New Drink/Wine Prices?

Medic 5

We purchased a premium card on the second day or the cruise. The just charged for the remaining days. You just can not pick and choose days. Once you get the card--you have it for the remainder of the cruise. The just put a sticker on our sea pass card. It certainly made life easy when it came to drinking.

we've been told there's a stamp on your sea pass card to indicate the package your beverage package.

I pre-purchased the Premium package and my seapass card had PALL stamped right on it.

There is no advantage to buying the package before you board the ship. There is no set limit on the number of packages they sell, and you can buy your package immediately after boarding.

You can find Beverage Pakage information on the X website. Go to the tab at the top of the page "BEFORE CRUISING" The look at the side pane option and choose "BOOK BEVERAGE PACKAGE" You will then see all the Beverage Package Options and their respective costs.

Here is the URL: https://secure.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/bookBeveragePackages.do?pagename=book_beverage&cS=SIDENAV

Hope this info helps

Thanks to all for their comments. Doe anyone out there have an up to date list of what is on the PALL- espeically regarding wine. Still trying todecide.

Carole

Hi,

The date on this list is May 2009! I have seen a MDR list dated Mar 2010 - It looks identical to the one posted by you!

Has anyone seen a 2011 list?

Jim

The wine by the glass prices look the same as they were on my recent Millenium cruise in March. Maybe it is still current?

Hi,

The date on this list is May 2009! I have seen a MDR list dated Mar 2010 - It looks identical to the one posted by you!

Has anyone seen a 2011 list?

Jim

Here is a link to a Constellation April 2011 MDR wine list: http://lfsimon.home.comcast.net/~lfsimon/Wine-List-Constellation-MDR-April-2011.pdf

I have some other recent wine lists available too if you look at the bottom of this page of links: http://lfsimon.home.comcast.net/~lfsimon/cruiselinks.htm

There is actually one BIG benefit to buying onboard. You can get it right away. I have bought a few drink packages online, prior to my cruise and it took forever for the rooms to be ready... I did not get my drink package certificate until after we were able to go to our rooms. Now... that said, people have said they had a special card now for the Premium drink package. Do you get that at check-in if you have ordered in advance? If not, there is NO good reason to buy it ahead of time unless you really want to pay for it in advance.

The GOOD REASON to buy it in advance is the fact that the Beverage Package you selected will be "engraved" on your Sea Pass Card when you receive it at check-in. :cool:

Here is a link to a Constellation April 2011 MDR wine list: http://lfsimon.home.comcast.net/~lfsimon/Wine-List-Constellation-MDR-April-2011.pdf

I have some other recent wine lists available too if you look at the bottom of this page of links: http://lfsimon.home.comcast.net/~lfsimon/cruiselinks.htm

It is interesting that the Nickel and Nickel Pinot that others on this board have spoken highly of is missing from the April 2011 Constellation list. I was looking forward to trying that on my upcoming Constellation cruise. Oh well, I guess I will have to suffer and try some other new to me wines like the Cakebread Sauvignon Blanc. The agony. :D

I was on the Summit in March. I had purchased the classic alcohol package because I had looked at the choices on cc and decided there were enough choices. Once onboard, I found out that things had changed. There were only 3 choices, 1 white, 1 red & 1 white zin (I do not remember the brands). I wished I had known and I would have bought the premium package.

I am a little surprised that they did not allow you to upgrade to the premium for the rest of the cruise.

Based on our January/February cruises on the Eclipse, I would say the the $8 or less wine choices are limited and the $12 or less choices are good. IMO the main justification for purchasing the Premium package instead of the Classic. (maybe the martinis as well).

Awesome... thanks for the update on the sea pass cards. YAY!!! SOooo... if you already have your sea pass card, what do you get when you buy onboard? A sticker? Or do you have to go down to Guest Relations to get a new card?

Awesome... thanks for the update on the sea pass cards. YAY!!! SOooo... if you already have your sea pass card, what do you get when you buy onboard? A sticker? Or do you have to go down to Guest Relations to get a new card?

You will get a sticker if you buy onboard. If, for some reason you need to get a new sea pass (mine stopped working), make sure your drink package is on the card when you get it back. I had PALL prepreinted on my card, but it was missing on the second card. A quick trip back to guest relations fixed that though.

You will get a sticker if you buy onboard. If, for some reason you need to get a new sea pass (mine stopped working), make sure your drink package is on the card when you get it back. I had PALL prepreinted on my card, but it was missing on the second card. A quick trip back to guest relations fixed that though.

Thanks so much!

[quote name='CaroleLee']Thanks,now i can attempt the math of glass v pkg .
Carole[/QUOTE]

Many (if not most) people will come out ahead if they pay for drinks a la carte. But there is more to it than just the bottom line, in my opinion.

DH and I just returned from a wonderful cruise on Millie. We had the Premium package. It was absolutely wonderful to order whatever I wanted to drink, whenever I wanted to drink it. It's more than alcohol: bottled water for shore excursions, fancy coffee drinks, afternoon smoothies, a Coke by the pool. Many times in the past I have hesitated to buy a soda I wanted because I hated to add to my bill. Maybe I'm just too uptight, but I just could never make myself go ahead and order whatever I wanted to drink when it was on an a la carte basis.

Paying for it all up front was such a luxury. I LOVED the Premium package as did my husband. To a certain extent, that package made the entire cruise feel like we were on one of the luxury lines!:D

Archived