Suite Credits what's your opinion?

mycruz

If you paid for your wife to be in the suite, who do you think should get the double credit? Your wife who actually was in the suite or yourself who decided to take a cruise and paid for it?

When you travel on an airline, the person who is doing the traveling gets the frequent flier miles, not the person who pays for the ticket.

Your grandaughter, the person who was in the suite, gets the double credit no matter who paid for her passage.

First I just want to clear up that I am not the OP. This would never happen to me because I can't afford a full suite and bring my family along. We now book 2 lower category rooms because my children are 18 and 15.

The difference between your scenario and what happened to the OP is that in your scenario both parties are adults and don't need to be accompanied by another adult in the same room. As far as the airline frequent flyer miles go that is a joint program with the credit card company or the bank that holds the line of credit and the airlines where as Princess is a program controlled by the cruise line it's self. It's comparing apples and oranges. We have a program at work that is similar. You apply for a credit card at 30% interest and every time you use it you will be rewarded with points from the retail establishment which will accumulate and you will be rewarded with a $20 gift certificate to spend in the store. You wouldn't believe how many people sign up for this.

People can make comments like you shouldn't have brought your grandchildren but the only one who will lose is the cruise line. I have managed retail stores for the last 25yrs. I have worked for high end 5th Avenue stores as well as discounted mass merchandise stores. The business philosophy is always the same; customer satisfaction is the number one priority. Over the past 25yrs I have bitten my tongue many times with the decisions that have come from the home office. Once I had to return an item that a customer purchased from another retailer. The customer claimed that since we were located in the same mall as the other retailer one of our associates may have taken it back from another customer by mistake. This was very unlikely because the ticket from the other retailer was still on the merchandise and it wouldn't scan at our register. To add insult to injury the company issued her a $15 gift card for her trouble. Their philosophy was we just took a customer away from the competition. This is probably why I am taking this thread so personally. I have posted more than the OP.

In the cruise lines defense this exception to the rule should have been established at the time of booking. Since Princess Customer service asked the OP to resend the inquiry I think they are willing to consider the adjustment. I can't imagine them making the op go through the trouble just to upset them more.

OP I hope you get your credit and just in case you don't your thread won't die in vain. I am going to type up this scenario and use it at my next customer service meeting to see how my associates would handle this situation. If I trained them correctly their opinion will be the same as mine. Curies Critique and Princess won't be named in my scenario.

Yes, my 12 yr old grandchild that is not entitled to Captain's Circle credits since she's under 18.

I thought under-18 cruisers accumulated latent credits which

appeared when they turned 18.

So, the double credit shouldn't really be lost.

If you paid for your wife to be in the suite, who do you think should get the double credit? Your wife who actually was in the suite or yourself who decided to take a cruise and paid for it?

Trick question. The only possible answer -- the wife.

Happy wife, happy life!

I thought under-18 cruisers accumulated latent credits which

appeared when they turned 18.

So, the double credit shouldn't really be lost.

Totally correct. Those under 18 will see all of their cruise credits appear on their 18 birthday. ;)

Trick question. The only possible answer -- the wife.

Happy wife, happy life!

My wife could care less about the extra cruise credit but she would see me dead before she missed out on the complementry Mimosas at breakfest in Sabitini's

Well then, we deserve one credit each for the one night we had to spend in a regular cabin, we paid for a full suite had a problem with the suite and had to spend one day & night in a regular room. No, we do not deserve an extra credit nor you. Don't take kids next time or don't book two rooms with kids unless both are suites if you want the credits..your choice and read next time what you are getting.

It amazes me that some people get so uptight about this. As for this type of situation, been there, done that, did not get any credit (was not Princess), but I have some pretty incredible memories that I would never trade.:)

I understand rules are rules and on one hand accept and move on. On the flip side, traveling with your grandkids (or any family) should be encouraged not penalized.

As for worrying about the grandchild getting the 2 credits, come on people she not only got to stay in the suite but what about all that one on one with a grandparent! The memories are way better than a couple of credits when you turn 18.:D

I wish you the best of luck getting the other credit. Hopefully, you will be able to continue traveling and creating memories that your grandkids will always treasure.

Archived