Sun 7 day or Dawn 10 day?

hillbilly73

We are booked on the Sun eastern Caribbean 7 day next February but are thinking of canceling and booking the Dawn 10 day southern Caribbean. Besides the obvious 3 more days of cruising what are the advantages?

We would miss St. Thomas (which I love) and San Juan. The only port on the 10 day we have been to is St. Maarten so most of the would be all new we really could use some suggestions from anyone that is familiar with both.

Have done this and loved it. Gets you to some ports that you don't usually get to such as Barbados, St Kitts, Antigua (dont know your itenerary) And of course 10 days is great! After the first 3 days you still have another week!

I have cruised on both ships and enjoyed both. For me, the edge would go to the Sun cuz I love my aft AC with that killer balcony... But, I have to agree with the others. Increasing your cruise time by approximately 50% would be the clincher. Go for it! I love longer cruises!

I absolutley love the Sun, but really those extra three days really make you feel like you've had a real vacation. The ports are fantastic as well. Another consideration is college spring breakers. Depending on what week in February, you could be faced with a greater number of college aged kids on a seven day cruise. If that might be an issue, go for the 10 day Southern.;)

I write this as the dawn leaves Miami for it's last 9 day of the season - so sad. I would favor the 10 day and it has tp be partly about the extra days. Our 9 day this year was very relaxing and truly felt like a vacation. All the ports, with the exception of DR, were terrific.

Treat yourself to the 10 day, you won't regret it.

Archived