Elation- Deck Level

fraz0132

Getting ready to book on the Elation for July 9. Planning on booking an OV cabin. Rivera, Main, Empress, or Upper? Also, any other advice on the ship and/or ports. It stops at Grand Cayman, Montego Bay and Cozumel. Thanks for your help :)

Oh and we are planning on driving to Mobile because flight prices are just awful. Any suggestions on parking/hotels? If you park at the port what are the fees?

For me it would be Upper Deck midships... affords a slightly better view. If you're prone to motion sickness then opt for the Riviera Deck... lower means less motion.

Grand Cayman... Stingray City... no doubt.

In MoBay I hang out at Margaritaville... the best of the bunch and you can walk down the street to Doctor's Cave Bay.. beautiful beach... costs five bucks to get in.

For my money the best spot on Coz for the day is Nachi Cocom... google it... fantastic!!!

:)

We stayed on the Empress level which was nice. The only thing with the OV cabins on

Elation is the box in the corner which makes you crawl over the bed to see out the window. May be if you had a twin bed set up it would be better than the double bed. The parking is $15/day. Be sure to have your boarding pass in hand or they will not let you into the parking garage.

I would stay on any of those decks. Empress is the same deck as purser's desk so convenient but how often do you need to go there?

Im just as happy on any deck. I was on Upper last time, this time I have a OV down on Riveria. Riveria is more elevator time.

The favorite hotel is Microtel, for about $129 you can get the cruise parking and shuttle to and from the port.

Im doing Mobile Bay Adventure Inn, which has pretty bad reviews, but seemed fine to me in Feb, came back and it was in bankruptcy. I have been trying to get a hard copy of my booking for May 1st. 2 weeks. $59.99 plus $5 a day for parking during your cruise.

Parking at the port is $15 a day someone told me.

Here is a link to other cruise specials. .. but Id say Microtel in Saraland is the favorite and has great reviews.

http://www.mobile.org/packages.php

I get sea sick easily, so we always book on OV room on the Main or Riveria Deck. We cruised on the Elation last May and parking was an absolute nightmare...we weren't even able to park at the pier! We are cruising on the Elation again this May and are staying at the Microtel in Saraland. We opted to go for thier Park and Cruise option. I belive it will cost us about $120 to stay for one night and to leave our car there for the duration of the cruise.

Getting ready to book on the Elation for July 9. Planning on booking an OV cabin. Rivera, Main, Empress, or Upper? Also, any other advice on the ship and/or ports. It stops at Grand Cayman, Montego Bay and Cozumel. Thanks for your help :)

Oh and we are planning on driving to Mobile because flight prices are just awful. Any suggestions on parking/hotels? If you park at the port what are the fees?

We just travelled on the Elation in March for a 5 day cruise. I think you have the order of the cabin decks slightly skewed. The Upper deck is between Main and Empress. We stayed in the Upper deck (deck 6), and it's has cabins both below and above it, so the cabin was relatively quiet. We stayed away from the Empress deck (deck 7) because the Atlantic deck (deck 8), with all the restaurants, galley, and show room, was above it.

The only port we had in common with yours is Cozumel. There's so much to do there, that I won't have anything to add here. However we did enjoy our Jeep Adventure thru Island Marketing, and you can find a review I just wrote in the Cozumel Port of Call board.

We also drove to Mobile and did a Park & Cruise package at the Marriott Renaissance Hotel, attached to the convention center a few blocks away from the port. It was a very nice room in a gorgeous hotel.:D We were on the 23rd floor with a view of the cruise port. We paid $162 (including tax) for a quad room. That price included parking for the duration of the 5 day cruise and a van ride to & from the cruise port. Parking at the cruise terminal is $15/day, so I considered $75 of our hotel stay was for the parking. It looks like your cruise might be longer than ours, so you could even save more with a Park & Cruise package. The traffic in and out of the cruise parking garage looked congested too; having the hotel van take us in & out of there was nice. We drove all day to get to Mobile, arriving after 8:30 PM the night before our cruise, and made the mistake of eating at the hotel's restaurant. It was very $$$, and the food wasn't that great.:p Food on the Elation was much better, and it was free! The morning of the cruise we just drove out to get last minute items and carry-on soda. A treat for us 'yankees' was having Waffle House for breakfast.:o

Have a great time on your cruise!

I have to vote on the Microtel in saraland as well. they are so ready to help you in anyway. we were on the first van ride over and was at the terminal by 10:30am.

we were on the Main deck in bunk beds rooms!!! it was fun for us, we are young and really dont spend any time in our rooms and we had no problems with it. we had a great time on the Elation, i enjoyed the food soooo much!!! enjoy

Archived