Sapphire princess: Hawaii, tahiti & samoa

poodlewamp

Looking for some opinions on a cruise my DH & I are considering doing next year. This is a 28 day cruise, the longest cruise we will have ever booked and most expensive. I was wondering if this is a newer cruise ( itinerary wise), or has anyone out there done this one before??.. If so we would really like to hear your feedback, on the ship, ports, and the length of the cruise, as there are many sea days on this one........

Any information regarding this cruise would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks so much,

B.J.

This October 2011 is the first time this 28 day sailing is being offered RT LA to Hawaii, Samoa, Western Samoa and Tahiti. We booked it within minutes of it opening up quite some time ago. I think if you are waiting for total feedback it will have to wait until some of the 200 plus CC members booked on this sailing board the ship, or return home. Since it's a new sailing, you won't get any replies as no one has taken it yet. ;) Hopefully we can supply some answers for you after we experience it. :)

Toto is right, although I would add that the Sapphire (and her twin the Diamond) are my favorite design of all the Grand Class ships. Wide promenade with teak loungers, aft elevator bays have their own foyer and don't dump into the main passage, easy access to over bridge viewing deck area. Subtle differences in many cases, but make for better onboard experiences. And she will get some upgrades in her next dry dock, too, such as the International Cafe. Great ship, IMO.

Looking for some opinions on a cruise my DH & I are considering doing next year. This is a 28 day cruise, the longest cruise we will have ever booked and most expensive. I was wondering if this is a newer cruise ( itinerary wise), or has anyone out there done this one before??.. If so we would really like to hear your feedback, on the ship, ports, and the length of the cruise, as there are many sea days on this one........

Any information regarding this cruise would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks so much,

B.J.

Though this is a totally new itinerary, part of our Sapphire cruise from Seattle to Sydney encompassed ports in Hawaii, French Polynesia and Samoa. You can find some port info here and also some Sapphire info. Sorry can't pinpoint it, so you might have to wade through things that may not interest you.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1278286&highlight=

Unless you like a lot of sea days, particularly sea days in a row, this is probably not the cruise to take. I've been to most of the ports and you'll find lots of information on the various roll calls for past and current trans-Pacific cruises. As for this particular itinerary, the number of sea days is a major factor as to whether it's for you. Some like the sea days, some get stir-crazy. :)

I'm booked on this itinerary for October 2012 as a solo and looking forward to it. I've been to Hawaii on Princess but really looking forward to all the sea days and just relaxing for 28 days. From the sounds of the previous posters I'm really looking forward to experiencing the Sapphire Princess.

This is an intriguing itinerary in that you will save $$ on airfare by not flying to Tahiti, but it still is an expensive cruise. Yes, there are 18 sea days :eek: (out of 28) and that is a LOT. Some people may love that..... others may not. The Sapphire is a great ship to be on for that long, lots to do, good food, etc, but ultimately it's up to you.

We are booked for the Oct 2011 cruise. Like everyone says you need to enjoy sea days. Only 9 (if i remember correctly) of the 28 are port days. There are 9 straight sea days from Tahiti to LA. We like sea days so no problem for us. The length is also no problem for us. we were on a 29 day B2B transatlantic/West Europe cruise we never got bored. Granted there were a whole lot more port days on that cruise.

I did a 28 day pacific crossing (solo) on the Sapphire last October - it was for me, too, the longest and most expensive cruise I had booked till then.

You might get an idea of how much I enjoyed it if I say that I was very sad that I am unable to get away this October to do the cruise itinerary you are looking at, so I consoled myself by booking a 35 day pacific islands cruise out of Sydney in April '12 - more cruise, more islands, more enjoyment! My only caveat about this longer cruise is that it's not on the Sapphire - my favorite ship!

Unless sea days drive you mad, this is such a magical itinerary, go for it! If the cost seems steep, think about how else you could ever visit all these beautiful islands and start costing out the airfares alone ...

Thanks everyone for your replies. We did not realize this was a brand new

itinerary....looking forward to reading reviews after people have done the October trip. Yes ...a lot of sea days....doesn't bother us in the least..

Thanks again

B.J.:D

Archived