Do you sail CCL only? Just 4 fun.

DVC Sadie

We've sailed on several cruise lines, but have stuck with Carnival for the last few years, partly because of the usually lower pricing and for the convenience of being able to sail close to home.

However, after 9 consecutive Carnival cruises in seven years, we feel a bit "Carnivaled" out. After a less than stellar cruise on the Fascination last december, we made the choice to dig a little deeper in our pockets and branch out to other cruise lines for our upcoming cruises.

We'll be on Royal Caribbean in a month (after a 7 year hiatus), and on Princess in September (for the first time!). Can't wait for either one! :D

I've sailed on Royal Carribbean, Costa, Princess, and Carnival. I loved Costa's decor, probably the most beautiful ship I was ever on but after a week of Italian food I was ready to go home. I liked Royal Carribbean too, although I was never on Oasis/Allure, sorry, those would be too big for me. I prefer Carnival. I think the food is good, and so are the prices. I've been reading alot of negative things about Carnival lately but you can't tell me other cruise lines have cut back as well.

We are Carnival Loyalists, and do look forward to checking out other cruise lines in the near future. My bff is our travel agent, and I will need to go on a bunch of cruises with her on other lines (Princess, Costa, NCL, Celebrity, Holland American, etc) so that she can be able to market them to her clients.

We are Carnival Loyalists, and do look forward to checking out other cruise lines in the near future. My bff is our travel agent, and I will need to go on a bunch of cruises with her on other lines (Princess, Costa, NCL, Celebrity, Holland American, etc) so that she can be able to market them to her clients.

What a great job to have? I realize it must be a hardship for you to have to do all that research. LOL After you do sail on all the different cruiselines I would love to read a review to see which ones you liked the mosr.

to date, this will be my fourth cruise, and they have all been with Carnival-best deals, great ships. If another cruise line offered a comparable price, maybe I would try them, but until they do, I quite enjoy Carnival-as long as there is a working slide, and a lounge chair, vacation time is fabulous.

We've sailed on several cruise lines, but have stuck with Carnival for the last few years, partly because of the usually lower pricing and for the convenience of being able to sail close to home.

However, after 9 consecutive Carnival cruises in seven years, we feel a bit "Carnivaled" out. After a less than stellar cruise on the Fascination last december, we made the choice to dig a little deeper in our pockets and branch out to other cruise lines for our upcoming cruises.

We'll be on Royal Caribbean in a month (after a 7 year hiatus), and on Princess in September (for the first time!). Can't wait for either one! :D

Tapi, You will have a great time! I would love to read yiur comparisons when you return.:)

I have been on Carnival, Norwegian and Royal and have a Celebrity cruise booked. Personally, I would like to try as many lines as possible. I will definitly try Princess and Disney in the future. We started on Carnival and that was good for awhile. Now I find them a bit limiting when it comes to itineraries for our longer cruises, but we still book them if it fits. I also do short solo cruises in between the big ones and Carnival is out of the picture since they don't really do a reduced single supplement. I find great deals on Royal for this.

So far I prefer Royal Caribbean, but my partner loves Carnival.

Most folks know our story...our son is now 19 and has Autism. The bottom line is that he is comfortable on Carnival.

But as soon as he feels ready, I would love to try Oceania and Celebrity.

I was just curious how many people were brand specific when it comes to cruising?

IMO anyone who chooses to be brand exclusive misses out on too many opportunities that you can't get from just one brand of cruise line. Cruising is a lot more than just the Eastern/Western Caribbean or Bahamas and that is the market of the mass market lines.

Currently, as I am trying to reach platiinum. I did look outside of Carnival for a summer cruise but was led right back to Carnival because I cant find any 5 days to the Carribbean on any other line. that is fine because I will finally enjoy the perks of Platinum, but as much as I am happy with Carnival, I like new experiences so will consider sailing other lines. I still want to try a couple of bigger ships before I venture out though and my never venture out if Carnival prices are better. I am very satisfied with their product.

We have sailed DCL for the "Disney" experience, CCL and NCL for price and itinerary and we will be sailing NCL Epic for the "Epic" experience. It all depends on what we are looking for during that specific vacation...budget minded or experience minded. We have vacationed both land and sea for both the experience and with the budget in mind.

With kids, either Carnival or RCI, depending on itinerary and price. I probably would not go on either line without kids.

Without kids, Princess. We would do Celebrity. But Princess makes it too easy (no money down until final payment is due with FCC and much better itineraries). Would love to try Azamara.

IMO anyone who chooses to be brand exclusive misses out on too many opportunities that you can't get from just one brand of cruise line. Cruising is a lot more than just the Eastern/Western Caribbean or Bahamas and that is the market of the mass market lines.

I happen to agree with you and was just curious about other peoples cruising habits.

Archived