Europe 2012?

jfink1162

I'm waiting also,, :mad:

I dont understand why they cant post this further in advance? Don't they understand that some of need time to plan things? I may end up booking with another line if it doesnt come out soon,,,

I'm waiting also,, :mad:

I dont understand why they cant post this further in advance? Don't they understand that some of need time to plan things? I may end up booking with another line if it doesnt come out soon,,,

As you can see from my countdown clock, this is what happened with me. I may cancel & re-book with carnival - but you can only wait so long. If it turns out I don't like carnival's itineraries then I would have lost out on the "good deal" cabins sailing on other lines. It really puts you at a disadvantage to wait months & months past the time other cruse lines post their itineraries.

As you can see from my countdown clock, this is what happened with me. I may cancel & re-book with carnival - but you can only wait so long. If it turns out I don't like carnival's itineraries then I would have lost out on the "good deal" cabins sailing on other lines. It really puts you at a disadvantage to wait months & months past the time other cruse lines post their itineraries.

We did the same thing! It's crazy how long it is taking Carnival to get with it. At least we have a back up plan if things don't work out with Carnival! :D

For what it's worth, the Balearic Islands Port Authority lists both "Carnival Magic" and "Carnival Miracle" as visiting the port of Palma de Mallorca multiple times in 2012. As some of these visits are on the same dates for both ships, I suppose we will not see both ships operating these crusies, but maybe one of them. :)

For what it's worth, the Balearic Islands Port Authority lists both "Carnival Magic" and "Carnival Miracle" as visiting the port of Palma de Mallorca multiple times in 2012. As some of these visits are on the same dates for both ships, I suppose we will not see both ships operating these crusies, but maybe one of them. :)

Interesting post. My guess it would be the Breeze, since she will be there already (new ship just out from the shipyard).

Two things. First Carnival has already released the Magic's itineraries into 2013, but I know they could change. Then secondly, I just don't see them taking the Magic out of Galveston, because Galveston is a big money maker for them.

Two things. First Carnival has already released the Magic's itineraries into 2013, but I know they could change. Then secondly, I just don't see them taking the Magic out of Galveston, because Galveston is a big money maker for them.

I agree, but the name could change....maybe just holding the spot until they roll out the rest of the schedule.

Definitely interesting about Mallorca. They have two ships running through November 2012, sometimes on the same day and sometimes a few days apart. It's possible that they may be deciding which size boat to use in Europe or maybe Breeze will start there until the Miracle gets going and the Breeze goes to it's homeport. Who knows? I don't know what's involved in booking a port to know how firm these plans would be. Has anyone checked Venice? I've been to Mallorca before for 4 nights and while I liked it, I'm not sure about just seeing it for one day.

Is this a "normal" for Carnival? I am , going to be booking a cruise for 2013. I know it is early, but it will be a graduation present and our Platinum cruise:confused: I really don't want to wait for the last moment, especially with having to book airfare!

Is this a "normal" for Carnival? I am , going to be booking a cruise for 2013. I know it is early, but it will be a graduation present and our Platinum cruise:confused: I really don't want to wait for the last moment, especially with having to book airfare!

When are you looking at booking in 2013? If you are looking at cruising in Jan-Apr, you should know in the next few weeks, but if you are looking at May and on you are going to have to wait another year.

This is how most cruise lines release their schedules.

Also I don't know how you are expecting to book airfare two years in advance because airlines don't release flight schedules until less than a year out.

The Breeze will be doing Europe 2012 just like Magic is this year. That way they can work out any kinks and stll be close to the shipyard if any problems were to occur. So seems like they are waiting on the schedule until they make the announcement about the Breeze before posting that schedule in advance.

I couldn't wait either so I booked on another line. We will see what Carnival comes out with and decide either way, the good thing is I got a good price and cabin I wanted on the other line.

Tom

Archived