Why do some folks choose HAL and not match HAL's marketed image?

SabreSailor

Of that, I have NO doubt, Colleyberry;), since I am often mistaken for Christie Brinkley....WITHOUT my makeup on.....:D Gets bothersome after awhile, doesn't it?

Yes,yes it does..being beautiful has it's price, but I do my best. and poor Orlando, no matter how hard he tries he'll never look as dashing as Dave in a tux.:)

Oh probably ..but if they were "tiny,thin" they no doubt saw it again a little while later.:( (unless of course they did spend the rest of the cruise on the stairmaster :))

I thought that, too. Actually, both are probably true.

And on the subject of image, what about TV ads? I saw an ad for another line, and one of the short clips was an audience in the theater. People were standing up and applauding. (I guess the messages was that the shows are great.) The people in the clip were in casual clothing, like cargo shorts and t-shirts. A friend and I had the same reacation--oh, they don't dress up for the evening. We like formal nights and dressing up, so we crossed that line off the list. (Actually, it was already off the list for a lot of other more important reasons) But was that an accurate depiction of the passengers? If they had been in clothing appropriate for dinner in the MDR, should we have believed that was typical?

This morning I was watching one of the AM news shows and saw an ad for RCCL. If this ad is to believed, one must be green or wear zebra or donkey costumes to fit in. :eek:

All I know is that I'm still looking for the guy who looks like Bjorn Borg's slightly older American cousin. (I'm not sure if he's still featured on the website or not.) Surely he MUST really be on a HAL ship! ;):p

That guy wasn't even on my last Crystal Cruise, but I think his wife/main squeeze might have been! :p

Archived