Any beaches within walking distance near the port?

Roadtripster

We will be taking a tour of the island and I was wondering if there is a beach near the port we can go to and hang out on after the tour is over. The tour is in the morning and we will have all afternoon to relax.

I was hoping there is one within walking distance so we wouldn't have to find a taxi to get to one and also to return to the ship.

If we do need a taxi, which beach would you recommend to go to. Just need one with sand and water. LOL

The Boatyard is close to the cruise ship terminal. I'm not sure how far of a walk it is. Like $12 pp gets you chairs, an umbrella, free drink and transportation back to the terminal.

How is the beach? big or small? nice? would we better off going further to be on a nicer beach?

The Boatyard is close to the cruise ship terminal. I'm not sure how far of a walk it is. Like $12 pp gets you chairs, an umbrella, free drink and transportation back to the terminal.

Thanks! I just googled it and went to their website. It looks perfect. About a 15 minute walk it says to the terminal, but the transportation is included in the price back to the ship.

Looks like a lot to do there, food, drinks, activities and a beautiful beach.

Think that is where you will find me!

• 2 weeks later...
We will be taking a tour of the island and I was wondering if there is a beach near the port we can go to and hang out on after the tour is over. The tour is in the morning and we will have all afternoon to relax.

I was hoping there is one within walking distance so we wouldn't have to find a taxi to get to one and also to return to the ship.

If we do need a taxi, which beach would you recommend to go to. Just need one with sand and water. LOL

If you're doing a privately booked tour, take your beach gear with you & get your driver to drop you off at Carlisle Bay. If you're doing a ship-based one then you can get a taxi for under $5 each from the port to the beach. Also, I think I saw a sign near the taxi stand saying free shuttle to the beach but I'm not sure if that was operating. You could try walking (we did it- took about 20 mins) but it seems a long way if it's hot & you're carring beach gear. As others have said $12 at The Boatyard bar gets you loungers, shade, drinks, use of inflatables in the sea & a taxi ride back to the ship.

If you're doing a privately booked tour, take your beach gear with you & get your driver to drop you off at Carlisle Bay. If you're doing a ship-based one then you can get a taxi for under $5 each from the port to the beach. Also, I think I saw a sign near the taxi stand saying free shuttle to the beach but I'm not sure if that was operating. You could try walking (we did it- took about 20 mins) but it seems a long way if it's hot & you're carring beach gear. As others have said $12 at The Boatyard bar gets you loungers, shade, drinks, use of inflatables in the sea & a taxi ride back to the ship.

The walk to the boatyard - it is on a side street or a busy main street? Pretty much just wondering if it's safe to walk there. Thanks!

The walk to the boatyard - it is on a side street or a busy main street?

Pretty much just wondering if it's safe to walk there. Thanks!

Boatyard and Lobster Alive are on BAY Street,

a busy main street that basically is a continuation of the South Coast Main Road that leads into Bridgetown.

-NOT a back street and entirely safe to talk any time of day,

except maybe after midnight, by which time you'll be looong gone! ;)

Boatyard and Lobster Alive are on BAY Street,

a busy main street that basically is a continuation of the South Coast Main Road that leads into Bridgetown.

-NOT a back street and entirely safe to talk any time of day,

except maybe after midnight, by which time you'll be looong gone! ;)

Thanks so much for your quick response - much appreciated.

That's exactly what I wanted to hear. I'm thinking a nice day at the beach might be just what we need towards the end of our first cruise. :)

Archived