Travel Mugs At Specialty Coffee Shop Onboard

geaux_aces

DW and I are trying to remember something and can't seem to. We were on the Triumph last year and seem to remember seeing a Carnival travel mug being sold at the specialty coffee shop. We didn't see it until around day 3 of our 5 day cruise and I can remember thinking that it would be a good deal if we had seen it on day one. Because of this memory I feel like they were offering the cup (which I suppose came with coffee) and maybe a discount on refills or something like that. I could be (and probably am) totally off. Isn't it funny how our memories fade and we can create something that may not have been there?

Any help?

DW and I are trying to remember something and can't seem to. We were on the Triumph last year and seem to remember seeing a Carnival travel mug being sold at the specialty coffee shop. We didn't see it until around day 3 of our 5 day cruise and I can remember thinking that it would be a good deal if we had seen it on day one. Because of this memory I feel like they were offering the cup (which I suppose came with coffee) and maybe a discount on refills or something like that. I could be (and probably am) totally off. Isn't it funny how our memories fade and we can create something that may not have been there?

Any help?

My hubby usually buys the specialty coffees and got a mug from them nice stainless and green with Carnival on it.. very nice mug.. only problem I dont like about it for here at home it doesn't fit under our Kuerig:D

We bought two of the stainless and green coffee mugs, and absolutely love them. Hubby takes his to work everymonring, and I take mine on long road trips.

I'm hoping for a free refill when I get on board again. Maybe:rolleyes:

i just packed mine not 5 mins. ago for our triumph cruise in 21 days. we take it to the mdr in am and have them fill it before leaving. use it at noon on lido for our beverage.

My hubby usually buys the specialty coffees and got a mug from them nice stainless and green with Carnival on it.. very nice mug.. only problem I dont like about it for here at home it doesn't fit under our Kuerig:D

We have that problem also, but just brew into another mug and then pour it into the taller mug. Gotta love that Keurig though!

Any help?

just getting in on this one ....as I would like to know the answers to this question as well ....being that I am a coffeeaholic...and I know what your talking about when it comes to a fading memories......auh.... what was I here for....LOL:D:D

and I know what your talking about when it comes to a fading memories......auh.... what was I here for....LOL:D:D

And this really is the issue here. I can remember the cups (which obviously exist as others have confirmed). I seem to remember the $10 price tag begin about right. But why do I remember thinking it would be a good deal if we had seen it earlier? It would only make sense that there was some drink discount with it, but for some reason I doubt my own memory. Maybe this is an idea Carnival should look into if it really doesn't exist. A $10 cup that gets half price specialty coffee refills for the duration of the cruise would be awesome for those of us who are heavy coffee drinkers.

I've been on Princess where they offered a stainless mug for about $12 to $15 and it included standard brewed coffee at the coffee shop with unlimited refills. I thought it was a good deal and would definately take advantage of it should it be offered on our Carnival cruise later this year.

Does your kuerig have a removeable base? Mine does and the tall insulated mugs fit under ok once we slide it out.:)

Buying the cup only gets you the fisrt drink free at the time you buy the cup. No discounts on future drinks. Coffee cards were available on Liberty in Oct of 2009, but not available on the Miracle in Oct of 2010. I am not sure if they quit offering them fleetwide, or if they were only available on select ships in the first place. I believe the coffee card was $20 and it was for 5 drinks, not a percentage off all drinks. On the Miracle there was also a nice red color tumble just like the green one only it was for people with the soda card. I tried to buy just the cup and was told I would have to buy the soda card.

Does your kuerig have a removeable base? Mine does and the tall insulated mugs fit under ok once we slide it out.:)

Yes it does.. but the Carnival mug the green and stainless steel one does not fit under it:confused: We have a couple other tall travel mugs that just fit when the base is removed...

I just hold mine at an angle while it is filling! Use it EVERY morning!:)

Mike

Archived