Restaurant suggestions in Barbados.

ScottToronto

Good morning Silversea friends,

We are staying at the Barbados Hilton December 10th, 2011 for one night before boarding the Silver Spirit, Voyage 5137. Can anyone recommend a restaurant for dinner? Last time in Barbados a couple of years ago, we stayed at the Barbados Hilton (pre-boarding the Silver Shadow), we dined at "The Cliff". The ocean view was beautiful, the food was spectacular and the service was first class.

We were thinking of Cobblers Cove for dinner since we stayed there about 10 years ago and the food was wonderful but are looking for something a little more trendy and closer to the Hilton.

Wripro, I love your recommendations....any suggestions?

Happy Sailing!

Regards,

ScottToronto

Ok, this might not be your cup of tea but it was fun for my wife and me. We too stayed at the Hilton a few years back. It was nice. There was this little restaurant on the beach a bit north of the Hilton that sold lobsters. Of course they are the local, spiney version. They bring them in daily or every few days and they are all in a big tank in the back of the rest. Some are actually quite large. It is a very, very casual rest right on the beach. We had fun. Just a thought.

Mark

Annapolis, MD

Scott, there is a relatively new restaurant in Holetown, The Tides. The setting is right on the beach, the food is very good and they have an excellent winelist. It is a cab ride from the Hilton. We have a reservation there next month before we board the Cloud.

Good morning Silversea friends,

We are staying at the Barbados Hilton December 10th, 2011 for one night before boarding the Silver Spirit, Voyage 5137. Can anyone recommend a restaurant for dinner? Last time in Barbados a couple of years ago, we stayed at the Barbados Hilton (pre-boarding the Silver Shadow), we dined at "The Cliff". The ocean view was beautiful, the food was spectacular and the service was first class.

We were thinking of Cobblers Cove for dinner since we stayed there about 10 years ago and the food was wonderful but are looking for something a little more trendy and closer to the Hilton.

Wripro, I love your recommendations....any suggestions?

Happy Sailing!

Regards,

ScottToronto

Lobster Alive is the lobster place on the beach, very informal, you pick your lobster from the tank. A guy in wellingtons wades in to collect it an next thing you know it is on your plate! Excellent. You can have it any way you want it. Place is owned by an Australian ex pat called Art Taylor who fly's his own Cesner to the Grenadines to collect the live lobsters. Not quite the Cliff but a great experience. They have live jazz on Sundays.

Another choice not too far from the Hilton is Champers also on the south coast, excellent menu and wine list and moderate pricing.

Scott, We really enjoyed our meal at the Fish Pot at Little Good Harbour. We would definitely recommend it.

I had a lovely lunch at the "Fish Pot" with Sailmaker (Hi Andy!) and I also went to Champers on his recommendation.

Both were lovely.

Cheers

Jennifer

• 2 weeks later...

Archived