Repeaters Parties, Farewell Parties, Members Parties - on board

GRANNYOFSIX

Just completed our 21st cruise - it was a Member's Cruise. We were invited to 2 parties (Repeaters and Member's)..........we noticed that only champagne was being served, not the usual wine, mixed drinks, etc.......has anyone else experienced the same thing? We sailed only 6 months ago on the SAME ship and the drinks served during those cruise parties were quality "normal" drinks.........wondering if other guests are finding the same thing on their cruise.

Each cruise line has it's own ideas for repeat customer benefits, so I am not sure if you are asking for a comparison of lines, or a comment on a given line's parties. If you want to know about a particular cruise line, I would post on that line's board.

It is helpful if you tell us the cruise line, and where appropriate, the ship.

Thanks for your response Bruce. I didn't want to mention the cruise line because I'm really happy with them other than the party issue. It was just ironic to me that we sailed on the same ship just 6 months prior and the drinks served at those parties were delicious with different drink options (for free). It's not a real big deal, but we definitely noticed the difference and thought it "cheapened" the cruise a bit..........

We do not go to repeater's parties because they are usually group gropes with either cheap champagne or watered down drinks. If you do the math on Princess, they have 16 ships, averaging 2000 passengers each, that is 32,000 per sailing. If each cruise averages 12 days, that is 30 cruises per year per ship, giving 960,000 passengers per year!!

That makes for a lot of repeaters!

For some reason we were invited to a most traveled luncheon on our cruise on the Star Princess last year, and we did not have that many cruises with Princess. We really enjoyed it.

Thanks for your response Bruce. I didn't want to mention the cruise line because I'm really happy with them other than the party issue. It was just ironic to me that we sailed on the same ship just 6 months prior and the drinks served at those parties were delicious with different drink options (for free). It's not a real big deal, but we definitely noticed the difference and thought it "cheapened" the cruise a bit..........

This variety is quality in frequently due to either variations in Hotel Managers, or budgets available to the Hotel Managers.

Again, I would discuss this on the board for the appropriate cruise line. You aren't going to get in trouble.

We just returned from an RCCL cruise. At the repeater's party they had champagne, wine and a martini bar, along with finger foods. I think it depends on the number of repeaters, budget, etc. We've never been to one with a martini bar and it was a much appreciated, nice touch.

Hi Bruce.......I realize I won't "get in trouble" mentioning the cruise line or ship, I just decided not to put that info in my question. I was just trying to hear about repeaters parties in general. I think the cruise lines have to be economical as we all do. As long as the quality of the food and entertainment remains the same, we will be happy..........

Hi SJGOCH.......I do agree......this past cruise seemed to have a million repeaters!!! I remember when the repeaters party was very special and we were made to feel special and just a few handful of people were there......those days are definitely gone!

Archived