Where to stay before the cruise in Ft. Lauderdale

stbonthebeach

We're leaving on the Oasis from Ft. Lauderdale. Any suggestions on where to stay the night before? We will be arriving after midnight (driving down after my DS gets out of school ~so techinically, I guess that is staying the morning of - ha! :D) . I've heard of a few hotels where you can leave your car free of charge in the hotels parking lot, and either take their shuttle or a cab to the port. Any ideas are much appreciated!!

We went the surprise route- Pricelined for 2 rooms with a very low bid for a 4 star hotel and wound up at the Renn in Ft. Lauderdale. It was very nice, especially for the ridiculously low price we paid. As a treat for the last night in town, we did book the Ritz Carlton, and that was even nicer, but paid for it. The service was impeccable.

The Marriott Marina is just on the other side of the highway, and it also overlooks the port....its a very nice hotel (there is also the marriott harbor beach but thats further and that one is right on the ocean where the marina is just that on the intercoastal there are beautiful boats docked there). There is a very good restaurant there also Seaview I believe its called and they also provide complimentary shuttle service to the beach area, which is only a few miles away. They probably also provide shuttle service to the pier but then you can just hop into a cab thats always available there and its less than a 4 minute drive. :) There is also an Embassy Suites there on the port side but I never tried that, always stood at the marriott.

We're leaving on the Oasis from Ft. Lauderdale. Any suggestions on where to stay the night before? We will be arriving after midnight (driving down after my DS gets out of school ~so techinically, I guess that is staying the morning of - ha! :D) . I've heard of a few hotels where you can leave your car free of charge in the hotels parking lot, and either take their shuttle or a cab to the port. Any ideas are much appreciated!!

There is a lot of good information on the Florida Departures board.

We recently stayed at the Hampton Inn - Plantation Fl, which is 6 miles from the cruise port.

They offer parking for your car, and shuttle to AND from the cruise terminal (some hotels only offer shuttle to the terminal, but don't pick you up).

If you stay before and after, the parking and shuttle is free. If you stay only the night before, its $25.

While they do pick you up from the terminal, you have to call them after you clear customs (and they emphasize after - they won't wait on you).

It took about 25 minutes for them to pick us up after calling them. Now it might be debatable on whether to wait the 25 minutes for the shuttle or just taking a taxi from the terminal to the hotel, so you may wish to decide which is better for you.

We liked the Comfort Inn and Suites in Dania Beach. They had free suttle service from the airport and to the cruise port, a great breakfast bar, a nice little pool area, and a convenient strip mall area across the street. It was easy to pick up a few boxes of soda to bring aboard. There's also a nice little Mexican Restaraunt there. If I was going back I'd stay there again, with out a second thought.

Archived