Suite Credits what's your opinion?

mycruz

We, my companion and myself, recently sailed with my 3 grandchildren. We booked a Full Suite and an Interior Cabin right down the hall since the BB category next door wasn't available. Since all the grandkids were under 18 one of us had to be booked in the interior with 2 of the children. Princess has only given me 1 credit towards my Captains Circle benefits and I feel I am due the 2 credits that I would have received had we traveled without the grandkids.

We certainly increased the revenue for this cruise, booked bungalows, excursions and bought a ton of pictures that we don't usually don't do, our shipboard account was higher than any of our 14 day cruises!

Am I asking too much to be awarded the 2 credits? I just got off the phone with the Captain's Circle representative and I now need to state my case via email which I already did and they say I need to write an email again to Customer Relations! :confused:

The credit is based on the person or people booked in the cabin. I don't understand why you're asking for something you're not entitled to. It was your choice to book children under 18 and the rules are clear that they must be booked with an adult in the cabin. That's not Princess' fault but your choice.

While your point is fair, the logistics of overriding the normal system in these cases would be untenable. The system has to assume that people stayed in the room they are booked in to be viable, allowing multiple manual overrides would make auditing a pain and leave a system open to abuse.

Who else was booked in the suite besides your companion (I'm sure someone was to avoid a single supplement) - They would have gotten the 2 credits.

We, my companion and myself, recently sailed with my 3 grandchildren. We booked a Full Suite and an Interior Cabin right down the hall since the BB category next door wasn't available. Since all the grandkids were under 18 one of us had to be booked in the interior with 2 of the children. Princess has only given me 1 credit towards my Captains Circle benefits and I feel I am due the 2 credits that I would have received had we traveled without the grandkids.

We certainly increased the revenue for this cruise, booked bungalows, excursions and bought a ton of pictures that we don't usually don't do, our shipboard account was higher than any of our 14 day cruises!

Am I asking too much to be awarded the 2 credits? I just got off the phone with the Captain's Circle representative and I now need to state my case via email which I already did and they say I need to write an email again to Customer Relations! :confused:

While your point is fair, the logistics of overriding the normal system in these cases would be untenable. The system has to assume that people stayed in the room they are booked in to be viable, allowing multiple manual overrides would make auditing a pain and leave a system open to abuse.

Who else was booked in the suite besides your companion (I'm sure someone was to avoid a single supplement) - They would have gotten the 2 credits.

Yes, my 12 yr old grandchild that is not entitled to Captain's Circle credits since she's under 18. So I guess the lesson learned here is to not take the grandchildren and if we do, don't book a suite until the oldest is 18? Come on, a manual override is not that big a deal, and I'm sure it doesn't happen that often to where it stats to take a lot of labor hours to take care of. Just saying...... you all that have been on the boards a while and recognize me know I'm a huge Princess cheerleader and find this just a little too ticky tackey!

I agree with Pam. It was your choice to take three underage grandchildren with you, it was your choice to book an inside cabin that only entitles you to one cruise credit. If two credits were so important to you then maybe you should have booked a second suite.

Yes, my 12 yr old grandchild that is not entitled to Captain's Circle credits since she's under 18. So I guess the lesson learned here is to not take the grandchildren and if we do, don't book a suite until the oldest is 18? Come on, a manual override is not that big a deal, and I'm sure it doesn't happen that often to where it stats to take a lot of labor hours to take care of. Just saying...... you all that have been on the boards a while and recognize me know I'm a huge Princess cheerleader and find this just a little too ticky tackey!

Sorry, but they just won't do that, even if you paid for a dozen suites and stayed in a different category, you would only get one credit towards your Captain's Circle status. You must have physically been booked into that suite to get the double suite credit.

Just think, when that grandchild reaches 18, they will have those two extra credits to count towards their status in the Captain's Circle. (kids credits do add up, they just don't receive them until they turn 18). ;)

Many people cruise with family members and pay for their cabins. When I cruise with my daughter, I pay for hers. When my sister brings her sons, she pays for theirs. This is done all the time and the credits have nothing to do with how many cabins you've booked and paid for. Otherwise, there would be manual changes all over the place and possibly fights between family members as to who should get the credit. Princess is right to keep the criteria to the names of passengers booked in the cabin, not who paid for it, how much they paid, or where they slept.

Sorry, but they just won't do that, even if you paid for a dozen suites and stayed in a different category, you would only get one credit towards your Captain's Circle status. You must have physically been booked into that suite to get the double suite credit.

What is the status when you are given the opportunity to pay extra for the upgrade to a suite? I know if they upgrade you that you only get one credit but what if they give you the chance to pay to upgrade--albeit a wonderfully low price? Do you not get the second credit then either?

What is the status when you are given the opportunity to pay extra for the upgrade to a suite? I know if they upgrade you that you only get one credit but what if they give you the chance to pay to upgrade--albeit a wonderfully low price? Do you not get the second credit then either?

An upsell is very very rare on Princess, but if you pay to upgrade, then you would receive two credits towards your captain's circle. But as said, this is so rare, I think I have only heard or read about it happening once before here on CC when it comes to Princess. Princess normally doesn't do upsells. ;)

It's not as simple as it may seem. If the system allows manual updates, you need to add a user interface, audit trail, training. It adds quite a bit of expense (this is different than a batch update system that can be used for corrections)

Add in the reason Pam mentioned and it becomes a real hassle and possibly a financial expenditure of potential significance.

An upsell is very very rare on Princess, but if you pay to upgrade, then you would receive two credits towards your captain's circle. But as said, this is so rare, I think I have only heard or read about it happening once before here on CC when it comes to Princess. Princess normally doesn't do upsells. ;)

Toto---we just got one on the TA to Barcelona in May. Our Captain's Circle only shows one credit still for this cruise but we paid for an upgrade from mini-AD to VS. It was a minimal price to pay for the amenities alone. This is rare? We should get 2? If so, can we work this out with the CC host on board or must my TA do it?

Toto---we just got one on the TA to Barcelona in May. Our Captain's Circle only shows one credit still for this cruise but we paid for an upgrade from mini-AD to VS. It was a minimal price to pay for the amenities alone. This is rare? We should get 2? If so, can we work this out with the CC host on board or must my TA do it?

Well then, that makes twice I have heard or read about it, yes that is very rare, as normally Princess does not do upsells. I would have your TA check on this for you, as from what I understand, if it was not a complimentary upgrade, you should receive two cruise credits for the suite. But, with upsells being so unusual, you never know, they may not allow them if it is an upsell. It never hurts to check though, good luck! And enjoy that suite. ;)

The credit is based on the person or people booked in the cabin. I don't understand why you're asking for something you're not entitled to. It was your choice to book children under 18 and the rules are clear that they must be booked with an adult in the cabin. That's not Princess' fault but your choice.

Pam I agree with you that the rules are clear but since when has that been Princess's style. They make exceptions for other things such as allowing traditional diners to eat during anytime, turning a blind eye towards the dress code in the MDR on formal night, the alcohol policy and allowing children to swim in the adult pool. It should be quit obvious to Princess that the children did not pay for the cruise and the cruise credits should be adjusted so that the adult who actually makes the decision as to what cruise line he/she will sail with in the future is satisfied.

Pam I agree with you that the rules are clear but since when has that been Princess's style. They make exceptions for other things such as allowing traditional diners to eat during anytime, turning a blind eye towards the dress code in the MDR on formal night, the alcohol policy and allowing children to swim in the adult pool. It should be quit obvious to Princess that the children did not pay for the cruise and the cruise credits should be adjusted so that the adult who actually makes the decision as to what cruise line he/she will sail with in the future is satisfied.
Dress code, alcohol, etc. are not the same as Captain's Circle credits, which are managed by corporate, not onboard, and is based on the booking system. Deciding who can, or should, get credits could very well get into a "he said, she said" problem and probably have to be decided on a case-by-case basis, using resources and possibly, under some circumstances, inviting trouble.

Come on, a manual override is not that big a deal, and I'm sure it doesn't happen that often to where it stats to take a lot of labor hours to take care of. Just saying...... you all that have been on the boards a while and recognize me know I'm a huge Princess cheerleader and find this just a little too ticky tackey!

I agree with you. I have read threads where Bob, Carol, Ted and Alice book a cruise. Ted and Alice both purchased FCC's and offer to wife swap and book the cruise with each other’s spouse just so Bob and Carol who never sailed Princess can get the past passenger rate, the low deposit rate, and an OBC. When they get to the ship they swap back which means the sea passes have to be reissued, and the on board accounts have to be adjusted. I know this has happened quite often in the past before they changed the FCC policy. Now really how difficult would the bookkeeping be to adjust one credit from one person to another. I also just read a thread where someone booked and excursion in advanced and somehow the excursion was canceled and rebooked at a higher rate. I really think that Princess needs to step up to the plate on this one.

Well said Pam.

I have to add, I have never known the Captain's Circle to make exceptions to any rule for credits towards your status. If they do it for one, they must do it for all, and now you are talking a lot of corrections they might get requests for going back many years. A real nitemare for them....IMHO.

Heck, I wish I could have gotten double credits for all of those suites we booked before they began giving double credits (one was only a few weeks before the change), but it just isn't going to happen.

They have the Captain's Circle credit rules in concrete, and no matter how much you (Iamcruzin) don't think they are fair, that is just their rules and I wouldn't look for them to start changing them anytime soon. As Pam says, Corporate handles the Captain's Circle credits, and what goes on onboard is handled by the ship, two totally different things.

Again, sorry you thought you would get the extra suite credit even though not actually booked in the full suite, but it just doesn't work that way I am afraid. :(

We,

I just got off the phone with the Captain's Circle representative and I now need to state my case via email which I already did and they say I need to write an email again to Customer Relations! :confused:

The fact that they are asking you to restate your case tells me there is hope. Please let us know what happens.

Dress code, alcohol, etc. are not the same as Captain's Circle credits, which are managed by corporate, not onboard, and is based on the booking system. Deciding who can, or should, get credits could very well get into a "he said, she said" problem and probably have to be decided on a case-by-case basis, using resources and possibly, under some circumstances, inviting trouble.

Pam you make valid points but when it comes to customer service and satisfing a customer I don't think it is always black and white.

Well said Pam.

I have to add, I have never known the Captain's Circle to make exceptions to any rule for credits towards your status. If they do it for one, they must do it for all, and now you are talking a lot of corrections they might get requests for going back many years. A real nitemare for them....IMHO.

Heck, I wish I could have gotten double credits for all of those suites we booked before they began giving double credits (one was only a few weeks before the change), but it just isn't going to happen.

They have the Captain's Circle credit rules in concrete, and no matter how much you (Iamcruzin) don't think they are fair, that is just their rules and I wouldn't look for them to start changing them anytime soon. As Pam says, Corporate handles the Captain's Circle credits, and what goes on onboard is handled by the ship, two totally different things.

Again, sorry you thought you would get the extra suite credit even though not actually booked in the full suite, but it just doesn't work that way I am afraid. :(

Toto I agree they would have to make the exception for all but it wouldn't be a nightmare if it was discussed and planned at the time of booking. As for your past Suite sailings before the change, sorry but I don't think they should be grandfathered. Programs like these change all the time. We just need to be thankful that Princess has added to the program unlike other cruise lines that have taken things away. As far as the rules being in concrete, again when it comes to good will towards the customers rules are broken by the largest corporations all of the time. By disapointing one customer it can snowball into disapointing thousands. 307 have already viewed this thread. In this day and age it is less costly to give the OP one cruise credit than to recover from bad publicity.

Mike, I don't in any way look at this as bad publicity. I see it as them giving those actually booked in a full suite double credits, but only those booked in a full suite. Views to a thread don't mean those that viewed it agree or disagree with your arguement, just that they were curious as to what your complaint/question was.

What about someone who books two full suites and pays for them both, should they also be credited with two sets of double cruise credits, afterall, they paid for them? There is more than one way to look at this.

Personally, I totally understand Princess view on this one, if you weren't booked in the full suite, I don't feel that double credits should be received. Just my opinion of course. Good luck in your fight with Princess though. ;)

I would be curious to know of the OP, if he was not officially booked in the suite, would he have been allowed to go to Sabatinis for breakfast??? Probably not. The rules are their for a reason, to make a level playing field for all. One exception leads to another , then another, and soon everyone wants special treatment with their cruise credits.

Life isn't fair as we all know. Some people don't think their double suite credit policy is fair in the fact that you only get two credits no matter what the cruise length is. We are doing a 29 day cruise in a suite and getting two credits. Now if we did 4 back to backs in the suite, we'd get 8 credits. I'd love to get even 4 credits but that's probably not going to happen.

I would be curious to know of the OP, if he was not officially booked in the suite, would he have been allowed to go to Sabatinis for breakfast??? Probably not. The rules are their for a reason, to make a level playing field for all. One exception leads to another , then another, and soon everyone wants special treatment with their cruise credits.

I was given all suite perks while on board including breakfast at Sabatini's. Only problem the morning we were going to have breakfast there I ended up in the Medical Center. :( The next day we had to leave the bautiful Ruby.

So I guess the lesson learned here is to not take the grandchildren and if we do, don't book a suite until the oldest is 18?

Another possibility might be to book a Family Suite so you can take the grandchildren OR just bring a couple of the grandchildren and let them stay in your suite. Either way you'll be on the booking and get the 2 credits. :)

It should be quit obvious to Princess that the children did not pay for the cruise and the cruise credits should be adjusted so that the adult who actually makes the decision as to what cruise line he/she will sail with in the future is satisfied.

If you paid for your wife to be in the suite, who do you think should get the double credit? Your wife who actually was in the suite or yourself who decided to take a cruise and paid for it?

When you travel on an airline, the person who is doing the traveling gets the frequent flier miles, not the person who pays for the ticket.

Your grandaughter, the person who was in the suite, gets the double credit no matter who paid for her passage.

Another possibility might be to book a Family Suite so you can take the grandchildren OR just bring a couple of the grandchildren and let them stay in your suite. Either way you'll be on the booking and get the 2 credits. :)

Is the family suite considered a full suite? Just wondering if you get all of the perks and would everybody staying in the room get 2 cruise credits or just the first two passengers?

Archived