Does windjammer serve same dinner every night?

has anyone ever done windjammer for dinner? What's the menu like...is it the same every night? Is it just a big buffet?

Different foods. Some, of course, stay the same, but there is variety. Several of the dishes being served in the MDR are also available in the WJ that night.

One night there were even lobster tails in the WJ when there were none in the MDR! :eek:

windjammer is an excellent buffet with a wide variety of international foods and the usual burgers, chicken etc. Right next door is Jade, the sushi and Asian buffet that is included at no extra charge. I will say that the Main Dining Room is superb and we preferred that for our evening meals, as you can order as much as you care to eat but enjoy great service without standing in lines.

windjammer is an excellent buffet with a wide variety of international foods and the usual burgers, chicken etc. Right next door is Jade, the sushi and Asian buffet that is included at no extra charge. I will say that the Main Dining Room is superb and we preferred that for our evening meals, as you can order as much as you care to eat but enjoy great service without standing in lines.

Agree the WJ is excellent and we usually prefer it to the MDR..especially at night when the lights are dimmed it's a nice atmosphere much different than breakfast or lunch, usually very quiet but have never had to "stand" inline as it isn't setup that way.. Also you can opt to eat in the Jade area that has tablecloths if you prefer...

Correct me if I am wrong....Jade is not avail on the Oasis or the Allure? I am used to Jade on the Freedom, and say Mariner classes.....but I did not see Jade on the big girls!

.....I was looking forward to Jade and was missing that excellent alternative food.

As others have stated, different choices every night.

Funny that my brother in law and I had some things from the WJ we loved and were on the hunt for them to reappear and we struck out. So yes-a variety!!!;)

One night we went to the WJ for dinner on the Jewel - my husband tried a "rolled tenderloin beef" stuffed with diced onions, bacon and pickles - WOW "roladin" (a german dish) that we make for my dad whenever he comes to visit -- who would have thought - RC even made it better than we do and in the Windjammer to boot:D

One night we went to the WJ for dinner on the Jewel - my husband tried a "rolled tenderloin beef" stuffed with diced onions, bacon and pickles - WOW "roladin" (a german dish) that we make for my dad whenever he comes to visit -- who would have thought - RC even made it better than we do and in the Windjammer to boot:D

When we were on Jewel in January I met the chef for the Windjammer who was new to the ship and she was from Germany. Probably the reason they served the rouladen. A wonderful dish, wish we had had it.

Regarding Jade: I went to Jade on the Navigator and the Liberty.

At lunch there was no Sushi. Maybe at dinner???

All I saw at Jade was Salads, Miso soup, Oriental salad (like a Lo Mein),'

Vegetables and there was some chinese style dishes. Never saw

anything like Sushi or Sashimi Would be curious if they have it at'dinner?

Regarding Jade: I went to Jade on the Navigator and the Liberty.

At lunch there was no Sushi. Maybe at dinner???

All I saw at Jade was Salads, Miso soup, Oriental salad (like a Lo Mein),'

Vegetables and there was some chinese style dishes. Never saw

anything like Sushi or Sashimi Would be curious if they have it at'dinner?

The sushi is only available at dinner time.

Archived