do you pay a corkage fee for home-brung wine consumed in your cabin, which also results in lost revenue?

There aren't any rules prohibiting taking drinks from anywhere on the ship, whether it's your cabin or a bar, into the MDR. Plenty of times we've stopped by the martini bar to have a drink before dinner and if we weren't finished, we've just taken it with us. No problem at all.

You won't be "tacky" at all, so ignore those who would think you are.

I've never seen popcorn anywhere either.

Don't worry, and have a great cruise!

I always do the same as most here. I bring in my glass of wine that I probably got at a bar or martini lounge. So people who disagree we need to chug our cocktails before dinner that we are having in the lounges. Its tacky to carry them in. Fine we can do that and hopefully not get sick at dinner.

Let's take a break from wine to talk about popcorn for a minute. It's my all-time favorite.

Very, very occasionally I have seen it served in the Celebrity Theater (the showroom) when they have special movie screenings. Those screenings seem to be kind of "ad hoc," maybe when the cinema is too small for demand. I specifically remember the popularity of My Big Fat Greek Wedding overwhelmed the capacity of the cinema, so they showed it on a sea day in the afternoon in the "big room."

I don't know why they don't serve it more often. Everyone knows salty snacks sell more drinks. The only thing I can think of is the high flammability of popcorn-popping causes them to be a little shy about making it.

ENJOY YOUR CRUISE.

And if I might chime in on the wine thing.... Everything in moderation.

If you're looking for ways to skirt the rules to save $7 (not that you are) then ok, maybe it's tacky. If you're enjoying a beverage-- regardless of its point of origin-- and want to finish it with dinner, relax and enjoy I say.

Besides, we've got to punish X one way or another for their unacceptable lack of popcorn :D

Archived