Full Grand Princess Dry Dock to be shown on Youtube

CruiseAdict218

Hi All

Recall a few months back I requested Princess do this, I wonder if they

read all the positive posts and thought why not.

Does not matter the main think is we get to watch, hope Princess

has this being made into a TV show as well.

yours Shogun

You guys seem to have all the answers, I LOVE IT!

My question now is: If they are taking away Skywalkers, will they be moving the Gym, or something else so we still get great Panormic Views forward, from a lounge?

That was the best thing about Skywalker's.

You guys seem to have all the answers, I LOVE IT!

My question now is: If they are taking away Skywalkers, will they be moving the Gym, or something else so we still get great Panormic Views forward, from a lounge?

That was the best thing about Skywalker's.

No they are not....I agree...I love that lounge.

Has anyone heard of plans for Golden ? Will she have the shopping cart handle removed at her next drydock ? Quite possibly she does not carry the same weight due to lighter materials as the Grand.
Skywalkers is only being removed from the Grand Princess for the reasons that another poster indicated above. No plans for the other ships with the shopping cart handle.

Hi All

Recall a few months back I requested Princess do this, I wonder if they

read all the positive posts and thought why not.

Does not matter the main think is we get to watch, hope Princess

has this being made into a TV show as well.

yours Shogun

I spoke with my friend at Princess today. To the best of his knowledge, there is no production company filming the Grand Princess' transformation. Too bad... you'd think one of the Discovery Channel properties would have filmed it. But, at least, Princess is filming it. Kudos to them!

I spoke with my friend at Princess today. To the best of his knowledge, there is no production company filming the Grand Princess' transformation. Too bad... you'd think one of the Discovery Channel properties would have filmed it. But, at least, Princess is filming it. Kudos to them!

The Discovery Channel already did this a number of years ago when Royal Caribbean did a major drydock on the Soverign of the Seas.

I will be watching. The only thing I watched on TV on my last cruise was the documentary about the drydock for one of the ships. Can't remember which it was though.

RIP Skywalkers. That is my favorite spot to hang out on board - best views at sea.

I happened to like the Skywalkers space on the Star for viewing stuff, but I do have to admit that the star deck above Skywalkers on the Crown class ships is also a very nice place (possibly even nicer) for viewing, and is a lot easier to take photos from since there's no glass in the way.

Skywalkers is only being removed from the Grand Princess for the reasons that another poster indicated above. No plans for the other ships with the shopping cart handle.

An additional reason is that they were experiencing some structural integrity problems.

We too are sorry to see it go.

For those of you that don't use Youtube be sure to click the "like" button (its on the left below the video)

By clicking the like button is makes the video more "popular" but more so it lets Princess know that people are viewing and liking the content so they will hopefully do more in the future.

Thanks so much for the link; can't wait to see more! I hope the episodes will get more detailed and the editing won't be quite so choppy -- it felt like the camera never stayed on any one thing very long (I know, I know, I can press pause. Whatever.).

And thanks to maximuus for the "like" hint. Will do.

I'm really enjoying these. I hope someone at Princess is seeing this thread and knowing how much we like that they are doing this.

As the OP said when you watch the videos click the LIKE / Thumbs Up button on the video.

Archived