Pricing for kids?

cruisebie

A friend told me yesterday that her Mom was taking her and her 2 kids on a cruise next year because once you paid for the first and second passenger in the cabin, the kids sailed free. Is that true? I thought the rate for the kids would be the 3/4th passenger rate but I didn't have any specific knowledge to share with her and I have never had kids with me when I sailed. She said her Mom had been on lots of cruises with Carnival and had done this in the past.

Even if Carnival is running a promotion (and they have run some family promotions) They probably are paying at least the taxes.

I have seen a lot of sailings lately where 3rd & 4th rates have been $10 per person.

:DOf course add port fees of $159 per person and government taxes of $76.34 per person and tips of $77 per person and transfers of up to $70 per person and that free child is actually at $382.34 plus airfare.

Assuming both parents are booked, kids pay 3rd and 4th PAX rates (whatever they are) and the full "Govt Fees and Taxes" per person. If a child is traveling with one adult only, the first child would pay PAX 1/2 rate and the 2nd child would pay PAX 33/4 rate. , plus full "Govt Fees & Taxes" per person. Per se, kids don't cruise for free on Canival. ken

Thanks for the information, all. That is what I thought, but didn't want to say without knowing for sure. Believe it or not, I have been wrong a time or two. :p I don't want them to be disappointed if they go to book and find out the rates are higher than they thought. But who knows? Since her Mom is footing the bill, she might have told my friend that, so she wouldn't feel bad that her Mom is laying out too much cash for the trip.

Thanks again!

On the cruise that we took our son on we booked two rooms, one for DH and I and one for our son. We were told he could bring a friend and only pay the taxes.

That is probably because a single passenger already pays 200% for the cabin minus taxes

Kids sail free on MSC.

Since we need two cabins (we have 4 kids), we end up with a 3/3 or a 2/4 ratio in the cabins. Either my husband or I have to be on each booking. So if it is him with two kids he still pays 1st and second passenger rate then the second kid gets the 3/4/5th person rate. Then we do it again for my cabin.

Archived