New Princess "Secrets"??

stroza

I agree with the two previous posters. I would not be able to stay in a cabin that smelled smokey either. We haven't had any problems. As for the beds, I find them to be very comfortable! We never order an egg crate and don't feel that the beds are too firm. But I would much rather have a too firm bed than a too soft bed. As Goldilocks says: "This one was just right"!:)

The benefits of Princess far out weigh a firm bed. They allow travel agents to discount, they have a wonderful loyalty program, you can buy future cruise credits on board which are 100% refundable. We're hooked on Princess!

Edited by 5326jan

Someone had mentioned about purchasing the robes. I will say they are nice, but "personally," i don't think they are worth $75, or that is what I seen if you wanted to purchase them. Someone mentioned that they were "plush," which to them, that might be, but for $75, I don't think they are that plush. If you have ever been on Carnival ships and had their robes, that is PLUSH!:)

I also don't think the robes are worth $75, but I did get some as a gift and use them all the time. They are a very soft - yes "plush" - made of velour/terry and super absorbant - definitely high quality. But I bought similar robes for around $25 on sale at Macy's for Christmas gifts, so I think you probably could do better. That said, I have a blue princess logo on my robe, and those I bought for $25 do not! So the question is how much are you willing to pay for that logo!

You can preorder the robes on your personilizer, if not in the cabin on your arrival, ask the room steward and he/she will get them for you.

There is a change machine in the laundry room so you do not need to take quarters - or get change at the Pursors desk. I think the cost was $1 each for washer, dryer and detergent (but it may have gone up), you might want to consider taking the 3 in 1 laundry sheets instead of using detergent.

You can take a bottle of wine pp onboard at every port.

Hope this helps and enjoy your cruise!

can`t find this option on cruise personalizer (maybe i`m not too bright) can you tell me where i can find it

can`t find this option on cruise personalizer (maybe i`m not too bright) can you tell me where i can find it

If you want a robe in your room, just log into "My Princess" select "Onboard Preferences" then just check "Robe in Cabin" Once you select your preferences they will stay selected for each cruise going forward!

thanks for info 6pack and cnd csr but tried that and doesn`t give me option of cruise preferences. maybe a uk thing or possibly because its my first princess cruise. will just ask steward when we get on. May let me do it after we`ve been on cruise

thanks again

The BT watches are a great bargin at $10 each. Just so you know, the battery is not replaceable so suggest you pull out the stem when not in use and reset when ready to use again. This will extend the life of the interior battery. These are great for gifts to friends and family members.

Actually I have quite a collection of the Bijoux Terner watches in various colors and styles. I have never run across one whose battery was NOT replaceable. You just need to pry off the back of the watch and it is usually one of the more common types of watch batteries readily available in Radio Shack and other places. There may be less common varieties of watches where the back doesn't come off but I haven't run across any of them as yet. I've replaced the batteries in lots of my BT watches that are now 5+ years old. However, it IS a good idea to extend battery life by pulling out the stem on watches that you only wear occasionally.

Just to clarify, the last 2 cruises I was on there was a drink special every night which was $2.99....so not ALL cocktails are $2.99 - just the drink special of the day!

As someone else has already mentioned, I found having an alarm clock a must - but if you have an inside room (as we often do) ensure it is backlit so you can see it! It is BLACK in the room as soon as the lights are out!

We always bring our night light and plug it in there.

What good is a night light in the bathroom when you have the bathroom door shut? We plug ours in the spare outlet behind the TV so you can find your way from the bed to the bathroom.

That option isn't available to people booking in the UK. Just ask your room steward when you meet him on the first day.

One more tip---never put your ship card in the same pocket as your cell phone. It erases the data in the magnetic strip (all three times one of us forgot!). If you forget, the purser's desk cheerfully replaces the dead card, but why wait in another line if it's avoidable?

What good is a night light in the bathroom when you have the bathroom door shut? We plug ours in the spare outlet behind the TV so you can find your way from the bed to the bathroom.

I am still trying to figure out how one plugs a nightlight into the bathroom outlet. Every Princess ship i have been on has only had those special outlets ibt he bathroom that will only accomodate an electric shaver.

Yes, still true.

Actually, the cruise contract does not mention a limit on the number of such bottles.

"Passengers agree not to bring alcoholic beverages of any kind (except wine and champagne) on board for consumption. You must surrender alcoholic beverages that are purchased duty free from the ship’s gift shop, or at ports of call, to Carrier, which will be delivered to Your stateroom on the last day of the voyage. A corkage fee of $15.00 U.S.D. per bottle (which is subject to change without notice) will be applied to wine and champagne brought aboard by You and consumed in the ship’s restaurants."

I wason the Island Princess in the Carrebean and they kept 2 bottles of liquor i brought on board, but I did bring onto the Grand a couple of bottle of bear in Olso.

Neil

This is going to sound dumb -I always take a night-light - but have

NEVER found a place to plug it in - in the bathroom - where is

that plug-in located ???

We bring a few "fake flame" tea lights and use them instead of night lights. No outlet needed.

One more tip---never put your ship card in the same pocket as your cell phone. It erases the data in the magnetic strip (all three times one of us forgot!). If you forget, the purser's desk cheerfully replaces the dead card, but why wait in another line if it's avoidable?

Or in your purse/pocket with a souvenir magnet you purchased ashore! Not that I would know anything about that...I'm just speculating! Lol! ;):p

Edited by Weluv2cruise2007

I am still trying to figure out how one plugs a nightlight into the bathroom outlet. Every Princess ship i have been on has only had those special outlets ibt he bathroom that will only accomodate an electric shaver.

You need a light with a non-polarized plug (which is what the

outlet is)

Would someone please explain to me why everyone wants to put there nightlight in the bathroom? When you close the door the cabin area is dark. Isn't the object of a nightlight to see how to find your way to the bathroom?

There is an extra wall outlet behind the TV that we use.

Would someone please explain to me why everyone wants to put there nightlight in the bathroom? When you close the door the cabin area is dark. Isn't the object of a nightlight to see how to find your way to the bathroom?

There is an extra wall outlet behind the TV that we use.

Actually we just leave the bathroom light on and hang the princess robes on the door hook and put them in the door crack a bit so the door stays ajar anbout tw inches. That is plenty of lught to see to get around, but not distracting.

Bring various sizes of ziplock baggies: snack size, sandwich size, quart size, gallon size. Especially if you're sneaking food off the ship!

Are you kidding me?!!! Sneaking food off the ship?! Now i've heard everything! :eek:

Actually we just leave the bathroom light on and hang the princess robes on the door hook and put them in the door crack a bit so the door stays ajar anbout tw inches. That is plenty of lught to see to get around, but not distracting.

That works ok unless the ship is rocking! Still doesn't answer my question for those that want to plug a night light on the bathroom.