Do they have vinegar on cruise ships

Skell

Wow! This forum is so educational! I have never before heard of putting vinegar on fries!

Rarely without, in the UK! Every fish and chip shop has a vast bottle waiting on the counter....the supermarkets even sell a brand known as chippie vinegar....:rolleyes:

Jo.

Rarely without, in the UK! Every fish and chip shop has a vast bottle waiting on the counter....the supermarkets even sell a brand known as chippie vinegar....:rolleyes:

Jo.

And just clarify, it's MALT vinegar in the UK. Not white vinegar!!!

P.S I wasn't correcting you Jo, just informing our friends across the pond.

And just clarify, it's MALT vinegar in the UK. Not white vinegar!!!

P.S I wasn't correcting you Jo, just informing our friends across the pond.

I've just been to Tesco, and noticed there was a whole shelf labelled "Malt"....I'd never have noticed that without this post......:p

Jo.

Okay then, so if most states don't use white vinegar and the UK doesn't use white vinegar, where did us Canadians pick up this strange food habit of white vinegar on fries? :confused:

who says the UK dont use it on Fries:eek:. maybe it depends on the part of the uk ;)

who says the UK dont use it on Fries:eek:. maybe it depends on the part of the uk ;)

Travelled extensively throughout the UK, and where ever I've been, I've only ever seen on tables or offered Malt Vinegar when asked in chippies, cafes, restaraunts and other peoples homes. Not saying some people don't use white vinegar, but I bet it's a very very small minority.

I think the OP was asking for straight vinegar... and every salad bar, chip station, etc that offered vinegar that was clear...was actually White Wine Vinegar and not the scour your shower clear vinegar.

Maybe clarification is needed, at least for me, does the OP want White (Wine) Vinegar or straight vinegar?

Because, if it is White Wine Vinegar, every ship will have it in the main dining room for sure.

Hmmmm :rolleyes:

Travelled extensively throughout the UK, and where ever I've been, I've only ever seen on tables or offered Malt Vinegar when asked in chippies, cafes, restaraunts and other peoples homes. Not saying some people don't use white vinegar, but I bet it's a very very small minority.

as have I and like I said it depends on the part of the UK your in. But to be honest I can't taste the difference ;)

Archived