My TA is out of town, Questions about 10/2012

Familygoboston

I have been waiting since last summer to book Oct 2012, and of course now my TA is away in Hawaii till April 18th:eek: and it becomes available.

I have a couple of questions for anyone with some experience on this ship or as a TA themsleves...

1- will it "sell out" if I don't call right away, or have limited cabins? My DH absolutely wants a balcony. Tho I see there still seems to be cabins for the 2011 Oct cruise, so maybe it is not so urgent?

2-If I do call, then does my TA lose out, or can I assign it later?

3-if I wait will I get a better deal? Such as the OBC or free air? Also it looks like you get either the OBC or the flight... is that true, or have some got both?

I posted this as a reply on another thread, but it might be better to post here where someone with knowledge might be able to help. Any help would be appreciated!

I just booked a September 2012 PG cruise directly with PG. Then I called my TA and had it transferred to her. She gave gave me a slightly better deal and threw it travel insurance which is expensive.

I doubt it will sell out before your TA comes back from vacation but you can always book it with PG and have it transferred or you can book it and place a hold on it for 3 days before giving them a deposit. The only thing to consider is which cabin you want and how many are available in your category. I'm new to PG but I was told the less expensive ones sell out faster than the others, but I still think you have time.

Thanks for sharing your experience...I may call them the end of the week and do the 3 day hold for the cabin I want till she gets back- she's so great, I really value her help on more complex trips!

We want a balcony, so it's not one of the lowest priced cabins, and I also saw that my TA was offering some specials on these cruises for Oct 2011, so I want to take advantage of those too!

We are booked on the October 27,2012 13 day cruise-It will be our 5th anniversary. We are getting free air, and I asked my TA about OBC, and she said it is too soon for them to come out with the package.

We would love to get an upgrade like we did last time, plus some OBC. Last time we got enough OBC for my wife to buy a pearl pendant and matching earrings (choke).

The stories and pictures of our 2007 and 2009 cruises are on our website

www,stevekathytravels.com

We are booked on the October 27,2012 13 day cruise-It will be our 5th anniversary. We are getting free air, and I asked my TA about OBC, and she said it is too soon for them to come out with the package.

We would love to get an upgrade like we did last time, plus some OBC. Last time we got enough OBC for my wife to buy a pearl pendant and matching earrings (choke).

I will definitely check out your website!

I have a question for you...it's been your experience that if the price drops or a better deal (such as OBC) comes along, you can can take advantage of that? (Such as your lovely black pearls;)) One thing I was worried about is a large OBC...though we will probably do some excursions, we are not big drinkers, so a little included wine with dinner will probably be all we need. So there is a shop onboard with some jewelry? Maybe some local fine crafts or art work? I could see us doing something like that.

I worry about being able to spend a 4 figure credit! I guess I will see if that the airfare special you got is still going on. It looked like it was till June.

So there is a shop onboard with some jewelry? Maybe some local fine crafts or art work? I could see us doing something like that.

Unless the shop has changed drastically, there is a really nice selection of jewellery, black pearls specifically. I tend to go by every day, just to drool.

You will be able to use the OBC for excursions as well, if you leave some to book when you first board, instead of in advance. I don't recommend doing this for excursions that are MUSTS, but for ones that you're not sure about.

And of course you can use the OBC in the spa as well, a great use.

Unless the shop has changed drastically, there is a really nice selection of jewellery, black pearls specifically. I tend to go by every day, just to drool.

Thanks Wendy, I usually just go to drool too, but maybe I should find something to commemorate our 25th wedding anniversary;)

The Shop has an assortment of items - necessities, clothing and of course Black Pearls. After going in and drooling a number of items I finally made a jewellery purchase the last time. They also gave me 7% off the listed price.

Checked out your trip reports Steve..thanks for those! It sounds great, I can hardly wait to go! Besides being such a beautiful trip, it was so sweet to read about your beautiful love story:) Have a wonderful anniversary cruise!

Archived