Eclipse: Glass of wine to MDR or select?? Baccio pastry, etc.pastry

Roboat

Leaving Saturday, solo on the Eclipse! :)

I will bring 2 bottles of wine from home.

Is it OK to carry a glass of wine into the restaurant?

I like good Cafe au Lait. Is it available in Baccio's? Comments?

Must I buy a coffee to grab a free pastry?

How's the Gelato?

As I understand it, I can order a full breakfast from room service, even though I am in an inside cabin. Right? (Another cruise review site said this was available on Celebrity but only to certain classes.)

Is popcorn available anywhere?

Can you tip your cabin attendant to feed you at night while you are asleep? ;)

]Leaving Saturday, solo on the Eclipse! :)

I will bring 2 bottles of wine from home.

Is it OK to carry a glass of wine into the restaurant? Yes, Many people walk in with their glass of wine from pre dinner in the bar

I like good Cafe au Lait. Is it available in Baccio's? Comments?Yes

Must I buy a coffee to grab a free pastry? No

How's the Gelato? I like the free ice cream better.

As I understand it, I can order a full breakfast from room service, even though I am in an inside cabin. Right? (Another cruise review site said this was available on Celebrity but only to certain classes.)Yes you can. If what you want is not on the door tag write it on and usually you get it.

Remember to tip for room service.

Is popcorn available anywhere? not that I know of

Can you tip your cabin attendant to feed you at night while you are asleep? ;)You could ask!

If the glass is brought from your room, that is tacky. Bring the bottle to the MDR and pay the corkage. $25.00

oh please...give us a break! Perhaps it's tacky to you....so don't do it. It also isn't bothering you and you have no idea where the wine came from or whether it is a haut brion or a merlot out of a box.

I think the corkage fee is just greedy money grabbing on Celebrities part....they want a $25 profit on any wine because some are silly enough to pay it.

That wine might have been a free bottle provided as a gift and purchased thru celebrity or perhaps it is the bottle of red wine that I exchanged my free sparkling wine for (cc class).

The answer is...if you show up at the dining room with a glass of wine or any other drink, no one will question where it came from, nor will anyone care.

If the glass is brought from your room, that is tacky. Bring the bottle to the MDR and pay the corkage. $25.00

No, silly! I am bringing, and leaving with, the same glass. So absolutely no service is required, no extra dishes to wash, nothing to justify a corkage fee.

But thank you for your opinion. :)

oh please...give us a break! Perhaps it's tacky to you....so don't do it. It also isn't bothering you and you have no idea where the wine came from or whether it is a haut brion or a merlot out of a box.

I think the corkage fee is just greedy money grabbing on Celebrities part....they want a $25 profit on any wine because some are silly enough to pay it.

That wine might have been a free bottle provided as a gift and purchased thru celebrity or perhaps it is the bottle of red wine that I exchanged my free sparkling wine for (cc class).

The answer is...if you show up at the dining room with a glass of wine or any other drink, no one will question where it came from, nor will anyone care.

Thanks, ghstudio. I'm with you on this one. :)

Leave her alone...she is also traveling solo and paying double occupancy...which means her cruise fare is roughly double that of another passenger in her room category.....

Her walking into the dining room with a glass of wine is not going to kill Celebrity.

It is expensive enough traveling solo.....I'm sure she will by plenty of wine when her two bottles run out......

No, silly! I am bringing, and leaving with, the same glass. So absolutely no service is required, no extra dishes to wash, nothing to justify a corkage fee.

But thank you for your opinion. :)

You don't have to walk out of the dining room with the glass. Your cabin steward will replace it just as he/she would if you had wine on your balcony. Just leave it on the table.

I've taken a glass of wine into the MDR and its just fine. In fact, a few times, the Matre di took the wine glass and gave it to a waiter to carry for me! Nice touch. I'll let the other posters argue over what the source of the wine should and shouldn't be.

A tattletale on me: was at the elite lounge happy hr (nice benefit for loyalty program) which was closing at 6:00pm just before dinner. Waiter asked me if I wanted topoff of my wine, and I told him no since I was leaving (no suppose to take drinks out), but he shrugged and gave me a glass, which i took to the MDR. I broke the rules, not him, but thought it was a nice touch - enjoy, follow the guildelines, but don't make it a 'you committed a sin' type approach to cruising! But of course, I'll complain about those that break the 'rules' I think are important, now won't I? I'm allowed to...I'm human and on cruise!

Love the specialty coffees at Baccio's, and the pastries were for the taking. When you do order a coffee, the waitstaff will ask and bring any pastry also.

The Gelato's are fantastic. Loved them. And for popcorn...didn't think Celebrity had popcorn until I saw a crewperson with a box. It was avail, I think, at Baccio's..I forget. Loved the free icecream also.

Concierge and 'above' have full breakfast menu's as doorhangers, but as stated before, you can just write-in what you want on the standard SR breakfast cards. Loved the breakfast Parfait.

And don't miss Bistro at 5 right across from Baccio's. At first, it was a low-use restaurant, but 'the word' is out and it is more popular: crepes (and dessert types), salads and pannini sandwiches, with wine and good beers. $5pp mainly for tips. Its open on sailaway day and a great place to eat instead of the Buffet which can get crowded on imbarkation. Open 20hrs a day. Nice light eating.

enjoy! you'll find your own favorite spots I'm sure.

Den

Three ways to order room service breakfast: hang tag found in the information booklet - write anything you want on it, make sure to include things like butter and coffee sweetner if needed, but you need to pick the time for delivery the night before - or - call room service in the morning - or - use the interactive TV in the morning (not sure if you can use the TV the night before to place your order). With the interactive TV there is no option to add something not on the menu, so be sure to check it out in advance to make sure that what you want is on it. Expect a call a couple of minutes in advance announcing the food delivery - so you won't be surprised by a knock on the door if you oversleep. Have a great cruise!

Oh lucky you!

We were on Eclipse last summer, cafe al bacio was my favourite place, I like an Americano, but my husband got a taste for a latte whilst on board.

The pastries are fabulous, especially liked the mini fruit tarts and the savoury croissants.

Take a glass of wine to the MDR and someone will carry it for you, that was so nice, shame I can't train my children!

Can't help with the other questions , hope you have a lovely time.

I think it's tacky as well. Would bring a glass of wine from home to a nice restaurant?

Leave her alone...she is also traveling solo and paying double occupancy...which means her cruise fare is roughly double that of another passenger in her room category.....

Her walking into the dining room with a glass of wine is not going to kill Celebrity.

It is expensive enough traveling solo.....I'm sure she will by plenty of wine when her two bottles run out......

What does paying the agreed upon cruise fare have to do with breaking the rule of bringing wine from your cabin into the dining room? Pay the corkage fee like you would do at any nice restaurant at home.

What does paying the agreed upon cruise fare have to do with breaking the rule of bringing wine from your cabin into the dining room? Pay the corkage fee like you would do at any nice restaurant at home.

I don't think I am breaking any rule. On the X website:

"On Celebrity Cruises, with the exception of embarkation day, when Guests are permitted to bring on board with them two (2) bottles of wine (which are subject to a corkage fee), per stateroom, guests are not permitted to bring alcoholic beverages on board for consumption or any other purpose."

My interpretation is that "subject to corkage fees" would apply if I bring a bottle, ask the sommelier or wine steward to select an appropriate glass, open the wine, keep my glass full, and arrange appropriate storage of any remaining wine for consumption on another night, all of which require additional effort.

Granted, another consideration is that a bit of revenue is lost. But

do you pay a corkage fee for home-brung wine consumed in your cabin, which also results in lost revenue?

are any of the coffees offered free?

:)

No free coffees at Cafe al Bacio (but their coffees are quite tasty if you are a coffee aficionado). There is free coffee in the main dining room, specialty restaurants, buffet area, room service and some bars/lounges (though there is a charge for espresso based drinks unless you are in a suite and have your butler deliver it or are attending an Elite Crown & Anchor Society event where espresso based coffees are served).

Many people bring their(bar) pre-dinner drinks to Blu /MDR-not a problem not tacky

Wine rec as a gift via X website can be taken to Blu/MDR and opened Without Corkage

Enjoy your trip

Carole

I think it's tacky as well. Would bring a glass of wine from home to a nice restaurant?

The wine glasses the room stewards provide are the same wine glasses used in the various bars, which are the same glasses used in the MDR. How would you even know if a person carrying in their drink got it from a bar, or from their room? I for one cannot chug a cocktail before dinner, and often bring it with me to the dining room to finish while I wait for the sommelier to bring our wine. If you think it's tacky for me to do so, well, that's just too bad for you!

What rule would they be breaking? The corkage fee is for a bottle, not a glass. People bring unfinished wine all the time.

That's not tacky. Bringing a glass of wine is considered QUITE NORMAL.

"TACKY" IS BRINGING A BOX OF FRANZIA WHITE ZINFANDEL TO THE MDR AND ASKING THEM TO CHILL IT FOR YOU.:eek::p

That's not tacky. Bringing a glass of wine is considered QUITE NORMAL.

"TACKY" IS BRINGING A BOX OF FRANZIA WHITE ZINFANDEL TO THE MDR AND ASKING THEM TO CHILL IT FOR YOU.:eek::p

Even more tacky would be bringing a bottle of Mad Dog 20/20. :D:p:D:p

Even more tacky would be bringing a bottle of Mad Dog 20/20. :D:p:D:p

As I understand it, if you are on a cruise in the Caribbean, the Orange flavored Mad Dog is socially acceptable.:rolleyes:

But remember, only 2 bottles of MD20/20 per cabin.;)

Three ways to order room service breakfast: hang tag found in the information booklet - write anything you want on it, make sure to include things like butter and coffee sweetner if needed, but you need to pick the time for delivery the night before - or - call room service in the morning - or - use the interactive TV in the morning (not sure if you can use the TV the night before to place your order). With the interactive TV there is no option to add something not on the menu, so be sure to check it out in advance to make sure that what you want is on it. Expect a call a couple of minutes in advance announcing the food delivery - so you won't be surprised by a knock on the door if you oversleep. Have a great cruise!

MLevine, yes you can use the interactive tv the night before to place your order. We just used this service on the Solstice (27 Mar 11-3 Apr 11).

Linda

Archived