Radiance of the seas

sorry cant answer your question but we have today booked the cruise prior to yours, off to tassie for a week, she looks a beautiful ship, cant wait:D:D

cheers

I am on the same cruise as you!!! We will have to catch up. I think the last time we cruised together was on the 1 night Rhapsody cruise in April 09 :).

For me, a good deal is approx $100 per person per night for quad share, or $150 per person per night for twin share.

For a 12 night Radiance cruise in March 2012, inside prices are approx $1380 per person based on quad share (approx $115 per person per night) and approx $1820 per person based on twin share (approx $151 per person per night).

Outside and balcony prices also seem to be more affordable.

Everyone's idea of a good deal is different, but for me, the above prices for the "per person per night" seem a good deal.

I think that the prices will increase closer to the date as the ship fills up as there are not a huge amount of cruises on offer and a lot of people will be wanting to try this new ship for Australia - our first 21st century superliner.

We booked the 34 night round Australia Feb- March for approx $124p/p per night inside deck 8, quite happy with that price. Robin:)

Did you folk who booked Radiance get good deals? I think all of her cruises down here are expensive. I'm basing that on a per day calculation.

Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place.;)

Jilly:)

Jilly, i was wanting to do the 2 nighter in November but we have left it too late...a balcony cabin is $1200!!!!! I remember reading someone on here got the cruise much cheaper, but since its popularity has grown so has the prices which is fair enough i suppose....i cant justify $1200 for 2 nights though....maybe there will be some last minute specials...I hope so, as we wont be cruising for awhile, we are off to Europe for our next holiday.... :)

The price may come down closer to the date when final payments need to be made. I hope so. We are booked but have a few friends waiting for a cheaper price.

Far too expensive for a 2 nighter, but there seem also to be few cabins left.

I wouldn't be optimistic that people will cancel given where it's at as:

a) many of those booked booked when it was cheaper so it's not likely to be a huge cost that they'll feel they can't pay

b) being a 2 night cruise, it's likely to have many locals or those travelling for other things so it's not likely they'll be international travellers who cancel for sake of the airfare.

It is priced highly, but I can't see it coming back to previous (or even bargain basement!) levels.

Thank you for the deck plan. We have just booked cabin 7594 for the cruise on Radiance on the 24th March. Managed to book online as our TA could not get E2 for $2394pp. Apparently we can nominate whatever amount for gratuities we please when we first embark. Advised not to pay the gratuities when booking. Yay.;)

SandAndSea Lovers - I have just noticed that 7108 is today available - it is an E1 category but going by the deck plan, appears to have a huge balcony.

Thought I would let you know incase you were interested. I am not sure of the price difference between the E1 and E2, but I think it may be just under $100 difference per person.

SandAndSea Lovers - I have just noticed that 7108 is today available - it is an E1 category but going by the deck plan, appears to have a huge balcony.

Thought I would let you know incase you were interested. I am not sure of the price difference between the E1 and E2, but I think it may be just under $100 difference per person.

Hi LuckiePuris, Thank you so much for letting me know. I will keep the booking I have as 7108 si right next to elevators, and 7594 is on the other side so may be quieter at night. I appreciate you informing me though. I noticed the company I booked through have now gone up and extra $100 per cabin than what we paid yesterday. Lucky us.

Is there a website to see which cabins are available?

Hi LuckiePuris, Thank you so much for letting me know. I will keep the booking I have as 7108 si right next to elevators, and 7594 is on the other side so may be quieter at night. I appreciate you informing me though. I noticed the company I booked through have now gone up and extra $100 per cabin than what we paid yesterday. Lucky us.

No worries, just happened to notice it by chance today. You definately have a great cabin already, especially with that larger balcony! I too noticed a price increase since we booked. Wonder how much higher it will go!

Is there a website to see which cabins are available?

I am not aware of a website, but with RCI cruises, you can do a dummy booking on their website and see which cabins are available to choose from. This is where I noticed the above cabin availability

A heads up if anyone is interested..

Radiance will be transitting the Panama Canal tomorrow morning, so you may be able to catch her going through on the canal webcams.

She is going through Thurs 5 May, which is tomorrow , our time.

A heads up if anyone is interested..

Radiance will be transitting the Panama Canal tomorrow morning, so you may be able to catch her going through on the canal webcams.

She is going through Thurs 5 May, which is tomorrow , our time.

Thanks Kiwi for the information!

I did a search online and found where Radiance currently is, and the site indicated arrival at the Panama Canal in 8 hours.

It appears to be currently around 10.00pm 4 May at the Panama Canal, so I am assuming that this means Radiance will be there at 6.00am 5 May their time / 9.00pm our time (EST time) today.

I have found some webcams of the Panama Canal on the following website:

http://www.pancanal.com/eng/photo/camera-java.html

Thanks again Kiwi for letting us know! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

we are booked on Radiance of the Seas next February Sydney to Freemantle.We received an email from our agent advising that we would not be going to Broome because of tonage restrictions...

Does that mean the ship is too big to dock or is it a restriction put on by the port /security authority?Can anyone enlighten me ....I would have thought bigger ships than radiance have docked there.They have scheduled port headland as substitute port.....hardly a good compromise.I can only guess that tendering into Broome is a no no for some reason.

Col:)

I went on the October trip from Sydney to Fremantle on Radiance. RCI didn't bother to let us know that Broome was no longer on the itinerary. I found out when I printed my ticket. A number of people I met on the ship also found out that way so it was a bit annoying. I don't know why we ended up at Port Hedland but it turned out to be a highlight of the trip. Sure, it is hot and there is not much to see but the locals really put on the hospitality (and I got a decent coffee in one of the cafes). I went on the BHP tour which was expensive ($50) and not worth it. At the markets, that the locals coordinated with the ship's arrival, there was another mining company offering free tours so save your money and go on that (it is really just the railway and loading area so it is not that interesting really ie it's not a mine site).

Archived