Honeymoon and First Time cruise - Tips?

Before anyone flames me for it - I am reading as many of these posts as possible to read other tips and reviews, but thought I would start a thread for anyone who was maybe in the same situation at some point. My to-be wife and I will be crusing the Allure for our honeymoon on June 19. We were both on one cruise when we were kids, but this will be our real first cruise now that we are big kids - haha.

So we know nothing about cruising other than what I am learning on these forums - so any and all tips are appreciated - is there anything a first-time cruiser shouldn't skip (besides everything - haha). I am going to keep reading - but tips are appreciated and as I get specific questions I will ask them in here - and hopefully someone responds!!!

What a great way to honeymoon!!!

The Allure is such a big ship, and has soooo much to offer, don't overplan. There is so much to do, no way to do everything in one week!!

Figure out what you definitely want to do, and if you have time to do more, great!!!!

One of my favorite things to do in the evenings was to sit with my hubby out in Central Park and watch the "bubble light show". It changes colors and puts on a nice, quiet show. Plenty of comfy furniture to curl up in with your special someone while the show is going!! So relaxing after a day of go, go, go!!!!

I'm sailing on the Allure on the 19th for my honeymoon too. Can't wait.

It will be my second RCCL cruise--the first was my 15th anniversay (before the divorce) I just think the Allure is big enough to have enough stuff for the hubby to do.

I am trying to figure out how to communicate with her on cruise when we aren't together. I saw something on phones and someone else mentioned walkie talkies. Any recommendations? Upsides or downsides of each?

The phones on board are given to families first. Then to couples (usually none left).

Make sure your agent tells RCCL it is your honeymoon. They have a party for you with champange cake ect. You get to meet other couple who like yourself are on their honeymoons. Great chance for pic with Captain (he usually attends but may not).

Do book your shows and dinner things ahead. You need to pay for some resturants ahead but it will help with budget. Also pre-book your excurtions.

Don't miss sailaway.

Ensure that you do not print your Sign and Sail Pass until all of your bookings for Entertainment, shore ex and extra pay resturants are done. Print it our at least one week before cruise.

Passports are the best ids (she may still be her maiden name but you book the same as passport and there is no problems). Then after honeymoon change everything over before next cruise.

welcome to Allure of the Seas. It is such a great ship; try and book as many shows as you can online prior to sailing. Not to miss shows.

Aquatheater show: Oceanaria

BluePlanet Show: (cirque soliel type show)

Ice Show: ice capade type show

try and eat in a different resturaunt each morning for breakfast. this way you get a good feel for what's out there.

windjammer

Solarium bistro(healty type food

Johnny rockets

Main Dining Room

Central Park cafe(this place has excellent roast beef sand; if u like that)

try the dog house on the boardwalk; they offer different types of hot dogs

ritas Cantina is good: cost is $6.95 but u get a lot of food.

this is a start for you. If u have any more questions please ask.

welcome to Allure of the Seas. It is such a great ship; try and book as many shows as you can online prior to sailing. Not to miss shows.

Aquatheater show: Oceanaria

BluePlanet Show: (cirque soliel type show)

Ice Show: ice capade type show

try and eat in a different resturaunt each morning for breakfast. this way you get a good feel for what's out there.

windjammer

Solarium bistro(healty type food

Johnny rockets

Main Dining Room

Central Park cafe(this place has excellent roast beef sand; if u like that)

try the dog house on the boardwalk; they offer different types of hot dogs

ritas Cantina is good: cost is $6.95 but u get a lot of food.

this is a start for you. If u have any more questions please ask.

68603_wcf-Copy.jpg.186da6fabd8897c76e0a605a123b00fb.jpg

What makes you think that honeymooners will make time to eat?

"Passports are the best ids (she may still be her maiden name but you book the same as passport and there is no problems). Then after honeymoon change everything over before next cruise. "

This is probably the best advice for Honeymooners.

Your name on your RCI booking must match your passport or other acceptable ID. Check with RCI for specifics before your cruise.

There was a TV show on the turnover process on the Oasis. Several people were denied boarding because they booked using their new "married" name and their passports had their maiden name. Since it might be hard getting a new passport after you're married then ensure the booking is under your maiden name.

"Passports are the best ids (she may still be her maiden name but you book the same as passport and there is no problems). Then after honeymoon change everything over before next cruise. "

This is probably the best advice for Honeymooners.

Your name on your RCI booking must match your passport or other acceptable ID. Check with RCI for specifics before your cruise.

There was a TV show on the turnover process on the Oasis. Several people were denied boarding because they booked using their new "married" name and their passports had their maiden name. Since it might be hard getting a new passport after you're married then ensure the booking is under your maiden name.

Just a tip because I found out the hard way... make sure that she updates her passport name WITHIN 1 YEAR, otherwise you'll have to pay for a brand new one.

High on the list of don't miss activities... make sure that you join the balcony club. It's a can't miss good time :D

You didn't mention which balcony type... If you have a boardwalk or CP ("interior facing apartment style") balcony, you might be sharing your good time. And even then, if you're at sea with an oceanview, there's a lot of cameras mounted on the oceanview sides to monitor "overboard" scenarios.

So whose good time is a good question.

You didn't mention which balcony type... If you have a boardwalk or CP ("interior facing apartment style") balcony, you might be sharing your good time. And even then, if you're at sea with an oceanview, there's a lot of cameras mounted on the oceanview sides to monitor "overboard" scenarios.

So whose good time is a good question.

That is good to know for sure!! Maybe I just won't tell her about it and hope neither of us are looking to go into politics. We are in a Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony!!!

We know what excursion we are doing in Cozumel, but are trying to figure out Labadee and Haiti. In Labadee we will definitely just plan on relaxing on the beach, but noticed there are a lot of different beaches - anyone have any thoughts on which ones they liked and why? I saw "Adrenaline Beach" which looked more like my type of place, but is it really a "beach" so that she could lay out and I could be playing vball? Also - what is the availability of cabanas there? We thought about renting one of those - are they difficult to get?

We also haven't figured out Jamaica - has anyone done anything there that they loved? Would staying on this ship at that port be silly? Its our first cruise so we don't want to miss things on the one hand, on the other hand, if that means we get a little more time by the pool and relaxing on the ship - it may be worth it.

You guys are all great with the tips so please keep them coming!! We did book cruise in her maiden name - but good tip on changing her passport right away after we get home!!!

Normally, I would recommend that you try the Rasul couple's massage. It has always been a favorite of my wife and I's over the years...

That said, we had a bad experience on the Allure. Our appointment was at 1:00 - we didn't get taken back to the spa room until 1:15 for our hour long treatment. At 1:55, we were kind of shocked to find that the folks from the spa were standing in the treatment room yelling at us to see if we were okay and asking why we hadn't left the room yet. Meanwhile, the steam from the Rasul area was still coming down on us in the room. My wife left the room red with embarrassment - I left red with anger.

I love the Rasul treatment and it would be a lot of fun for Newlyweds (look it up if you haven't heard of it before). I would still recommend you do it on the Allure - perhaps ask them to make sure there won't be someone scheduled after you so you can have sufficient time to get your whole hour in.

Have a blast. Amazing place for a honeymoon.

Congrats to both 'nearlywed' couples on this thread :D

Myself and fiance are cruising the Allure Oct 2nd for our honeymoon too as first time cruisers so I can't to hear how you get on for yours.

That is good to know for sure!! Maybe I just won't tell her about it and hope neither of us are looking to go into politics. We are in a Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony!!!

We know what excursion we are doing in Cozumel, but are trying to figure out Labadee and Haiti. In Labadee we will definitely just plan on relaxing on the beach, but noticed there are a lot of different beaches - anyone have any thoughts on which ones they liked and why? I saw "Adrenaline Beach" which looked more like my type of place, but is it really a "beach" so that she could lay out and I could be playing vball? Also - what is the availability of cabanas there? We thought about renting one of those - are they difficult to get?

We also haven't figured out Jamaica - has anyone done anything there that they loved? Would staying on this ship at that port be silly? Its our first cruise so we don't want to miss things on the one hand, on the other hand, if that means we get a little more time by the pool and relaxing on the ship - it may be worth it.

You guys are all great with the tips so please keep them coming!! We did book cruise in her maiden name - but good tip on changing her passport right away after we get home!!!

In Jamaica I would suggest Dunes River Water Fall... It is a ton of fun, we have done it once before and doing it again May 22nd on the Allure. Hope you have a great time and Congrats!!!

Join our June 19 Meet and Mingle Roll Call. Some of us are meeting at Rita's for the feista party on June 22 at 8 30 - come join us - sign up on the RCCL site, or call RCCL directly.

My husband and I were married on a RCCL cruise (June 19 1996). Some of our best memories happened on that cruise.

1 - go play the newlywed game

2 - attend all the shows, games, activites

3 - take in the surroundings, sounds, smells, sites, tastes - the memories you make in your mind - you will retain and recall on for the rest of your lives. No other vacation will compare to this "special" one.

4. Don't spend all the time in your room - you have time for that 'other stuff' the week after you get home - MAKE MEMORIES - GET OUT THERE!

5. Do things you haven't done before (or would have the opportunity to do regularly) - scuba dive/parasail/zipline - cause you will always have the memory of saying...'Remember - we did that on our Honeymoon!'

6. Be romantic - she will remember it all her life - give the steward an extra 10 bucks to put rose petals on the bed during the turn down service ( you can buy a rose on the ship at the floral shop ). Order flowers to be waiting in the cabin and champagne for when you arrive. Leave her a love note on the steamed bathroom mirror.

Enjoy and I hope to meet the both of you at the Ritas party or Meet and Mingle.

Archived