All things Reflections

Penney80

• 4 weeks later...
This is not a bump

I imagine we are still a couple of months away from the laying of the first block in the drydock so I don't suspect this tread will be as active as the 'Everything Silhouette' thread until Jan. 2012. We are still well over a year away from her floatout and inaugural (Fall 2012).

More info from "dmwnc1959" from the Everything Silhouette" thread.

Even though general steel cutting has already begun on the Celebrity Reflection I imagine we are still a couple of months away from the laying of the first block in the drydock? Seems like it was roughly 2-1/2 months between the floatback of the Disney Dream and the Celebrity Silhouette getting her first block ceremony. Looking at the MererWerft webcam we are still some time away from the Disney Fantasy being repositioned in the dock to allow the actual building of Celebrity Reflection to begin, and we are well over a year until her inaugural.

Since I imagine a lot of the features will be the same on both Celebrity Silhouette and Celebrity Reflection aside from some obvious differences (like the extra deck, etc) the 'Everything Reflection' thread will probably not be anywhere as active of the 'Everything Silhouette' thread until next year.

HAHAHAheheheheh - Brenda and Ken, I was wondering why you wanted to watch my progress as I became a reality!! As far as I am aware, I am real already!!! Thanks for making me smile today!!!:)

Can't wait till December 5th when we can actually board Reflection and see what she is like!

Hi

I am so glad to see something going on on this thread! The only news I hear is what I read on CC. I did want to E-mail Meyerwerft to find out when the Disney ship would go out so we could watch the Reflection being built but I don't have e-mail on this computer. I appreciate everyone helping to keep this alive!

Joann and Bob

• 2 weeks later...
I wonder what the Hideaway is going to look like. I cannot wait to sail on her.

There are pics around of the Hideaway for Silho (see everything Silho thread)--maybe it will be the same for Reflection.. looks like birds nests or cocoons to me,., would prefer soft lounge chairs...but a quite place to read is a welcome addition!

We're booked for the Dec 5, 2012 trip--just a short one to have the experience and see if the extra pax will make it more crowded than the other S class ships--esp in BLU

Hi all, finally booked Reflection 5th January 2013. Decided on Celebrity Suite 1122 in the hope the balcony is larger - our UK Celebrity site has yet not updated deck plan so the link for Reflection only shows the traditional Solstice deck plans. Looking forward to following the progress in Germany!!! And a few days in Miami as well.:D

• 1 month later...

Seriously considering cancelling my 14-night B2B on the Grand Princess to book the 7-night Eastern Caribbean Inaugural and combine it with the 3-night Bahamas to make 10-nights. The Grand Princess is really inexpensive and I wonder if it would be worth it to reduce a 17-night total cruise vacation to just 10-nights for the same price?

• 4 weeks later...

derf5585

Thanks for the updates I am not on Youtube but really appreciate the help you are giving me to help this thread going. Do you know when the web cam will start showing Reflections? I only learn the new from Cruise Critic read it everyday and go to the Roll Call the same. Thanks again.

Joann and Bob

derf5585

Thanks for the updates I am not on Youtube but really appreciate the help you are giving me to help this thread going. Do you know when the web cam will start showing Reflections? I only learn the new from Cruise Critic read it everyday and go to the Roll Call the same. Thanks again.

Joann and Bob

Kiellegung S 691 Celebrity Cruises

from

http://www.meyerwerft.de/brawur.asp?lang=e&main=3&subs=0&did=1498

About 5 pictures

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone want to speculate on the AquaClass Suites? Will they be just like the S2 Sky Suites? Though I've booked one, am not sure if the extra 50 square feet is worth such a big uptick in price. Elbow room is nice but it doesn't seem to offer add'l seating area over the regular AquaClass Stateroom. Having trouble justifying it...

• 4 weeks later...
we're going on the 11/4/12 sailing to celebrate DH's big 70. We thought of the inaugural but decided to wait for a few sailings to let them get the gltiches out. We're excited even though we've been to all the ports but 2 multiple times!!!! I hate that we're embarking in Venice. While I love the city, it's a royal pain in the - - - to shlep luggage etc. We have some moblity issues and dragging luggage on the waterbus, train or even water taxi is not my idea of fun after a long plane flight. Last time we had to do it, I found a hotel on the mainland side that had a free shuttle from the airport and then to the cruise terminal. I can't remember the name. Does anyone know the hotel or a similar one?:)

PS- I can't believe how quickly the ship is filling up. All the cabins I wanted are already taken:(

Hi,

We are also on this sailing :) are you on the roll call? I'll look for you there. If you find the name of that hotel please post, I'll start looking for them pretty soon as well:) We have friends in Milan I'll check with them for referals.

Hi,

We are also on this sailing :) are you on the roll call? I'll look for you there. If you find the name of that hotel please post, I'll start looking for them pretty soon as well:) We have friends in Milan I'll check with them for referals.

I am a derf

I see you like new ships

First the Silhouette and then the Reflection

Archived