Unable to make Payment

zicherma

First... welcome to Cruise Critic!!

Next, wow... I've not seen that error message before! Odd...

Third... did you book directly with Carnival or through a TA? If you booked with a TA final payment has to go through him/her.

Other than that, I'm stumped!

:)

Thank you.

I booked directly through Carnival like i have done on past cruises but this is the first time i have had a problem like this.

The web site can be a bit screwy at times. Give it a bit and try again, perhaps this evening or tomorrow and see what it does. If you're still having problems feel free to email me. I know someone in Miami who can pass along the information on the problem you're having.

:)

I had that happen too and had to call to make my payment. I have no idea why it did that because I had made other payments online with no problem. The other two cabins I had did not have that problem. I booked through Carnival and do not have any special occasion date on my booking.

I have one other cabin booked neither of which has a special occasion date on them but i cant pay either one of them online. I'll give them a call later today. Thanks for all the help

Go to "My Cruise Details" on Carnival's website under the Manage My Cruise section. Look under the "My Guests" tab and choose "modify". Check to see if a special occasion is checked (Anniversary, Birthday, etc...) without a date in the box beneath it or and invalid date in the box. If a special occasion has been checked, you have to have a valid date in the box. Do this for every guest. Good luck!

The same thing happened to me...I called Carnival, and that is what had happened, it had the box checked for my birthday, and it wasn't. It probably was mixed up somehow with my sis in law, who cruised with me last year.

So, it is easy to fix.

Melanie

I am trying to make a payment for my 2/20 cruise and I keep getting the error message "Invalid Special Occasion Date". Has anybody else been having any issues making a payment?

I got that error message. Called my PVP, and she fixed my account.

I keep clicking Pending Payments (which is now Green?!?) and it just loops to the same screen. It doesn't matter if I am on my PC in compatibility Mode or not or if I am on my Mac. Hubby wanted to know the final balance... urgh:confused:

Its a common error if there is any sort of Special Occasion date or info on your booking. For awhile, folks have been reporting (and I have experienced first-hand) an anniversary data connected with your booking, just out of the blue, for no reason, and not even applicable. Really weird. You can edit it yourself or call Carnival & have them fix it. Otherwise, no payment online can be made, you have to call them.

Glad to see Im not the only one experiencing problems with Carnival's website.:( Since I've updated to IE9 been having all kinds of problems. I'll keep trying till I get it working.:)

I am trying to make a payment for my 2/20 cruise and I keep getting the error message "Invalid Special Occasion Date". Has anybody else been having any issues making a payment?

Happened to me.....It's because there is a special occasion noted on your file. I had to call and it was explained to me. It happened when I tried to change my MDR seating. The guy told me what can be done is go into your file, remove the occasion (in My Guests tab), do what you want to your account and then add the special occasion back in. I told him to just remove it that way I wouldn't be bothered with it again.

So are there any advantages to having a special occasion marked? It is our anniversary cruise, but don't see why they would make it harder to make a payment without any real advantage to it to begin with!

I've had this happen too, but the issue was that 'special occasion' was marked, but did not have a date. As soon as I put the correct date in, everything worked fine.

Somehow there are accounts where the box is being checked by some flaw in the programming, and if there's no date associated with the checked box, it gives you an error message when trying to make payment. If you don't have a special occasion you want to celebrate while on board, and you've received that error message, just go in to 'modify' the guest(s) and remove the check mark.

Good luck!

Have you called Carnival directly?

DON

Archived