A Hop, NO Skip and Many Mishaps to a Disney Dream

jenseib

We opened Claires 1st.

pickapearl2.jpg

pickapearl3.jpg

pickapearl4.jpg

As soon as I saw Claire’s pearl I knew it was big. The sizes that had come before us were in the 6.5-7mm range. Claire’s was 7.5mm. (which really is a lot in pearl size) Of course the CM was all excited and made a big deal about it.

pickapearl5.jpg

Mine was next and I took another quick video. I prayed there was only one in there. If I had 2 and Claire didn’t…there probably would be crying…of course I would’ve given her my second one.

I sound really dumb in this. I was trying to sound really excited along with Claire.

th_MVI_2044.jpg

My pearl was smaller, but she said it had a nice pink tone to it. OK, sure, it looked white to me, but what do I know?

twopearls.jpg

Mine measured a 7mm. That made Claire very happy. It was important for hers to be better than mine.

We got the drums to celebrate.

drums1.jpg

drums2.jpg

claireandpearls.jpg

We got our pearls and then headed out of the store and onto a bench. We pulled out our necklaces and I went to work putting them in. Sounds like it would be easy…right? Well it wasn’t so much for Claire’s. Her pearl was big and I really had to work to get her pearl cage closed and then still get the chain through the link. Of course this made it even better in her mind.

We did get them in the cages and put them on.

pearlcagenecklace.jpg

There are a lot of gifted and creative members on CC and you are truly one of them. I thoroughly enjoyed your review and your exquisite photos. I feel like I just got off a Disney Cruise. By the way, what brand and model camera did you shoot this with? I want to rush out and purchase one asap.

There are a lot of gifted and creative members on CC and you are truly one of them. I thoroughly enjoyed your review and your exquisite photos. I feel like I just got off a Disney Cruise. By the way, what brand and model camera did you shoot this with? I want to rush out and purchase one asap.

It's not the camera. It's the person taking the pictures. :D

Thanks so much. I use a Canon 50d. I also edit in photoshop. Just basic like white balance and sharpening when needed.

It's not the camera. It's the person taking the pictures. :D

Thanks, :p but I am still learning. I have a long ways to go!

We found these topiaries and I took some more pictures.

goofytopiary.jpg

plutotopiary.jpg

donaldtopiary.jpg

And then Claire insisted on getting in on this one. You will notice she is posing like the topiaries…this become a theme for the rest of them.

minniemickytopiary.jpg

Claire was full of energy and excitement now that we did the pick a pearl and chattered a mile a minute.

We kept moving and taking pictures and getting a few passport stamps here and there when we remembered to.

america.jpg

norwayboat.jpg

And then on to Mexico. We had fast passes burning a hole in our pockets for Test Track, so the plan was to walk through Mexico quickly and head towards TT, then come back and ride the Mexico ride….well you know how plans go….

mexicantemple.jpg

And this is a bird face. LOL!

mexicanbirds.jpg

Mexicobirds.jpg

mexicoflowers.jpg

On to Test Track!

floatingflowers.jpg

strollerattt.jpg

testtracksign.jpg

Of course about 2 seconds after we got in line, Claire had to go potty. I told her we should go, and she said she would be ok as long as the ride didn’t go fast…well duh…we left the line and went to the bathroom!

We quickly made a potty stop and went back into the fast pass line.

We had a little wait, even with fast passes, but not too bad. Nothing like the Soarin’ wait was.

tt1.jpg

9bneck.jpg

11a.jpg

I think we were moving at a fairly decent pace and that’s why my pictures are so crappy…or at least I’m gonna blame it on that reason.

405.jpg

7b.jpg

01.jpg

Soon we were in our car and off to race around the track. We had a young girl in our car with us. She had said she rode the ride about 10 times in a row. She just kept going back in the single rider line and getting right back on. Claire was a little nervous. She couldn’t remember riding the ride from the last trip too much.

tt2.jpg

tt3.jpg

And here we go!

Photo2619FourBySix.jpg

After Test Track, Claire decided she wanted to ride spaceship earth one more time. We went to cut through Mousegears and Claire spotted a swirly pop and I had told her she could eventually get some sort of sucker on the trip, so now was the time.

We also started doing a little more shopping. I had realized that I still had quite a bit of money left. I guess I over budgeted (not a bad thing) and I started eyeing the Dooney and Bourke purses. At first I just kind of casually looked at them, then I started touching and feeling…and THEN I got a sales lady involved and I was hooked. I had a real hard time deciding. The ones I liked best, I wasn’t impressed with the style or texture. Well I really like the 40th anniversary ones best, but those prices were much higher. I was in there forever looking at stuff and Claire was very patient.

I went through the purses and I finally decided on this one. At first I didn’t like the pattern at all, but REALLY liked the style….but after looking a bit, the pattern grew on me and I decided on it.

400000016566.jpg

The lady went to the back for a minute and that was a bad thing. I started looking again and then found another on a top shelf that I liked as well. It was bigger…..really big actually, but I liked the pattern more. The price was only about $5 difference, so I couldn’t really decide by price. When the lady came back she laughed and we started the process all over again. We had a male CM come and look at the purses and tell me which he liked better. He liked the bigger one. I decided to ask Claire and she liked the bigger one, so that is what I got.

dooneypursewhite.jpg

dooenywhitebagback.jpg

Now WAY back to Easter, .....I ended up ordering the other one when I got home and Easter Bunny brought it to me!

dooneypursebasket.jpg

I have to say I REALLY love the big bag….so much so that I have yet to switch over to the black one yet. I think I will do it soon. I just love all the room in the big one. I can just throw stuff in it and go. I kind of use it like a tote at times.

So back to Mousegears. I bought the big white purse and then I threw my camera bag inside of it and used it right then and there. My Mom called and after I figured out how to answer her dang phone, she asked where we were. I let her know that we were going to take a spin on Spaceship Earth and then head to World Showcase for Illuminations. They had a spot in Canada already.

Claire and I got right on Spacehsip Earth and enjoyed our ride. I took no pictures that time around. I just enjoyed the ride.

When we came out, Claire found a Daisy topiary and had to have a picture.

daisytopiary.jpg

We made our way towards World Showcase.

We stopped for one last photopass.

Photo2621FourBySix.jpg

Photo2628FourBySix.jpg

Photo2640FourBySix.jpg

We could smell popcorn and it smelt soooo good. Claire wanted some, but the line was long and we were running late.

As we got closer to Canada, I pulled out the phone and tried to figure out how to dial it. I just couldn’t get it. Luckily it rang and it was Mom. She told us how to get to them and soon we found them. They did have an excellent spot for viewing.

The spot they chose was not crowded at all. I knelt along the railing so anyone behind us could see and also to use the railing to steady my camera.

ws1.jpg

ws2.jpg

ws3.jpg

ws4.jpg

I haven’t seen the show since 1999. It’s very different than from what I remember. It was awesome, I must say.

illumi1.jpg

Archived