In a Pinch, Need Some Advice: MIA to FLL

Cras108er

I leave on Thursday (in two days) for Miami. I arrive Friday a.m. and cruise out of Port Everglades on Saturday afternoon. I just checked on rental car prices to get from Miami to FLL (one way rental). The cost for that time period (one day and five hours) is $238 :eek:. Even if I can cut it down to a one day rental (24 hours), it is still more than $100. That seems pretty spendy. I was expecting something more like $50 - $60. Its just me and my wife. is there a cheaper way to get to FLL? I had seen posts previously that said renting a car was most economical, so I had planned to do that, and may have waited too long to make reservations. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Prices sure are high for MIA this weekend (Easter weekend likely being the reason). I clicked on the Hertz link above and it showed $124 for a Versa. Rentals from FLL are a lot cheaper this weekend, but by the time you spend the $50-60 on a shuttle to get to FLL, you're looking at the same cost. What hotel are you staying at, and what else did you plan to do with your time? You'll have to decide if spending the money on a car is worth it to you now, or if you'll be satisfied spending your time in and around your hotel (and even what to do while waiting to get in to the hotel as it sounds like you are arriving pretty early).

Maybe you can go to a local car dealer, take a car for a test drive and go to your hotel, and call them and say the car broke down and come get it LOL.

Hi I have again checked the price and a versa

is £22 per day circa $40, the higher price is if

you pay at the counter

Are you sure you were checking for this weekend? I went back and checked again and it said $124 (which I assume does not include taxes).

Dan, I amy have to bight the bullet and rent the car, although your idea about "test driving" a car is tempting. Do you have personal experience with this method? :)

Are you sure you were checking for this weekend? I went back and checked again and it said $124 (which I assume does not include taxes).

Dan, I amy have to bight the bullet and rent the car, although your idea about "test driving" a car is tempting. Do you have personal experience with this method? :)

Don't know if this is too late for you, but if you try Thrifty using the Orlando Magicard code (004M001010), you can get it around the $100 mark for 2 days.

Don't know if this is too late for you, but if you try Thrifty using the Orlando Magicard code (004M001010), you can get it around the $100 mark for 2 days.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!! I can keep the car for two days for considerably less than I was going to pay for one day. You are a Godsend.

Archived