Ok.. New to CC and just HAVE to ask about...

Dreamz2cruise

The singing/dancing waiters.... Ok, I've sailed on RCI 2x and have enjoyed the nice dining experience there.

Can someone tell me about what happens at the Carnival dinners? What can we expect? I've seen the dancing/singing waiters on You-Tube and don't get it... when do they start singing? Does this happen EVERY night?... What's the purpose?... Also, we are having the late-dining... does that mean we will be feel like we are coming in at the end of someone else's party?...

Just a little confused on the whole thing. I know it's for FUN! And, I will enjoy it - just want to know what to expect.

Please don't debate whether you love/hate this... I just want to know what to expect! Thanks all! :p

The singing/dancing waiters.... Ok, I've sailed on RCI 2x and have enjoyed the nice dining experience there.

Can someone tell me about what happens at the Carnival dinners? What can we expect? I've seen the dancing/singing waiters on You-Tube and don't get it... when do they start singing? Does this happen EVERY night?... What's the purpose?... Also, we are having the late-dining... does that mean we will be feel like we are coming in at the end of someone else's party?...

Just a little confused on the whole thing. I know it's for FUN! And, I will enjoy it - just want to know what to expect.

Please don't debate whether you love/hate this... I just want to know what to expect! Thanks all! :p

if you've sailed rccl, you've already seen it. first thing thrust to my memory is making the helicopters out of napkins. did you not see this?

if you don't get it, and don't want to see it, just make sure your' out of the room by the time they do it. it's usually around dessert time. it's part of the fun element. we make sure we film it, cause it's lots of fun.

a song starts, they parade out, may sing along, dance, and it's over in about three minites.

and before i go, what is the purpose of the quest on rccl? what's the purpose of cruising? you end where you start? :confused:

It's usually short and also way over from first seating by the time you get there for second seating. No party crasher feeling I promise!:D I fun and festive but not over the top. It was my daughter's favorite part of the evening, because our server always got her up dancing too :) Enjoy!

It's usually short and also way over from first seating by the time you get there for second seating. No party crasher feeling I promise!:D I fun and festive but not over the top. It was my daughter's favorite part of the evening, because our server always got her up dancing too :) Enjoy!

Do they do it again for the late seating people? This is only my second cruise and we had anytime dining last time and I don't recall seeing them. We have late seating this time and I would really like to see it this year.

Late seating on Dream has the singers, didn't go everynight to dinner, but at times had Italian singer, at the last one, all the staff sang from both staircases. It's like Carnival towel animals being expected, the short staff entertainment is expected. On Celebrity, not only had napkin whirlybirds, but had flaming baked Alaska parade. Don't know if they still do it.

Hmmm for some reason I don't remember this happening on RCL. Maybe because we were shoved in a corner table? Or maybe it was the night we went to the italian restaurant? Oh well - I'm excited to see this!

Hmmm for some reason I don't remember this happening on RCL. Maybe because we were shoved in a corner table? Or maybe it was the night we went to the italian restaurant? Oh well - I'm excited to see this!

Don't get too excited...;) I'm happy to do Anytime dining so we are only exposed to this foolishness once a week or so....

On my first cruise (girls cruise), we weren't expecting it, so it was very entertaining!

On my second cruise (with DH), we evidently weren't in the dining room when they did it. I was so looking forward to him seeing it!

Next time (later this month, another girls trip), we're doing Anytime Dining, so I'm guessing we may or may not see it. ?

I'm not saying I want to get up and walk OUT... just wondering if inbetween seatings if we will be walking IN on someone else's good time! I take it all in fun anyways - just wasn't sure if they do it every night.

And, on RCI - they only did something the last formal night (more of an introduction of chef staff). No disco lights - loud music, guests getting up and dancing (like I've seen on You Tube). That's why I was asking.

Again, thanks for taking your time to reply! :)

Back in the day it was entertaining.

But now, given the staffing cutbacks, the wait staff barely has time to complete service. Lose the entertainment and concentrate on getting my order right.

Archived