Fav West Caribbean Beach w/photos

mustardgirl

Roaton, lots of fun! We walked all the way down to the end of the beach, found a trail, continued and came to a bar where beer was only 1 dollar. The picture where were sitting on swings is it. Was very cool,,had the whole place to ourselve. Only I wished we found it a little earlier.

103.jpg.d0b7817c821225367ef205e11d3cbd05.jpg

098.jpg.f9db3d1099b576096089f71b620b9560.jpg

104.jpg.2b7b344cc4f3bb24fa5d2facf7eb3e96.jpg

111.jpg.fa4689cb4c7424068aaec7db769ec0df.jpg

Hey everyone, what is your favorite west caribbean (Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, Costa Maya) beach? If you have a picture post it too please so we all can see!! :D Don't forget to tell why you love it so much!!

I love Cozumel! Because it is the only one I have been to so far! I don't have anything to compare it to! But! It was great!:D

32468_127772813916848_100000523902881_246876_4540223_n.jpg

32468_127772847250178_100000523902881_246882_5367745_n.jpg

In Roatan, the beaches on the west end are all great! Some of the best snorkeling right off the beach you'll see anywhere! Our guide said we were at West End Beach.

P1040189.jpg

P1040190.jpg

Cozumel has many great beaches. I liked the beach at Chankanaab, but the edge goes to Paradise Beach, because of the fun water toys.

P1050073.jpg

P1050066.jpg

Playa Mia beach is down a little ways. It's pretty nice too.

P1050068.jpg

Only two specifics stand out for me, that is Carnivals private island is beautiful Half Moon Cay and 7 Mile Beach in Grand Cayman!

Grand Cayman has gorgeous beaches, 7 mile beach used to be alot wider but after the hurricanes it changed a bit but always still a gergeous beach and you can always find a casual type bar/restaurant on the beach and use the beach in front of them while you can eat and sip your cocktails there.

Living in Florida I have to compare our beaches here with Cozumel and Costa Maya and I have to say Florida beaches much better than those two! Chanakanaab Park in Cozumel is probably your best beach area, and its very safe there, but the beach does NOTHING for me there, but if your into snorkeling that is where to go. Costa Maya definately nothing to be impressed about with its beaches, if I have to choose one I have to say Cozumel better than Costa Maya.

You can't beat Cayman Island beaches (the clearest waters so beautiful), St. Maarten has some very nice beach areas also, St. Thomas only done Megans Beach its good but not like the caymans.

I never been to Roatan yet so I can't comment on that.

Playa del Carmen (Calica port or Cozumel by ferry) is not a choice you listed but it is my favorite Western beach area.

Sorry only had scrapbook photos uploaded, but still pictures (Starfish on bottom left is actually a photo of a huge starfish on the beach-pretty cool)

IMG_3877.jpg

IMG_3878.jpgIMG_3872.jpg

Really anywhere in Roatan. You can see in the pictures the water is crystal clear and has some great snorkeling from the shore. Go left as far as you can towards that big rock EVERYONE has a picture of and you'll find a maze of coral to swim through.

Not sure what the costs are, we got a free trip there due to cancellation of another Carnival excursion. They have local workers who will watch your chair and all your stuff and get you drinks. The guy watching our stuff was actually surprised that we gave him a tip when we left, so I'm sure you could get away without spending much.

1.jpg.99cc53834898762a7affad4cea6d0fb9.jpg

2.jpg.b3621f4004ba857fec058e92230c8154.jpg

3.jpg.ef7f26276824802ef5add15e5972c02f.jpg

4.jpg.74fa879eefec1fd54ccf353a1e732415.jpg

The first picture in this thread is Nachi Cocum in Cozumel.

Most of the beaches in Cozumel, close to the ship piers are rocky (like the Paradise beach pictures show)

Nachi has a beautiful sandy beach, a big pool with hot tub attached and a limit of 100 people per day.

Makes the $49 per person for 3 course lunch and all you can drink (alcoholic of non-alcoholic) a wonderful bargain.

We book Nachi within a day of every Western cruise we book.

If you want a quiet, beach day, with a waiter bringing your drinks to your own palapa on the sand, Nachi can't be beat.

Can't wait to return in September again.

Bill

I know where your photos are from in Roatan but I won't let the secret out because we love it there as well! Nothing like being able to swim out to the reef if you'd like, not pay for a chair and reasonable drinks. Love it there, LOVE it!

The first picture in this thread is Nachi Cocum in Cozumel.

Most of the beaches in Cozumel, close to the ship piers are rocky (like the Paradise beach pictures show)

Nachi has a beautiful sandy beach, a big pool with hot tub attached and a limit of 100 people per day.

Makes the $49 per person for 3 course lunch and all you can drink (alcoholic of non-alcoholic) a wonderful bargain.

We book Nachi within a day of every Western cruise we book.

If you want a quiet, beach day, with a waiter bringing your drinks to your own palapa on the sand, Nachi can't be beat.

:D I can't wait as we are already booked there in Jun of this year. :D

The water was the prettiest light turquoise and ABSOLUTELY CRYSTAL CLEAR! Just gorgeous!

Playa del Carmen (Calica port or Cozumel by ferry) is not a choice you listed but it is my favorite Western beach area.

Sorry only had scrapbook photos uploaded, but still pictures (Starfish on bottom left is actually a photo of a huge starfish on the beach-pretty cool)

IMG_3877.jpg

IMG_3878.jpgIMG_3872.jpg

IMG_3877.jpg

IMG_3878.jpgIMG_3872.jpg

I really like your scrapbook pages.. I scrapbook too..but no where near this gooood ! awesome job !

Have been to Roatan once before - spent some time at the beach at Mayan princess Resort - but love the pics of Tabyana and the great snorkelling option at West Bay - this makes it much harder to make a decision for my next visit!! :D

Have visited Belize twice- both times did some 'ruins climibing' so I am wondering about some beach options there as well?

Archived