Port Canaveral- Orlando Transportation

nysingle

Hi All!

We are considering cruising on the Dream in late May. We are wondering if there is transportation that takes you there available of if we should rent a car to get there and back to the airport?

The other choice is to cruise out of Fort Lauderdale with RC.

Please share your thoughts!

Thanks.

Hi All!

We are considering cruising on the Dream in late May. We are wondering if there is transportation that takes you there available of if we should rent a car to get there and back to the airport?

Thanks.

We used Avis. Was way cheaper than cruise line transportation. Easy drive to drop off car and they have a shuttle that takes you right to the port drop off. Also rented a car on the way back. Had a few hours to kill before our flight so did a little road tripping before takeoff. Only way to go....if you dont mind doing the driving...

the drive from MCO to PC or reverse takes 45-60 minutes. All of the major rental car companies have drop off locations near the port or a little south in Cocoa Beach and they will shuttle you to the port.

Your other option, for about $20 per person each way, is a shared shuttle. Below is a list of providers who have been suggested on these boards:

www.cbshuttle.com

Cruisexpressfla

Star Trans

Cocoa Beach shuttle

TraveLynx ( www.travelynx.com )

Good luck! :)

We did not want the hassle of renting a car (drop-off/shuttles to port) and did not want to spend for CCL transport. Looked into "shared shuttles" but didn't want to possibly hang at airport/port waiting for shuttle to fill. We went with VIPLimo (Mike and Marlene). Had a towncar for $129 roundtrip. They were there waiting for us at airport/port. Offered to stop at a store on way to pre-cruise hotel for water/alcohol, etc. They give a discount to cruise critic members, which was nice.

I use Budget and years ago signed up for their fast break program so as soon as I get my bag I go directly to the kiosk in the garage and get my car, no waiting in line or anything.

Budget doesn't charge mileage for under 75 miles and that's plenty to get out to the Best Western where we stay and do some driving around for last minute things and dinner.

Hi All!

Thanks.

Check in to the Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport they have a package in which they pick you up at the airport and have shuttle to port canaveral. Good luck and have fun on your cruise

Archived