last minute tours

ukinusa

Is it possible to book a tour after getting to the port or would they all be booked by then? I want to book a glacier hike in Juneau and misty fjords float plane in Ketchikan but I would prefer doing it after getting to the port if that's possible at all.

If I can't do that, how late can I wait before booking them? My cruise starts 15th. Thanks!

Ketchikan there were several vendors I saw at the dock, now what was available and the quality I have no clue.

I for one would prebook even right now directly or on the ship for a ship cruise if you already know what you want.

Why spend thousands on airfare and cruise only to get to port and find the place you want to see is sold out?

Is it possible to book a tour after getting to the port or would they all be booked by then? I want to book a glacier hike in Juneau and misty fjords float plane in Ketchikan but I would prefer doing it after getting to the port if that's possible at all.

If I can't do that, how late can I wait before booking them? My cruise starts 15th. Thanks!

Certainly you can "wait". But be sure you are considering that for reality based reasons.

I would inquire, however, beforehand with who you want to hike with in Juneau, and find out from them, their cut off time for tour bookings.

Yes, in Ketchikan you can purchase flights from vendors both on the dock and inside the Ketchikan Visitor's Bureau (the mint-green building located on the dock between Berths 1 & 2). Inside the Visitor's bureau there are at least 4-5 different flightseeing vendors.

Thanks for the input every one. I want to do the glacier trek. But since we will be spending 1 full day cruising Glacier bay, I want to wait and see if I want to do spend more time with glaciers or use that time for some thing else like whale watching.

Don't let a day in Glacier Bay dissuade you from actually walking/hiking on a glacier. Both are awesome experiences, but there are NOT the same thing. At all. I think my glacier hike was my favorite adventure in alaska, period.

Do you know if most tours are cheaper or more expensive if you wait till you get there to book as compaired to pre-booking?

Same. It is rare that vendors discount at the last minute. And you certainly can not count on anything.

Archived