Can OBC be used for an upgrade?

crusing48/51

We are booked in category 8E using ES rates. Have gotten OBC of $60, due to price reductions. I have noticed that an 8K has become available, and would like to upgrade to that cabin. My question is can I use the $60 of OBC that I have towards the upgrade, or will Carnival charge me the whole price difference to go from 8E to 8K? In other words, can I use the $60 and only be charged $20, or will I have to pay the whole $80 to upgrade the room?

We are sailing the Legend, if that helps. Thank you for any information!

We are booked in category 8E using ES rates. Have gotten OBC of $60, due to price reductions. I have noticed that an 8K has become available, and would like to upgrade to that cabin. My question is can I use the $60 of OBC that I have towards the upgrade, or will Carnival charge me the whole price difference to go from 8E to 8K? In other words, can I use the $60 and only be charged $20, or will I have to pay the whole $80 to upgrade the room?

We are sailing the Legend, if that helps. Thank you for any information!

it would make sense to me that you could use the OBC towards the upgrade...all you can do is call and ask!!

Here is what I found out. I called Carnival, and the person I spoke with told me to fill out the ES price protection form and send it in. I just did that, and now I'm waiting for the response from Carnival to see if I can use the OBC, or if I have to pay the difference to upgrade and keep the OBC separate.

There is no hard and set rule, but some have posted they were able. I would contact my booking agent and see if they cant push it thru.

That will be my next step, if I don't get a favorable response from the ES form. I do have a PVP, but have found them to be less than helpful with previous questions. It's almost as though since I've already booked, the rest is up to me to figure out. Maybe I need a different PVP?

Archived