Emergency Notification

wallypbear

Hi all, I got an EMERGENCY NOTIFICATION! from Princess today. At first I was hesitant to even open the email. I thought something terrible had happened. Well it wasn't terrible and certainly not an emergency. I am booked on the Crown Princess 7 day Southern Caribbean for my 50TH birthday cruise leaving November 26, 2011. Princess was notifying me of an itinerary change. Instead of stopping in Curacao the ship would divert to Bonaire. Reason given was over crowding in the port at Curacao. If this is the way Princess handles a port change notification 7 months out from sailing I shutter to think how alarming things could get for a last minute upgrade to a suite:eek: Send a Swat Team to my front door:D

Wow - an Emergency notice for a port change?!?!

We sailed the Carnival Spirit last month and didn't receive notice that we were not stopping at Mazatlan until the day before.

At any Bonaire is lovely - very laid back - great snorkeling!

Hi There,

I got a New Information E Mail it was just telling me who my CD would be,

but like you say when you first see an e mail ..................

The good thing here is Princess is looking at such things, ***** my up in

coming cruise, on port has over 10,000 passengers hitting it at the same time.

yours Shogun

It's a standard notification email designed to ensure that passengers open and read it. Yes it's overkill and they could have used "Important information regarding your upcoming cruise" but I'd bet that people wouldn't bother to open the email. I'd rather receive the notification than not.

It's a standard notification email designed to ensure that passengers open and read it. Yes it's overkill and they could have used "Important information regarding your upcoming cruise" but I'd bet that people wouldn't bother to open the email. I'd rather receive the notification than not.

Exactly! They don't want people to assume that it is a marketing message.

I recently got one of these for the one-day Sapphire repo I'm going to be doing next month. It ended up being something about needing a certain form to board the ship if I wasn't a US or Canadian citizen which could be safely ignored.

We are on the Nov 26th Crown cruise and could care less where I am going am long as I am not at work. We haven't been to Curacao or Bonaire so either port is ok with us. At least they gave us plenty of time to cancel any shore excursions that might have already been made.

Both of these ports are two of our favourites. You will really enjoy Bonaire. If you're a diver or snorkeler you'll love it!!! Some of the best in the caribbean. Certainly a strange way to inform but it did get your attention!

1060488676_9Bz7c-M.jpg

1060689190_ca8Yf-M.jpg

Did a little investigating on Cruise TT and cruisetimetables.com What I have come up with is that the only other ship scheduled for Curacao Nov 29th(little disapointed as I was looking forward to spending my birthday there) is MSC Poesia. Its still showing Crown to be there also. So the over crowding issue must be that the two ships combined carry over 6000 passengers. Maybe that's too much for Curacao infrastructure.Although I personally don't see it. Also there is only one pier for very large ships. I dont seewhy MSC would win out over Princess. They do not have as much presence in the Caribbean and noy year round. For those who really had their hearts set on Curacao the Westerdam will be doing Aruba, Curacao that week. As well as Carnival Miracle which adds Grand Turk and Dominican Republic all four ports in only 8 days. Something to think about. Took the Westerdam on the Southern route in 2007 and enjoyed it very much.Even got upgraded to an SA. One thing about Holland America you always return home well rested, relaxed, enriched and most important well fed. But nothing beats Princess's outside deck/pool space and love those sunny mini-suite balconies.

Archived