hump suite SB7088 00sterdam

osterbound

thanks. sq ft numbers make it seem a lot smaller then the standard SB and an SA but some people think its larger. I just wondering if I was offered and upgrade should I take it or did I luck out and get a cool cabin ?

I got word my suite will be SB7088 on the O:)osterdam. It's a bit of an odd shape. Any one ever stayed in this on and what did you think?

We've been there and on the O at that ;) I took it after recommendations from several people on the board that love the room.

It is a bit smaller than an SA I believe (the couch was shorter), but it didn't SEEM that way at all. Instead of coming into a narrow hallway, the room is wide open. More square - so seemed more roomy as you walked in. We had fellow cc'ers down for drinks who always stay in SA and they liked it.

The verandah is bigger than a standard SA verandah and you have a neat view on both sides BUT if it's windy you get it from either side, so depending upon how much time you like to spend on your verandah it could be a factor. I found a corner I could use but no question we did not use the verandah on certain days the way I normally would have.

If an SA upsell is really cheap and you want to go for it, say yes. If you hesitate you will not get a chance to get the upsell later most likely.

However, we did enjoy the room - close to the dining room, lido, etc and not that far of a walk to the Neptune Lounge. A lot of people specifically book this room as they like it.

Hope this helps a bit;)

7088, except for the penthouses...

More floor space, great storage space, MORE natural light. Have had it and in some ships several times in the ZUIDERDAM, OOSTERDAM and NOORDAM.

You see OP, as I said, this suite has a lot of fans. :)

We recently were upgraded to this type of SB suite on the Zuiderdam Panama Canal cruise. It was the same deck as the OP's but on the starboard side of the ship. The upgrade was from Cat. SY. We found the cabin to be very roomy. It definitely felt as if it had as much room as a Cat. SA suite. It was especially nice to get all the Deluxe Suite amenities. The only downside was the balcony. Even in warmer climates, many days it was unusable due to the wind. The balcony area gets the full brunt while moving. The other thing that we did not like was that while sitting outside on the balcony we could clearly see other people on their balconies, and they could see us. It just made us feel somewhat uncomfortable - like being in a fishbowl.

I don't think I would ever choose this cabin to book, but as an upgrade, it was definitely fine.

We stayed in 7088 4 times on the Westerdam. Loved it. Twice to Alaska and Twice to the Caribbean. Yes, when it can get really windy and you cannot sit outside going to Alaska. We enjoyed the views of the glaciers from our balcony and when you got cold you could go inside. We utilized the balcony alot going to Alaska. Used it every day when in the Caribbean. Our last cruise we tried SB/7151 on the recommendation of Cheryl and Terry whom we me up with on two cruises and loved it. If and when we cruise again that is the cabin we will get again, loved the wrap around. Enjoy your cruise and don't worry, the balcony will be just fine. The room is huge and plenty of storage. Can you tell we loved it?:)

Archived