Guess on the aft Aqua cabins on 'solsticized' ships?

cpgrneyes

From the deck plans which I know are not always reliable, it looks like the aft A1 cabins will have larger verandas.

I was on the Millie a few years ago, but certainly don't remember the layout of Deck 11.

Any guesses whether those verandas will be larger than those on the port and starboard sides?

M class aft cabins are all much larger than on the sides. Don't know about them if they make them Aqua class but as of now they are the best cabins around. We just had the FV on Constellation and it was wonderful

M class aft cabins are all much larger than on the sides. Don't know about them if they make them Aqua class but as of now they are the best cabins around. We just had the FV on Constellation and it was wonderful

The Aqua aft will be totally new cabins up on deck 11. And appear same size as other AQ But the balconies do appear a smidge deeper. And I think they are given a higher AQ level and price. There are 2 AQ cabins that used to be CC that have definately have the bigger balony on deck 9.

The Aqua aft will be totally new cabins up on deck 11. And appear same size as other AQ But the balconies do appear a smidge deeper. And I think they are given a higher AQ level and price. There are 2 AQ cabins that used to be CC that have definately have the bigger balony on deck 9.

I hope you are referring to 9045 which was a CC cabin. I booked this A2 cabin for a Bermuda cruise in 2012.

I hope you are referring to 9045 which was a CC cabin. I booked this A2 cabin for a Bermuda cruise in 2012.

I was referring to 9043 and 9038. They are the balconies that look bigger to me. But I am just going by the deck plans - no actual experience. :o So we booked 9038 (to be on starboard away from port-side smoking) for Bermuda 2012. Will be interested to know for sure. Anyone???? :)

I was referring to 9043 and 9038. They are the balconies that look bigger to me. But I am just going by the deck plans - no actual experience. :o So we booked 9038 (to be on starboard away from port-side smoking) for Bermuda 2012. Will be interested to know for sure. Anyone???? :)

We were in 9038 on the Summit in March and the balcony is larger because of the angle. The cabins next to us had 2 sections of glass at the railing we had 3 sections.

Whew, glad I caught that; had my TA rebook us for 9043. I wasn't aware of any smoking problems on port side on Summit.

Glad you got the cabin you were really wanting.

I was just referring to the fact that on most of the ships the designated smoking side on any deck is the portside. So just as a precaution we booked starboard. It was not that we heard of any specific problems. :)

We were in 9043 on Summit to Bermuda last summer, and it has a larger balcony. There were no smoking problems unless you has someone on an adjacent balcony puffing away.

Glad you got the cabin you were really wanting.

I was just referring to the fact that on most of the ships the designated smoking side on any deck is the portside. So just as a precaution we booked starboard. It was not that we heard of any specific problems. :)

That was good advice, thanks. My TA changed cabin to 9038 for me!

We have booked the Aqua 1 on sunrise for this coming march, 1140, 1138 etc total of 5 booked. The aq1 will have larger balconies not as large as aft CC but larger the the old CC turning into Aqua 2 ones

Will the A1 and A2 cabins be the same size? Have you seen deck plans confirming this?

• 1 month later...

Without wishing to start a debate on the smoking policy as far as i am aware smoking is no longer allowed in any cabin or balcony only in designated areas of the ship and they do enforce the policy charging anybody cought doing so.

So it shouldn't matter which side you book

Looking at the new deck plans the biggest issue I see of the new aft facing cabins on deck 11 is they will look over the Sunset Bar and the tarp that covers it rather than being truly "aft". They put a few aft facing balcony cabins on Century a few years ago and called them Sunset Verandas and they do the same thing. Time will tell what they will look like on the M-Class ships.

Phil

We were in 9043 on Summit to Bermuda last summer, and it has a larger balcony. There were no smoking problems unless you has someone on an adjacent balcony puffing away.

was looking for you and found you here!1 We are booked on Millie for 2/13 Asia after it ihas it's re-fit and we will be doing AQ for the first time!! I know that you have had AQ several times and really love it! Can you tell me what you like about it? The rates are so low right now for this cruise for AQ I couldn't resist giving it a try! LuAnn

Archived